Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Went sourcing for aircon today but stiil cant make up my mind.Anyone using LG non-inverter aircon?Was quote sys 3 $1800+ for everything include installation.No hidden cost and unlimited piping?Izzit expensive

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hello there.. I am the new kid on the block.. My EM is at sernagoon north. 25k Above evluation... waiting for 1st apooint at Sep 07. Conidtion of the flat. very ugly.. need to build toilet downstair as mum and kids need it. Hopefully can spend around $30k for renovation. I have this ugly layout that the WC stuck at the end in the upstair common toilet. So lousy deisgn, the person design this need to be caned

Hi WelcomeHome,

welcome to the EM thread!

My EM is also in serangoon nth too, mine is ave 1. I got it at valuation and quite high floor. House still under reno...ETA end Aug...

:jawdrop:

Hi WelcomeHome,

My EM is also in serangoon nth too, mine is ave 1. I got it at valuation and quite high floor. House still under reno...ETA end Aug...

:jawdrop:

wow, looks like Hougang & Serangoon (North) got more EM Kakis !! but Tampines also catching up.

So far, we have myself, MaCe, Blossom0501 & mitoev91 in Hougang.

houseofluf, WelcomeHome, Homeowner & BhongNCorrine over in Serangoon. Not sure whether Homeowner & BhongNCorrine over in Serangoon North or Serangoon Central.

bigbird, fishpond & arknuss over in Tampines.

anyway, regardless of which estates, we are all EM Kakis in SINGAPORE :)

quickly, go 'jio' more EM owners over

Edited by hello88

Yep, my place at Jalan Rajah :D

For a moment I also have the same thinking as you. HAHAHAHAHAHA :notti:

MACE, how about your pic from Balcony? Time to share :D

OH OH.......its 12 midnight "HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYBODY!:notti:!" :dancingqueen:

pic from balcony can only see playground lah..... :D

Hi WelcomeHome,

:yamseng:

Hi houseoffluf,

Is yours at the top floor? We went up to top floor saw a unit near the corner under renovation...

Are you the o ne? Is yes ;) , then we are at the samew block.. Ha ha

welcome!

U need to re-do all the floorings? Serangoon North also same layout? Homeowner having different layout leh. Urs near to Yio Chu Kang Chapel ar?

your layout exactly like mine....really boh tahan the architect who did such lousy design. Just like those who have the squarish balcony whereby the rubbish chute is nearest to the window and not in the kitchen. The architects deserved to be kick in the ***.

I done up my shower area nearest to the door ie wet (shower), dry (sink), dry (wc) configuration and now I'm regretting. I should have done it dry (sink), wet (shower), dry (wc) instead but during that time, didnt like the idea of dry, wet, dry configuration.

must kena TOTO then I wanna re-renovate my place

Hi Hello88,

I am thinking of wet (shower), dry (sink), dry (wc) configuration, why is it that this is not good? Can Advise.Thank you...

Went sourcing for aircon today but stiil cant make up my mind.Anyone using LG non-inverter aircon?Was quote sys 3 $1800+ for everything include installation.No hidden cost and unlimited piping?Izzit expensive

In Feb/Mar, the cheapest quote I got for LG non-inverter aircon was from Hong Huat was $1549+$180 (I think) for staineless steel brakcets. But, I chickened out 'cos there were quite a few negative reports about LG Artcool. Most of the forumers then went for Mit. Starmex and I went with the herd thinking that there was safety in numbers.

pic from balcony can only see playground lah..... :yamseng:

Mine, too. Playground and a little park with trees and herb garden.

Living and dinning area marble flooring and three bedroom ceramic tiles still in very good condition.Btw i bought $320+k

Me first time buyer somemore got 30k grant :bangwall:

My side starting soon and my block is walkup block so the lift serving only 3rd floor and six or seven units

Wow. You got a really good buy ;) + $30k grant some more...sure won't lose money :bangwall:. Condition sounds similar to mine. PAP got upgrading somemore...Not to say, Hammer won't get, but have to wait a little longer.

Hi Hello88,

I am thinking of wet (shower), dry (sink), dry (wc) configuration, why is it that this is not good? Can Advise.Thank you...

I shifted the doorway further out to in line with the exterior wall (see pic below). Why I regretted it ar? I think personal perference changed lor. I rather have a dry floor to go in just to wash my hands and brush my teeth. Anyway, I'm the only one complaining and I'm not even the one using the toilet. Hahaha.....my kids and my parents are ok with it.

Btw, one of my neighbours in the same block converted the bedroom nearest to the common loo into a MBR. This is one of the option. Hmm.....if I were to do that, then I cld seal up the doorway for the common loo and make that into the shower area and entrance to the common loo (new MBR loo) wld be via the bedroom but then boh $.

commonloo2.jpgcommonloo1.jpgcommonloo.jpg

Me planning to get the Mit inverter system 4 too...seems that the only way I can install 4 units is to get the inverter..otherwise not enough power..still waiting for quote..How much you paid for yours?

My block electricity capacity do not upgrade yet, that why only Mitsubishi(Toshiba) system 4 can be installed, I however I did re-wiring and ask contractor to installed 20AMP idolater in Baclony(out door). Paid for Gaincity S$3800 with 2 times install.

wow, u installed Mit inverter system 4. So what's the electrical loading for your block? Already upgraded?

what's the BTU configuration for your 4 units?

40AMP if I am not wrong, not upgrade yet.

I shifted the doorway further out to in line with the exterior wall (see pic below). Why I regretted it ar? I think personal perference changed lor. I rather have a dry floor to go in just to wash my hands and brush my teeth. Anyway, I'm the only one complaining and I'm not even the one using the toilet. Hahaha.....my kids and my parents are ok with it.

Btw, one of my neighbours in the same block converted the bedroom nearest to the common loo into a MBR. This is one of the option. Hmm.....if I were to do that, then I cld seal up the doorway for the common loo and make that into the shower area and entrance to the common loo (new MBR loo) wld be via the bedroom but then boh $.

oic. Wow you really have nice toilet.

I also think of changing the common toilet into a new MBR. But the other room will not have the toilet, cost $$ :dunno:

plus might be selling the EM in a few year time if the price goes rocket high.. downgrade to a 4 room to get more $$$$

oic. Wow you really have nice toilet.

I also think of changing the common toilet into a new MBR. But the other room will not have the toilet, cost $$ :dunno:

plus might be selling the EM in a few year time if the price goes rocket high.. downgrade to a 4 room to get more $$$$

ya, one of the option is to change the bedroom nearest to common loo into MBR and then change the doorway for the existing MBR toilet to face the stairs. But all these options involve alot of $$$ . Since u have intention to stay only few years then make do with existing layouts.

The tiles are ok but the stupid ID did fixed window louvers for me so I cant open my toilet windows. Wonder how much it cost to redo the windows inside MBR and common loo?

I was installed LG non-inverter in my old flat twice. Frirst time, called GoldStar installed in 1995(very solid and no maintenance abt 11 years) and replaced LG in year 2006. I found LG quality not good as GoldStar the room unit nose a bit because its plastic components not match properly. So I went to Mitsubishi system 4(inverter one) for my EM renovation.

Hello, u got a nice toilet.

My toilet is still half done. I also have black and white for my common toilet upstairs.

The reno guys r going to do up the piping and fittings today.

Got some before and mid reno pics ...BUT how to upload???

Some advice needed: My electician quoted me $2100 to change like 70% of the wiring. Is it reasonable??? Seems like v expensive leh :dunno:

Edited by tinkle

Hello, u got a nice toilet.

My toilet is still half done. I also have black and white for my common toilet upstairs.

The reno guys r going to do up the piping and fittings today.

Got some before and mid reno pics ...BUT how to upload???

Some advice needed: My electician quoted me $2100 to change like 70% of the wiring. Is it reasonable??? Seems like v expensive leh :dunno:

u can use photobucket to upload the pics. Very easy one. Hmm.....does sound ex leh cos only 70%.