Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

My parent's 2nd house is an EM too...it comes without anything..still remembered running up and down the stairs without railings with my bro before renovation started...scaring my parents in the process.. :P

no railings??? :P scary

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
in fs point of view hor,

the ways to counter this if one insist on having the diningtable there(front section of the house)

1) block the whole window(corridor) with thick curtains(cant see thru) 24x7

2) dont invite anybody to your house, cos once they enter the main door, they see the diningtable straightaway. wealth is exposed.

for me, I prefer the 3rd choice, turn the diningarea into a study area and makan elsewhere.

b4 i cld tell hubby abt our dining table being too near the corridor windows which is bad for FS...he suggested changing the position of our dining table, daybed & his fish tank. We're thinking of shifting the dining table nearer to the kitchen entrance i.e dining table wld be on our left if we're standing at kitchen entrance. Not sure if its feasible.

....that's why must buy an EM!!

angielim, whereabout is yr EM? The owners had wallpapers for most of the walls? Looks very cosy but i agree that its kinda dark. Keep the cornices as its very nice and paint it white.....

Guest hdb_sigh
Hey, I like that cabinet. Can you tell me what it the dimension ? LenghtxbreathxHeight? :)

For a moment I thought its a piano with 2 big speaker :P

For a moment I thought its a piano with 2 big speaker :)

actually planned to have one stretch of rosewood cabinets along side the studytable.

now eating grass so bobian put the speakers there temp for the computer first lor.

angielim, whereabout is yr EM? The owners had wallpapers for most of the walls? Looks very cosy but i agree that its kinda dark. Keep the cornices as its very nice and paint it white.....

It's in Bishan..they have wallpapers for the WHOLE house! Will cost $700 to remove all of them and another 2k to repaint everything!

It's in Bishan..they have wallpapers for the WHOLE house! Will cost $700 to remove all of them and another 2k to repaint everything!

wah... better check around for the wallpaper removal job...it's no easy job.

hopefully can get a contractor who does the removal of wallpaper + painting, cos if the wallpaper didnt remove properly....lots of patch up to be done leh. and normally the nipponpaint wont do the patch up if there is a lot.

Hey, me also a bishaner. wh part ur EM? how much did u pay for it?

wow, 2k to repaint whole house? A bit too ex for a mais :yamseng:

wah... better check around for the wallpaper removal job...it's no easy job.

hopefully can get a contractor who does the removal of wallpaper + painting, cos if the wallpaper didnt remove properly....lots of patch up to be done leh. and normally the nipponpaint wont do the patch up if there is a lot.

Yeah lor...worried they don't remove properly..then really headache

wow, 2k to repaint whole house? A bit too ex for a mais :)

They said inclusive of doors, pipes and other stuff which requires painting...didn't really have much time to check out market rates though..

Hey, me also a bishaner. wh part ur EM? how much did u pay for it?

Near Salvation Army.. :yamseng:

Paid around 470k for it...you just bought yours too?

wow, 2k to repaint whole house? A bit too ex for a mais :yamseng:

mine 2k+ also , cannot compare with nipponpaint pricing when your walls are in TEROK condition.

cos the $2k+ includes all the patching up of holes, gaps, uneven surface,...etc

I have even check with nipponpaint directly and they confirm with me they WILL ONLY PATCH minor holes only. What their job is just PAINT, nothing else.