Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hey hey WelcomeHome,

Was just reading up on what I missed on this thread and realised that we'll be neighbours! I'm at block 142, the block of walk-up EMs just beside yours!

My place looks as retro as yours but am gonna change all that soon. ;-)

hi Tristesse,

wow l really envy you. My budget is $30k plus so only the minimium. Flooring, kicthen cabinet, electrical wiring, painting and plastering whole house.

You just got your house or have been staying there for quit some time and wanted to change it?

I am a newbie there, Wanted to stay closer to my relative.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi Tristesse,

wow l really envy you. My budget is $30k plus so only the minimium. Flooring, kicthen cabinet, electrical wiring, painting and plastering whole house.

You just got your house or have been staying there for quit some time and wanted to change it?

how much for plastering alone ah? i didnt request for it - cos I know for 4room already $1600+ :unsure:

Hi bro & sis,

Have moved in for couple of mths and wanna shared with you the pics for my new house. See below for the link

iD8B67840-B9DF-4128-B576-7C94B9047766.jpg

i56EF84CA-746F-4CC9-BE46-563E7BD17685.jpg

i55DA9E62-3B81-49C7-8FBE-25ED3B8638FF.jpg

iAFE20665-297A-49FC-875A-5B823D624FF5.jpg

iD09C4DA6-AACB-4AEA-A7BD-4186BDB31E9A.jpg

rx error saying that i have posted more images than i am allowed to. more to come.

Pls comment.

iB7518DB5-43F1-49E2-9B25-81C304BF87F4.jpg

i7DF070E0-3804-4C47-B00E-71D164A75E90.jpg

iE2D06BE1-D77A-4205-BE97-8CC45CD82FD7.jpg

i5821BC26-CFA6-4CD4-B79F-C662ED314F59.jpg

i77E393F1-29EE-4FD0-9154-39B22DE95BF1.jpg

i37360EB0-EFE7-426A-B97F-D9B27DD23928.jpg

i1F33E90A-4EA4-4DFF-A868-FEC60800264D.jpg

iE6C0032C-806F-435F-AFDD-56890AC9DA67.jpg

i7BE3FEB6-95C4-4704-BD7B-7758C2973B91.jpg

i00A7C61A-A1EB-470E-88B3-6BB1144667B2.jpg

i7DF070E0-3804-4C47-B00E-71D164A75E90.jpg

iF635511A-E069-4837-AD53-342BFF4F0E44.jpg

i7BE3FEB6-95C4-4704-BD7B-7758C2973B91.jpg

iC1D9767A-2D72-495C-B248-ECBC1A0A0A2A.jpg

how much for plastering alone ah? i didnt request for it - cos I know for 4room already $1600+ :deal:

Not sure, have not get the final quote yet. budgetting around $3k. cause the previous owner stone spray the whole house including ceiling. So Ugly and they never paint for more than ten years. the walls are so ugly and black.

Big bird, Wow :notti: your house is so beautiful. how i wish i have the budge to make to renovate.

Not sure, have not get the final quote yet. budgetting around $3k. cause the previous owner stone spray the whole house including ceiling. So Ugly and they never paint for more than ten years. the walls are so ugly and black.

Big bird, Wow :deal: your house is so beautiful. how i wish i have the budge to make to renovate.

Plastering + painting shld be ard 3 - 3.5K. My house also have this ugly stone spraying, but luckily, they didn't do it for the ceiling :-)

My house ok lah, juz some simple renovation, but come to talk abt it, nowadays reno is really ex....

Hi bro & sis,

Have moved in for couple of mths and wanna shared with you the pics for my new house. See below for the link

rx error saying that i have posted more images than i am allowed to. more to come.

Pls comment.

[

Hello, BigBird

Nice renovation, your floor plan same as my, but you are in corner unit, and can change store room to study room. your MBD's wardrobe color/patten simillar as mine, i did not use class panel. Your marble floor is very nice.

Edited by jackbatok

Plastering + painting shld be ard 3 - 3.5K. My house also have this ugly stone spraying, but luckily, they didn't do it for the ceiling :-)

my house too many uneven surface....but realli bo lui to plaster - $3k!:sport-smiley-004::jawdrop:

Hello, BigBird

Nice renovation, your floor plan same as my, but you are in corner unit, and can change store room to study room. your MBD's wardrobe color/patten simillar as mine, i did not use class panel. Your marble floor is very nice.

hi Big bird and jackbatok,

how much is your wardrobe?

how much pfr? I saw some of the already made wardrobe , thinking of buying those. cheaper

Big Bird

Great job there. :sport-smiley-004: Your floor plan is exactly the same as mine.

Would you mind sharing how much you spent on your reno. and in detail, the cabinets in the living room, please? Saw that you covered up the pipes in the upstairs common bathroom, too. Can the pipes be accessed (i.e. are there doors that can be opened)?

Hello, BigBird

Thks for the compliment. I actually tear down the store room wall and put up the glass sliding door :P The marble flooring was left over by the previous owner. I like it too, though it can be consider old fashion for today taste. But neva mind, can save quite a sum by merely polishing it :yamseng:

my house too many uneven surface....but realli bo lui to plaster - $3k!:sport-smiley-004::jawdrop:

Just went thru the quotation again, the plastering + painting is actually > 4K :(

how much pfr? I saw some of the already made wardrobe , thinking of buying those. cheaper

My wardrobe cost 220 psf. It uses the Alumix sliding door (the one that sponsor the recent channel 8 series, the one that talked about our army....)

Big Bird

Great job there. :P Your floor plan is exactly the same as mine.

Would you mind sharing how much you spent on your reno. and in detail, the cabinets in the living room, please? Saw that you covered up the pipes in the upstairs common bathroom, too. Can the pipes be accessed (i.e. are there doors that can be opened)?

My reno cost me $38K. The cabinet in the living rm cost me $2070. Yup, the pipes can be accessed cos the doors can be opened. I have initially thot of boxing up for the mbr toilet as well, but gave up the idea cos is not feasible due to the weird shape of the piping and will make your toilet looks very small

Big bird,

yr house looks nice and cosy.

How much did the sliding door wardrobe cost? i am thinking of installing one for my MBR.

Homeowner,

I remember that u mentioned that Seng kwong did the cabinets for your rooms. How's the workmanship?

I am thinking of using them cos i think they r cheaper than Alumix. I want to make one with only the outer frame and frosted glass doors.

Edited by tinkle

Hi WelcomeHome

the cost of wardrobe in MBR is 1920($240/pf abt 8ft), and I bought one 4 door cabinet abt $400 for common room. Cutomised is more expensve. BigBird's wardrobe price lower .

Thks for the compliment. I actually tear down the store room wall and put up the glass sliding door :( The marble flooring was left over by the previous owner. I like it too, though it can be consider old fashion for today taste. But neva mind, can save quite a sum by merely polishing it :jawdrop:

Just went thru the quotation again, the plastering + painting is actually > 4K :good:

My wardrobe cost 220 psf. It uses the Alumix sliding door (the one that sponsor the recent channel 8 series, the one that talked about our army....)

My reno cost me $38K. The cabinet in the living rm cost me $2070. Yup, the pipes can be accessed cos the doors can be opened. I have initially thot of boxing up for the mbr toilet as well, but gave up the idea cos is not feasible due to the weird shape of the piping and will make your toilet looks very small

Hi, BigBird

Did the roof of Balcony build in recent reno or pre-owner already built?

Hi, BigBird

Did the roof of Balcony build in recent reno or pre-owner already built?

Hi,

Both balcony and recess area roof were built by pre-owner :jawdrop: That's also one of the reason i bought it, cos i heard roof can cost you a bomb

Big bird,

yr house looks nice and cosy.

How much did the sliding door wardrobe cost? i am thinking of installing one for my MBR.

thks for the compliment. the sliding wardrobe cost me $1760 at 220psf

hi WelcomeHome,

My husband and I purchased our home in March/April this year (before the market started heating up). We're only starting reno end this month tho - had to save up $! We're planning to stay for good till we're old and can no longer manage the stairs or till HDB evicts us (hopefully our area will never get earmarked for SERS), hence would like to get everything done together.

The full works includes - wetworks, hacking (gonna hack a window opening into the kitchen as well as the wall separating the kitchen and the living), electrical re-wiring, painting, roofing, windows, carpentry (kitchen cabinets, 2 wardrobes, 2 bookshelves). Our reno will prolly cost $40k! We decided to skip the ID cos we have a very clear idea about what we want and managed to save a bit on that.

When're you planning to embark on your reno?

hi Tristesse,

Hi,

Both balcony and recess area roof were built by pre-owner :jawdrop: That's also one of the reason i bought it, cos i heard roof can cost you a bomb

thks for the compliment. the sliding wardrobe cost me $1760 at 220psf

Hi bigbird,

Lovely house you've got there.

Lucky you - having the luck to purchase a unit with a roof! I'm planning to have one done at my balcony and it's gonna cost abt $1.8k. Not really a bomb, but still! ;-)

hi WelcomeHome,

When're you planning to embark on your reno?

after the completion date , most probably in early Nov.

It is quite a full list. Good for you to manage to get the work within the 40k.

My flooring (upper and lower floor) alone cost $10k plus. Constructing a new toilet downstair. overlay kitchen titles. top hanged kitchen cabinet, plastering, painting, electrical rewiring. Work is very minimium but not the price. Whole house to renovate like big bird or Hello88. Wow I think i need to strike 4D or TOTO.

I have to move out of my exisiting house by end of the year. So cannot afford any down time.