Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

:thumbs up: your 3 toilets already $3k x 3 = $9k liao.

awning $3k+, level balcony $1k+, wiring $2k+ and retile $3k+

things i didnt do -

1) toilets

2) balcony only hack+tile

3) windows(hdb original)

happy renovating :bangwall:

Hi MaCe,

Me lost in reading all the threads and blogs. Can u PM me yr contractor and the works u have done for yr EM? Have to start working out my sums for reno and would like to start to consult contractors for quotes

Me too went to Singapore Expo to look at the packages ... really :bangwall: cut throat .

System 4 aircon - Did anyone install Daikin or Mitsubitshi inverter n non inverter System 4 so far?

Cheers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Big Bird,

We bought near Temasek poly. We saw an EA near where you bought but bought this one now. Our COV came up to 30k. I think we overpaid but everybody seems to be paying COV if purchased mid year onward.

We are also thinking of renovating

kitchen

floors for both levels.

awning for balcony

3 toilets

wiring

soft furnishing

budget about 40k.

:D your 3 toilets already $3k x 3 = $9k liao.

awning $3k+, level balcony $1k+, wiring $2k+ and retile $3k+

things i didnt do -

1) toilets

2) balcony only hack+tile

3) windows(hdb original)

happy renovating :yamseng:

yeah i know. so this is my plan

bathrooms: only put wall tiles in the bath area. The rest of the wall just plaster and paint.

Kitchen: only put wall tiles at the "wet" areas, the rest of the wall just plaster and paint.

hope this will save some $.

bathrooms: only put wall tiles in the bath area. The rest of the wall just plaster and paint.

Kitchen: only put wall tiles at the "wet" areas, the rest of the wall just plaster and paint.

u sure u just wanna do wall tilings for bath area and 'wet' areas? It wld save cost but not advisable to opt out of wall tiles for these areas especially if u dont intend to move, in the near future.

welcome to renotalk!:dancingqueen:

i did 21k - the cheapest so far. :yamseng:

Saw your stainless steel pipe curtain rail at another thread at Applefreak's renoblog. :) Really creative! :)

Considered this option too. Was happily telling my MIL that nowaday the fashion is not to get wall tiles for kitchen...but :jawdrop: after reading of a few cases where the paint and plaster didn't stick, I changed my mind. Besides, plastering is not cheap.

Hi MaCe,

Me lost in reading all the threads and blogs. Can u PM me yr contractor and the works u have done for yr EM? Have to start working out my sums for reno and would like to start to consult contractors for quotes

Me too went to Singapore Expo to look at the packages ... really :jawdrop: cut throat .

Cheers.

done!.

ha! you cant even see hobee's advertisements, nor in exhibitions. His customers are 100% intro by ex-customer - this is how good his reputation is.

he was the 4th contractor we met, only upon meeting him then we realised that the previous 3 contractors has SO MUCH HIDDEN COST!:jawdrop:

Saw your stainless steel pipe curtain rail at another thread at Applefreak's renoblog. :unsure: Really creative! :good:

cheap n decent + practical is what i always believe in.

i mean if i were to spend 50 or 60k on reno, only then i dont spending a few k on curtains.

hmm... think this way cant really cut much cost. and end up half here half there, hope you dont mind me saying this. I have been thru this cost cutting stage and what all the contractors have suggested is that either you touch it or dont touch at all (toilets).

the only way you can save is cement screeding without hacking for kitchen but lots of problems might arise in future.

Epoxy painting for toilet (around 1k per toilet). look for poh chin(david) to get a quote.

Hello88, just realised my floor area is only 146 sqm.

Looked up the HDB resale transaction website and found out that the resale prices of EM in Hougang Ave 2 are all below $400k. Think the one who paid $600k didn't do his homework.

Looked up the HDB resale transaction website and found out that the resale prices of EM in Hougang Ave 2 are all below $400k. Think the one who paid $600k didn't do his homework.

some pple just too rich...dont care simi market rate....

Hello88, just realised my floor area is only 146 sqm.

think the 601k just sold so the resale transaction not updated yet

some pple just too rich...dont care simi market rate....

yalor, many rich ppl around. Just too bad that one can only buy one HDB flat otherwise many wld buy more since property tax so much cheaper for HDB flats.

Edited by hello88

the 601k unit is a HUDC. most of the HUDC units are done up pretty nicely at HG Ave 2, esp. the ground floor units - carpark lots just in front of the balcony area, BBQ stand, flower pots, it's as good as having a PES, but no need to pay :P

Also saw a high floor HUDC unit for sale on the papers - valuation at 500k, no asking yet as unit is tentatively put on hold. Think the 601k buyer is probably shooting for another en-bloc sale e.g. Minton Rise.

the 601k unit is a HUDC. most of the HUDC units are done up pretty nicely at HG Ave 2, esp. the ground floor units - carpark lots just in front of the balcony area, BBQ stand, flower pots, it's as good as having a PES, but no need to pay :yamseng:

Also saw a high floor HUDC unit for sale on the papers - valuation at 500k, no asking yet as unit is tentatively put on hold. Think the 601k buyer is probably shooting for another en-bloc sale e.g. Minton Rise.

yup, it is a HUDC. Just few months ago, some were going as low as 280k

hey hi i stay in an EM at woodlands....144sqm....:P plannin to do some minor reno to the place cos the last renovation was done 9 years ago when my family and I moved in....nice to know you all here :(

hey hi i stay in an EM at woodlands....144sqm....:P plannin to do some minor reno to the place cos the last renovation was done 9 years ago when my family and I moved in....nice to know you all here :(

wow, 9 yrs ago. Welcome to EM thread. So what minor reno are u considering?