Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Yah must save money till end of the year. Hope this year got good bonus. :bleah:

Intending to do a build up to counter react the birds and grill issues. So my year end plan after bonus is to

1 Dismantle the upper grill

2 Build a straignt wooden roof

3 Build blue tint silding windows in the balcony

4 Build full height blue intinted sliding sliding windows from roof top to celing

$$$$$

:notti:

money always not enough - i even enquired about those simi acrylic transparent roof but was told not approved by hdb.

wooden roof also not approved by hdb - those who wants that ZEN look...

if free hor, go around your block and look at others' roof hehe that what i did. my neighbour even invite me into their house and see their roof(balcony area). then you can get more ideas.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I have just moved into a maisonette in tampines. !! Would appreciate the bro and sis advise.

My contractor overlay the floor tiles for my entire balcony. Then I realised that there is no water outlet in the balcony. My question

1) Is there one by default?

2) Can we cover it up?

Pls advise.

Thks!!

Hi,

I have just moved into a maisonette in tampines. !! Would appreciate the bro and sis advise.

My contractor overlay the floor tiles for my entire balcony. Then I realised that there is no water outlet in the balcony. My question

2) Can we cover it up?

Pls advise.

Thks!!

there is ONE there by default.

most pple would cover it up when they extend their livingroom into the balcony(making a roof at balcony)

Hi,

I have just moved into a maisonette in tampines. :yamseng:

congrats and welcome to our EM thread

any pics to share

btw, how big is your EM? (see my signature)

Edited by hello88

congrats and welcome to our EM thread

any pics to share

btw, how big is your EM? (see my signature)

Thks MaCe for the advise. Yup, my balcony is covered with roof and windows. But do you think HDB will fault me when i sell my house in the future?

Mine is 154msq (corner unit with recess area bought). See below for my floor plan

Will share the pics once I got them done :yamseng:

Edited by bigbird

Guest hdb_sigh
Have been reading the thread from page 1 (n still reading, now stopped at page 15). Seems that budget of doing minor works at 10k is Mission Impossible :dunno:

Hi Blossom501.

I dont advise you to read from page 1.

You can go nuts reading it. :disturb: So many things that is unnecessary by now.

Just ask around in this thread. I am sure all bro & sis here can help you.

Now Hello88 taking over Mr. GMC in this thread. Well done.

HELLO88.

Just completed transaction for my recess area recently.

Now 150sgm. Pls update me in your signature. Thanks :yamseng:

Yup, my balcony is covered with roof and windows. But do you think HDB will fault me when i sell my house in the future?

dont worry, since it' already roofed , meaning the workers just plug a "cork" to the floortrap(drainage) and not permanently sealed it by pouring cement into it.

Guest hdb_sigh

Just wondering if anyone of you know where I can purchase "Indoor Water Fountain"???

Approximately 3' by 2' size. Big enough to have gold fish or act as fish pond.

Budget not more then $1,000.

Went to fish farm in Pasir ris and Fukai Environmental show room in Woodlands link. But rather expensive.

Some people suggested "Farm Mart" in CCK.

Anyone been there?

Mine is 154msq (corner unit with recess area bought). See below for my floor plan

Will share the pics once I got them done :dunno:

wow, big EM and corner some more. Too bad, I cant find any corner units back then.

Hi Blossom501.

I dont advise you to read from page 1.

You can go nuts reading it. :disturb: So many things that is unnecessary by now.

Just ask around in this thread. I am sure all bro & sis here can help you.

Now Hello88 taking over Mr. GMC in this thread. Well done.

HELLO88.

Just completed transaction for my recess area recently.

Now 150sgm. Pls update me in your signature. Thanks :yamseng:

ya, blossom0501, u'll will go nuts reading it cos nothing much accurately.

congrats hdb_sigh....so u bought that expensive miserable recess area. Pay by cash or CPF. If CPF then HDB re-computed your housing loan right?

Alamak, me no GMC...standard too high for me liao. Let's take it that I'm the self-appointed co-ordinator aka KPO Queen....heeeheeee

Just wondering if anyone of you know where I can purchase "Indoor Water Fountain"???

Approximately 3' by 2' size. Big enough to have gold fish or act as fish pond.

Budget not more then $1,000.

Went to fish farm in Pasir ris and Fukai Environmental show room in Woodlands link. But rather expensive.

Some people suggested "Farm Mart" in CCK.

Anyone been there?

ya, u can try Farm Mart or even the nurseries along Thomson Rd ie Goodwood, Ji Mei, etc. I used to have the following water feature, bought less than $300 from Astoria then discarded it few months later cos got mosquitoes breeding inside even though we added chemicals, rear fishes or change water frequently. A couple of months after discarding it, we decided to put back the water feature but found it leaking....hubby used silicone to seal but still did not managed to fix the problem....in the end, we 'donated' to the rubbish dump.

waterfeature.jpg

Edited by hello88

Always thought that a roof at the balcony makes the living room very dark and stuffy. Thought that the poly carbon roofs would solve the problem. Didn't know they are banned by HDB.

Always thought that a roof at the balcony makes the living room very dark and stuffy. Thought that the poly carbon roofs would solve the problem. Didn't know they are banned by HDB.

yalor, a pity. last time when i did my "research", on top of the $$$ also saw my neighbours' roofed balcony - all dark dark no natural light coming in...

congrats, got pics to show since house nice nice after reno.

whereabout is your EM so I can update in my signature.

Hello, hello88

Sorry, did not photo yet coz my Digital Camera have some problem, I will do it later. we just moved in yesterday(my EM in Bt Batok West), and house still very messy and suddenly found kitchen cab door hinge got rust due to acid wash(contractor will replace them). Thank you.

show us pics leh.... must be v nice reno

wow! $48k! mine hovers around $35k inc aircon, laminate, lcd tv, staircase carpet ... v tight budget cos getting broke...hopefully exceed go up too much.

Hi, Tinkle, the cost is lowest of 5 quotes(other quote more than $50K.) I have no choice must redo everything due to house is already more than 20 years and condition very poor. we pay a lot for hacking & rebuild wall etc or we call infrastructure only and not many customised furniture. Will post some pic later. Hope you reno work goes smooth.

yalor, a pity. last time when i did my "research", on top of the $$$ also saw my neighbours' roofed balcony - all dark dark no natural light coming in...

AiYa, Difficult for me to decide again. No roof bird bird come in. got roof dark dark. Want wooden roof HDB may not approve.. :( So no choice lah. everyday clean bird ****.

Hi,

I have just moved into a maisonette in tampines. :) Would appreciate the bro and sis advise.

2) Can we cover it up?

Pls advise.

Thks!!

It is okay to cover it up but if you intend to box up the balcony pipe for decorative purpose then better take note consider below.

If you have neightbour ontop, make sure the after covering or box up the pipe, there is still a accessable portion for it. Else one day, suay suay upstair people pipe jam and chock. Their balcony become swimming pool then the plumber from HDB/Private may ask you to dismantle yout box up, saw your pipe, pump it and clear the chock piping from your unit to allow water flow upstair.

It happened to me one time. Why upstair chock and dismantle my house? :(