Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Now that we're talking about fire-rate doors, I always wonder about those bomb shelters in new HDB flats.

have u guys and gals wonder if its really a bomb shelter :dunno: ? If there's really a bomb being dropped down, is it true that u're the save with your family members if all of u hide inside the bomb shelter? All the bomb shelters from Level 1 to Level 40 for each block wld be the only pillar left standing in the entire estate? Open the door of the bomb shelter and u'll fall off....hahaha......

or what should we do? wait for firemen to rescue us? If there's really a bomb, everyone including firemen wld be dead :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yah, checked the papers this morning...quite a few EMs in Hougang advertising at $460-$500! :dribble: Less than a year ago, there were so many letting go at $330-$340... and I thought opposition ward that's why nobody wants! :dunno:

Yah, checked the papers this morning...quite a few EMs in Hougang advertising at $460-$500! :dribble: Less than a year ago, there were so many letting go at $330-$340... and I thought opposition ward that's why nobody wants! :dunno:

ha, u also got this habit of reading the classifieds? I check it almost everyday especially on Sats ever since I decided to upgrade back in 2005.

Ya, now all going up. Actually not true abt the opposition ward la. In fact, my block got so many diehard fans and die die dun wanna sell as they wanna stay in this ward. Most of them in their 40s and 50s. Scary when u talk to them as they can go on n on.

Edited by hello88

Dear all,

I suppose after looking at recent classifieds, think it is an ok buy because not near MRT but near schools and amenities.

Need major renovations.

I wonder if they have clear roller garage ones. GMC seemed to have a clear one but I could not find out from his blog whether it was a roller one or a permanent fixture. His guy that he recommended had some semi see through but not like his.

Paranoid about not being able to find keys when fire break out etc. Did not think about the windows. Why then worry does HDB worry about fire spread when the windows are not fire proof? Interesting. Does anyone have a fire extinguisher at home?

No. I don't check daily... stopped after we bought our EM...but was just so shocked and curious about the $510k price tag for Hougang EM. Blossom0501 should be really happy. Seems like the asking prices for EMs have just rocketed...but wonder if there are actually any takers and wonder where these people move to after they sell?

Does anyone have a fire extinguisher at home?

i've a small one at home, a gift from my insurance agent. Btw, did all of u buy home insurance? must buy hor cos the fire insurance from HDB cover the 4 walls nia.

I wonder if they have clear roller garage ones. GMC seemed to have a clear one but I could not find out from his blog whether it was a roller one or a permanent fixture. His guy that he recommended had some semi see through but not like his.

Paranoid about not being able to find keys when fire break out etc. Did not think about the windows. Why then worry does HDB worry about fire spread when the windows are not fire proof? Interesting. Does anyone have a fire extinguisher at home?

I thought the roller garage ones are metallic. There are a few in the yellow pages when I inquired. Finally decided against it because I thought the whole place would be very stuffy when rolled down. More for security reasons when you travel overseas frequently, IMHO.

No. I don't check daily... stopped after we bought our EM...but was just so shocked and curious about the $510k price tag for Hougang EM. Blossom0501 should be really happy. Seems like the asking prices for EMs have just rocketed...but wonder if there are actually any takers and wonder where these people move to after they sell?

maybe they downgraded. If i were to buy that EM near Hougang Mall about 10yrs ago, I'll still be making a huge lost cos its sold for 400k the highest. 10 yrs ago, all the EMs were at least going for 450k & above

Now that we're talking about fire-rate doors, I always wonder about those bomb shelters in new HDB flats.

have u guys and gals wonder if its really a bomb shelter :P ? If there's really a bomb being dropped down, is it true that u're the save with your family members if all of u hide inside the bomb shelter? All the bomb shelters from Level 1 to Level 40 for each block wld be the only pillar left standing in the entire estate? Open the door of the bomb shelter and u'll fall off....hahaha......

or what should we do? wait for firemen to rescue us? If there's really a bomb, everyone including firemen wld be dead :D

this is the stupid thing about why this country is focusing on academic results. A person good in his academic studies doesnt always means he got COMMON SENSE. Just look at those in HDB - cats not allowed cos they are NOMADIC animals - they didnt even bother to ask the pros in Mandai Zoo. Or the LTA who once replied to an article in ST forum a few years back, that FOG lights would blind the car driver in front. :unsure:

If osama were to hijack a plane or plant a bomb, what kind of building do you think he would prefer?

a HDB flat? Or the Istana? Or Parliament House? Osama may be crazy, but he is NOT DUMB or IQ zero.

maybe they downgraded. If i were to buy that EM near Hougang Mall about 10yrs ago, I'll still be making a huge lost cos its sold for 400k the highest. 10 yrs ago, all the EMs were at least going for 450k & above

was told EM was hot...especially for 2nd time home owners, now even my colleague is buying a EM.

this is the stupid thing about why this country is focusing on academic results. A person good in his academic studies doesnt always means he got COMMON SENSE. Just look at those in HDB - cats not allowed cos they are NOMADIC animals - they didnt even bother to ask the pros in Mandai Zoo. Or the LTA who once replied to an article in ST forum a few years back, that FOG lights would blind the car driver in front. :unsure:

If osama were to hijack a plane or plant a bomb, what kind of building do you think he would prefer?

a HDB flat? Or the Istana? Or Parliament House? Osama may be crazy, but he is NOT DUMB or IQ zero.

was told EM was hot...especially for 2nd time home owners, now even my colleague is buying a EM.

hahaha..... :P

definitely no COMMON SENSE....just look at my common toilet upstairs :D .

btw, u're a cat lover?

But, even the small flats are quite ex.

ya, just saw classified that one 4 room unit at Blk 18 (more than 30yr old flat) valued at 205k and asking for 285k :D

Edited by hello88

I am a 2nd time buyer too, the only choice for a old 5 rooms timers to get another HDB loan and full filled my novel dream of "dream of the red mansionette" 红楼梦 :furious:

I am a 2nd time buyer too, the only choice for a old 5 rooms timers to get another HDB loan and full filled my novel dream of "dream of the red mansionette" 红楼梦 :furious:

wow 红楼梦....

my hubby n me always wanted to stay in a mais, ten yrs ago too ex and nearly bought one for 480k.....luckily dad said the house not good as front door kena corner edge of the block. Now that we moved in, really no joke wif the housework. Siao liao.

I am a 2nd time buyer too, the only choice for a old 5 rooms timers to get another HDB loan and full filled my novel dream of "dream of the red mansionette" 红楼梦 :fire:

you sure you gonna paint your whole house RED? :furious:

24.gif

you sure you gonna paint your whole house RED? :furious:

24.gif

Actually it is my dream to have an EM but Ah Nei have alot of it red. So I call it Red mansionette as I like the novel too. Till now still retain some of the reds titles