Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, mine's in Serangoon, (rectangle balcony), 148 sqm. No grilles at the balcony either...think it spoils the view...but with two young kids, have to keep emphasizing the dangers of climbing...

Hi, mine's in Serangoon, (rectangle balcony), 148 sqm. No grilles at the balcony either...think it spoils the view...but with two young kids, have to keep emphasizing the dangers of climbing...

oops sori....always thought u in Yishun :deal:

grilles at the balcony access lor - enough liao.

you are right in educating the kids - without proper education even if they cant climb in the house, they gonna climb elsewhere in schools/shoppingmalls/bldgs.

oops sori....always thought u in Yishun :dribble:

just notice your signature - my house only 146m² lah

Edited by MaCe

Sigh...they still climb elsewhere: supermarkets checkout counters, bus interchange railings... still trying to instil in them a sense of place and occasion. E.g. climbing in playground = achievement; climbing in MRT trains, supermarket checkout counters = shameful misbehaviour... They tend to forget...looks similar to them, a pole is a pole - whether on a train or playground...am aging into a nag, a broken recorder with a stern face :dribble:

Sigh...they still climb elsewhere: supermarkets checkout counters, bus interchange railings... still trying to instil in them a sense of place and occasion. E.g. climbing in playground = achievement; climbing in MRT trains, supermarket checkout counters = shameful misbehaviour... They tend to forget...looks similar to them, a pole is a pole - whether on a train or playground...am aging into a nag, a broken recorder with a stern face :sport-smiley-004:

initially when we decided to sign the otp for this EM...we were also worried abt the staircase and planned to seal up the opening at the staircase landing whereby one oversees the living room but eventually opted out. So far, the boys are Ok but still like to climb the tiny space near the staircase railings just for the fun of it and mummy n papa wld be screaming after them.

sigh, I'll have to get the staircase gates few months later when my girl starts learning to walk :deal:

sigh, I'll have to get the staircase gates few months later when my girl starts learning to walk :sport-smiley-004:

i think ikea got sell.

educate, educate, reward and punishment...

initially when we decided to sign the otp for this EM...we were also worried abt the staircase and planned to seal up the opening at the staircase landing whereby one oversees the living room but eventually opted out. So far, the boys are Ok but still like to climb the tiny space near the staircase railings just for the fun of it and mummy n papa wld be screaming after them.

sigh, I'll have to get the staircase gates few months later when my girl starts learning to walk :rofl:

Yah staircase, one of the favourite playground of my son and daughter.

My daughter at 4, do try to explore the tiny space along staircase railing. Normaly I am mild on her behaviour but on that day I saw her tried and I fume up and slaped her little hand. :deal: She had never see me in this state. Knowing she did somethings really wrong. From that day onward she did not attempt to it.. Who says must always used love education. Some times we needed to be hush to send out a strong signal. Better to be hush than sorry man.

As for my son at 1+, learning to walk, run. Every day he wanted to climb up and down of it. Rather than I carry him up and down, I train him to hold on to the rail and up and down by himself

Now hee hee. everytime I change diapers I just say UP UP UP and he climb climb climb. :sport-smiley-004:

Yah staircase, one of the favourite playground of my son and daughter.

My daughter at 4, do try to explore the tiny space along staircase railing. Normaly I am mild on her behaviour but on that day I saw her tried and I fume up and slaped her little hand. :deal: She had never see me in this state. Knowing she did somethings really wrong. From that day onward she did not attempt to it.. Who says must always used love education. Some times we needed to be hush to send out a strong signal. Better to be hush than sorry man.

As for my son at 1+, learning to walk, run. Every day he wanted to climb up and down of it. Rather than I carry him up and down, I train him to hold on to the rail and up and down by himself

Now hee hee. everytime I change diapers I just say UP UP UP and he climb climb climb. :sport-smiley-004:

yup, spare the rod spoilt the child. Me and hubby believed in the rod :rofl:

Just completed the 2nd appt for my EM in Bishan..paid $27k COV..no lift, low floor somemore... :D

Toilets are in ok condition...but they used slate tiles, FSM said no good for us..so end up have to redo all the toilets..

Total reno damage is around $45k..nothing major though, just the kitchen, toilets, laminate floors for upstairs, MBR bed/headboard/side tables, polishing the marble floor and varnishing the parquet stairs....is that the norm for EM? Seems really ex.. :bangwall:

The reno cost almost around that. I just did major reno for my new EM it around S$48K exclude air-con/furniture/hob/hood/tap/light.

The reno cost almost around that. I just did major reno for my new EM it around S$48K exclude air-con/furniture/hob/hood/tap/light.

Welcome Jack :dancingqueen:

congrats, got pics to show since house nice nice after reno.

whereabout is your EM so I can update in my signature.

Edited by hello88

Any pictures? !!