Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Think it should be 2k including all the patch work..previous owners drilled a lot of holes.. ;)

did you redo your wiring?

if wallpaper+wiring = definitely you need to get contractor liao - cannot use nipponpaint.

cos there will be TOO MANY holes/chipped off, dont forget our mansionette are very old houses, wall condition no good liao.

I once saw the worker hacking just a small area of the wall BUT a huge chunk came off... :unsure:

did you redo your wiring?

if wallpaper+wiring = definitely you need to get contractor liao - cannot use nipponpaint.

cos there will be TOO MANY holes/chipped off, dont forget our mansionette are very old houses, wall condition no good liao.

I once saw the worker hacking just a small area of the wall BUT a huge chunk came off... :notti:

Not redoing wiring..heng!! Otherwise hole in pocket getting bigger!

:bow: chunks of wall falling off??!

Not redoing wiring..heng!! Otherwise hole in pocket getting bigger!

:bow: chunks of wall falling off??!

If the last reno was 5-6 yrs ago then I think not necessary to do rewiring. For mine, I had to do re-wiring because the reno was already close to 20 yrs :notti: .... in fact, entire reno was close to 20yrs so had to revamp the whole unit that's y had spent a bomb to rebuilt everything !!

bigger flat, more housework, expenses (bill) higher :seeya: !!

hope can 'fa ta' soon so can get a maid to handle all the housework !!

MaCe,

need some FS advice from u. Is it true that not advisable for one to place figurines in our house...i.e those zodiac figurines (mouse, ox, rabbit, tiger and so on) :notti: ?

If the last reno was 5-6 yrs ago then I think not necessary to do rewiring. For mine, I had to do re-wiring because the reno was already close to 20 yrs !! .... in fact, entire reno was close to 20yrs so had to revamp the whole unit that's y had spent a bomb to rebuilt everything :good:

bigger flat, more housework, expenses (bill) higher !! :deal:

hope can 'fa ta' soon so can get a maid to handle all the housework :curse:

Wahh...20 years..major overhaul..everything also have to do..will inspect my place carefully next week..see what else can be 'saved'..;)

21 years but didn't do rewiring. Electrician also said they look okay. :good:

that's good. My pre-reno condition was really very bad, some wirings were exposed. We need to plaster the walls & ceilings so opted for re-wiring. Furthermore re-wiring was in the entire reno package so we went for it.

MaCe,

need some FS advice from u. Is it true that not advisable for one to place figurines in our house...i.e those zodiac figurines (mouse, ox, rabbit, tiger and so on) :good: ?

yupz - cos they all represent the 5 elements, put the wrong one at the wrong location - disasters!:good:

can put hippo, elephants, dinosaurs, spiderman, transformers, ultraman....whahahahha.

refrain from putting animals figurines lor...some other animals not included in the 12 zodiac also represent a certain element.

21 years but didn't do rewiring. Electrician also said they look okay. :D

but did you check your meter?

mine, the hdb also say NO PROBLEM no need redo, but i switch on 2 light bulbs(hallway)...the meter run like crazy. for electrical wiring, you cant tell anything from the outside.

What do you do and look out for?

So far our electrical bill is reasonable...but then, we've only stayed for 2 months and 1 month is an estimation.

What do you do and look out for?

So far our electrical bill is reasonable...but then, we've only stayed for 2 months and 1 month is an estimation.

We took turns with one STARING at the meter while the other went into the house and switch on every socket/light switch one at a time. And it turns out that the wiring along the hallway(beneath the stairs) were faulty, I consider myself to be lucky able to find out the faults immediately.

If we had choose to trust HDB or skim on the $2k+, a few mths down the road after we shifted in then some wires got burn or got shortcircuited.....then we really really SIAO liao.

I think long ago Mr GMC warn you b4 on the wirings - industrial recommendation(professionals) is to change new wires every 20 yrs. Whether your wires are covered by cornice or not, you still cant see what is inside...

Edited by MaCe

Wahh...20 years..major overhaul..everything also have to do..will inspect my place carefully next week..see what else can be 'saved'..:P

no choice so there goes my $$$$$. Ya, u must inspect carefully and do proper planning. Do only those that are considered very necessary. Small wage earners like us gotta difference between what are wants and what are needs.

21 years but didn't do rewiring. Electrician also said they look okay. :(

u're the 2nd owner of your EM?

yupz - cos they all represent the 5 elements, put the wrong one at the wrong location - disasters!:furious:

can put hippo, elephants, dinosaurs, spiderman, transformers, ultraman....whahahahha.

refrain from putting animals figurines lor...some other animals not included in the 12 zodiac also represent a certain element.

but did you check your meter?

ya, the 2nd FS adviser also advised us to remove those figurines. Hee hee, I've plenty of hippo, elephants, dinosaurs at home....courtesy from my kids' toy collections....hahaha :wub:

Edited by hello88

We took turns with one STARING at the meter while the other went into the house and switch on every socket/light switch one at a time. And it turns out that the wiring along the hallway(beneath the stairs) were faulty, I consider myself to be lucky able to find out the faults immediately.

Thanks for sharing. But, what happens to the meter if the socket/switch is okay and faulty?

Thanks for sharing. But, what happens to the meter if the socket/switch is okay and faulty?

we saw the meter running like crazy....and when turning on other switches, the bulbs flickers(wire tapping! :dunno: ).