Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

It happened to me one time. Why upstair chock and dismantle my house? :deal:

choke is bcos they anyhow sweep dirt/garbage into the sewer.

:) although my whole unit didnt box up anything at all(partly bcos scare of such cases), but if this happens to me. Sorry man, they got to pay me for my time and inconvenience plus whatever damage/dirt/dust resulting from the repairworks. - or else nobody can enter my house. Got to use 13 yr old mentality to them, this one MY house, MINE! MY balcony! MINE! My Door! MINE NO OPEN! :(

i think now some rules have changed regarding water leakage/sewer between 2 neighbours(top and below).

still need to find out more - was told last time the 50%-50% cost share by both units have changed liao.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
choke is bcos they anyhow sweep dirt/garbage into the sewer.

!! although my whole unit didnt box up anything at all(partly bcos scare of such cases), but if this happens to me. Sorry man, they got to pay me for my time and inconvenience plus whatever damage/dirt/dust resulting from the repairworks. - or else nobody can enter my house. Got to use 13 yr old mentality to them, this one MY house, MINE! MY balcony! MINE! My Door! MINE NO OPEN! !!

i think now some rules have changed regarding water leakage/sewer between 2 neighbours(top and below).

still need to find out more - was told last time the 50%-50% cost share by both units have changed liao.

ya, its still 50-50.

Hello, hello88

Sorry, did not photo yet coz my Digital Camera have some problem, I will do it later. we just moved in yesterday(my EM in Bt Batok West), and house still very messy and suddenly found kitchen cab door hinge got rust due to acid wash(contractor will replace them). Thank you.

we all looking forward to seeing ur new sui sui renovated EM.

Hi, Tinkle, the cost is lowest of 5 quotes(other quote more than $50K.) I have no choice must redo everything due to house is already more than 20 years and condition very poor. we pay a lot for hacking & rebuild wall etc or we call infrastructure only and not many customised furniture. Will post some pic later. Hope you reno work goes smooth.

better than mine la. I spent much more than u to rebuilt everything except staircase railings.

AiYa, Difficult for me to decide again. No roof bird bird come in. got roof dark dark. Want wooden roof HDB may not approve.. :furious: So no choice lah. everyday clean bird ****.

like what MaCe suggested, go around your blk/estate to see see look look at people's balcony. Bird **** can be washed away during heavy downpour. Must decide whether u wanna keep balcony or extend your living room.

Always thought that a roof at the balcony makes the living room very dark and stuffy. Thought that the poly carbon roofs would solve the problem. Didn't know they are banned by HDB.

sometimes, HDB dont allow but some owners wld still do it eg. having 2 air con condenser in the balcony for older EMs with limited electricial loading. Anyway, if owners dun intend to sell then break the rules also no issue.

sometimes, HDB dont allow but some owners wld still do it eg. having 2 air con condenser in the balcony for older EMs with limited electricial loading. Anyway, if owners dun intend to sell then break the rules also no issue.

yupz...it's the " it's LEGAL until you are caught"

my neighbour did told me our nx block got pple did TRANSPARENT balcony roofs.

yupz...it's the " it's LEGAL until you are caught"

my neighbour did told me our nx block got pple did TRANSPARENT balcony roofs.

yup...its illegal but HDB not so free to check on illegal stuff....only when gonna sell then they make u remove it.

wow, resale transaction for Hougang flats also going up. One unit in Blk 850 (think its a EM) near Hougang Mall sold for 510k :jawdrop:

My previous block also got one unit sold for 220k....2 yrs ago, I sold mine for 193k nia but then, sell high, buy high!

Edited by hello88

$510k :yamseng:

That's next to the block a friend sold her EM for $390k in 1999. Good location, quiet yet near amenities.

my block also got one 2nd floor EM just sold for 337k. I think buyer must do an overhaul. Makes me and hubby wonder how much we can sell ours....hahaha :jawdrop: .....too bad, 2.5yrs not up so cant sell .

my block also got one 2nd floor EM just sold for 337k. I think buyer must do an overhaul. Makes me and hubby wonder how much we can sell ours....hahaha :jawdrop: .....too bad, 2.5yrs not up so cant sell .

my block current status

4th flr - $370k+

2nd flr - $350k+

2nd flr - $390k+

Guest hdb_sigh
my block current status

4th flr - $370k+

2nd flr - $350k+

2nd flr - $390k+

I bought mine last year $325K.

Recently I do valuation for the home loan pupose and the value has increase to $370K - base on 148sgm.

5th floor Whampoa area facing PIE.

Good or bad?

Alamak, me no GMC...standard too high for me liao. Let's take it that I'm the self-appointed co-ordinator aka KPO Queen....heeeheeee

No mah. You do a good job. Keep it up. :D

I just wish more pics in this thread. :P

ya, u can try Farm Mart or even the nurseries along Thomson Rd ie Goodwood, Ji Mei, etc. I used to have the following water feature, bought less than $300 from Astoria then discarded it few months later cos got mosquitoes breeding inside even though we added chemicals, rear fishes or change water frequently. A couple of months after discarding it, we decided to put back the water feature but found it leaking....hubby used silicone to seal but still did not managed to fix the problem....in the end, we 'donated' to the rubbish dump.

Thanks.

Never think about mosquito until you highlighted now. Hmmmmm....

Now think twice. :(

My wife try to growth different type of plant in the balcony.

All fail. Now end up on the recess area. :P

Dear Hello88,

Executed OTP. Awaiting 1st appointment Sept.

Paid 410 for ours. Wondering how much did Bigbird pay for yours. Would you mind sharing ?

Was wondering about whether those roller garage door thind is legal and if they can be made to look nicer.

Dear all,

Sorry, have been a bit secretive as sale not going as smoothly as I would like. First time buyer and thus very stupid and making lots of mistakes. Did not discover this forum until signing, agreeing to some stupid conditions. Trying to rectify. Location Tampines.

Will be more active once things are more settled.

Have been wondering about the balcony area too and ideas for this area. Would like to be able to keep it as outdoor area but has the option to have some protection from the weather (seems even birds!)

Been thinking about what is the best front door gate to get that gives maximum protection and yet if there were to be fire, people don't get locked in. Any ideas?

Thanks for the welcome

Dear Hello88,

Executed OTP. Awaiting 1st appointment Sept.

Paid 410 for ours. Wondering how much did Bigbird pay for yours. Would you mind sharing ?

Was wondering about whether those roller garage door thind is legal and if they can be made to look nicer.

roller shutters - the big problem most pple face is the long big BOX for the roller(installed above the door).

quite out of the way for most HDB houses.

tampines good price leh.

roller shutters - the big problem most pple face is the long big BOX for the roller(installed above the door).

quite out of the way for most HDB houses.

one unit in my block extended their living room and do away with the balcony then built roof over it. They also installed roller shutters from the high ceiling (outside MBR windows) to the newly built roof. The roller shutters seems to be permanently installed so the MBR is always in darkness :)

I bought mine last year $325K.

Recently I do valuation for the home loan pupose and the value has increase to $370K - base on 148sgm.

5th floor Whampoa area facing PIE.

Good or bad?

I just wish more pics in this thread. :P

Never think about mosquito until you highlighted now. Hmmmmm....

Now think twice. :(

My wife try to growth different type of plant in the balcony.

All fail. Now end up on the recess area. ;)

wow, gone up to $370 liao. U need to do valuation every year for the home loan?

yalor, looking forward to more pics in this thread.

yup, mosquitoes are a concern if u wanna keep water fountain/feature. We even put bleach as recommended by the shop but no use.

how come your plants at the balcony fail? hmm....y not buy those artificial ones if wanna beautify yr house.

Dear all,

Sorry, have been a bit secretive as sale not going as smoothly as I would like. First time buyer and thus very stupid and making lots of mistakes. Did not discover this forum until signing, agreeing to some stupid conditions. Trying to rectify. Location Tampines.

dont worry, we understand. Its still not too late. I also made some mistakes by agreeing to some stupid conditions by the seller (& her agent) eg. signing OTP then do valuation but luckily at the end of the day not too bad. Anyway, I worst than u, cos my reno nearly completing then I found this forum. Lots of stupid mistakes and quarrel with ID too. Haiz, history liao.

Been thinking about what is the best front door gate to get that gives maximum protection and yet if there were to be fire, people don't get locked in. Any ideas?

your unit require fire-rated door? It should have been installed by HDB now if its required.

Thanks for the welcome

I am using scissors gate :) cos we didnt want our gate to look like everyone else's.

Maximum security - nobody can cut thru. not much worries about fire, cos we got the windows on the corridor + balcony + 2ndflr. My whole house is installed with exhaust ventilator(good against smokes). 2 small ones in toilets + 1 big one in kitchen.

Since you are worried on security+ fire, just install any ordinary wrought iron gate will do.

One thing about FIRE-rated door most pple didnt realise is - the door KILLs you instead of helping you.

Cos if your front door area(inside house) burns, the fire rated door will seal itself up....good for those outside the house cos the fire is contained(wont spread smoke + fire) but pple inside leh? You will have to jump out of the window. Some would argue that the fire brigade is very efficient in sg but in most fire cases, 90% of victims got killed by the smoke, not fire burnt. Some paranoids rich pple even go and install on their bedroom doors. God bless them!