Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Nice. Did you do a shower seat for the master bathroom? There appears to be some kind of counter linked to the sink. Pity about the chute in the living room though. Very red kitchen - very yang :dunno:

Yap, it's a counter that is linked to the sink, on top of the bathtub. Built by previous owner ... i didnt hack that.

i was really shocked for words when i realised the chute is in the living room!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
nice reno :dunno: I like your bathroom tiles....really a touching point for visitors/guests. Is it a glass panel on the tower cabinet on the left of your kitchen? yr kitchen cabinet is red & light blue or red & metallic ?Previous owner already extended living room into the original balcony so where wld your washer be?

ya, my utility window is actually facing the wall and not the corridor.

hmm....did u re-do the rooms' laminates? pls enlighten on how do u service them? Ur reno is 30K?

Yap, the original living room was extended to the utility area.

No, the glass panel is at the kitchen entrance... cabinet was red and silver... was a bit disappointed with the silver cos it's not metallic enough. Aiyo...paiseh for the poor lighting ...was a bit bad cos our lights r not up yet and i had to rely on 1 light left by the contractor.

Reno initital cost is $26k. Laminates fr Power Dekor costs me another $1.7k. Plus thinking of doing a frosted glass shell wh will cost $1.6k. Staircase carpet another $650, so total is estimated to be ard $30k. But that excudes electrical wiring.

Yap, i just started reno for the room floor using Power Dekor laminate. I chose that bec it is the only laminate that comes with antibacterial function. Sorry, What do u mean how to service them? u mean how to maintain? Was told it is ok to use a normal mop to mop. Anyway, it comes with lifetime warranty so i assume it wont give way too easily.

Yap, i just started reno for the room floor using Power Dekor laminate. I chose that bec it is the only laminate that comes with antibacterial function. Sorry, What do u mean how to service them? u mean how to maintain? Was told it is ok to use a normal mop to mop. Anyway, it comes with lifetime warranty so i assume it wont give way too easily.

oops, my post Posted Aug 31 2007, 11:09 PM was referring to bigbird's post cos he mentioned about servicing the laminates.

QUOTE(bigbird @ Aug 31 2007, 03:37 PM)

actually previous owner done up both roof for the balcony and recess area, + the living rm marble floor + laminating floor for 3 rms (except I need to service them cos I remove the fixture desk, dressing table which left lobang on the laminating floor)

You mean that the dents on the laminate can be serviced away?

me also wandering how Bigbird did the servicing for the laminates left by previous owner :jawdrop:

Hello everyone,

What happened was the existing owner actually built the dressing table, study desk and a wardrobe before he deicded to lay laminated flooring. Therefore, when I remove the dressing table etc..., there are lobangs which required to patch up. So, these few lobangs will patch up with similar laminating flooring. :dunno:

As for maintenance, my contractor who did the parquet flooring for me said that the best way is to dry mop using only water (same thing apply for parquet). If u feel that the floor is sticky (maybe every 1mth), u may use those traditional floor detergent (eg. Kiwi Kleenx, wonder i spelled correctly :deal: ) Till date, I had followed his advise, so far so good :P

BTW, my reno cost me close to 40K

Thanks, Bigbird.

My previous place had laminated flooring. After we moved out the furniture, we noticed dents left behind by the furniture legs and different colours on parts exposed and parts covered by furniture. I guess these cannot be serviced away.

Reno initital cost is $26k. Laminates fr Power Dekor costs me another $1.7k. Plus thinking of doing a frosted glass shell wh will cost $1.6k. Staircase carpet another $650, so total is estimated to be ard $30k. But that excudes electrical wiring.

Wahh...your reno quite cheap leh..mine's almost double of yours.. :D

Maybe really spent too much..my 3 toilets and kitchen cost me 22k already.. :thumbs up:

Wahh...your reno quite cheap leh..mine's almost double of yours.. :help:

Maybe really spent too much..my 3 toilets and kitchen cost me 22k already.. :P

Cos your kitchen is v big. mine is only half yours....

and your reno got lots of carpentry. Carpentry is expensive.

Aiyo we can't do more liao... else gotta eat grass everyday :jawdrop:

Wahh...your reno quite cheap leh..mine's almost double of yours.. :P

Maybe really spent too much..my 3 toilets and kitchen cost me 22k already.. :jawdrop:

yalor - 3 toilets oready 10k+ plus kitchen another 12k+(hacktile,cabinets)...hmm kitchen abit exp.

I've been eating grass for a long time :dancingqueen: after moving into this house.

now agent like **** desperate. Yesterday, saw got agent pasted flyer on every floor asking if anyone selling house as got 2 potential buyer willing to pay high cash. Agent willing to take 0.5% commission nia. Sound good hor but maybe just a sales gimmick.

I've been eating grass for a long time !! after moving into this house.

now agent like **** desperate. Yesterday, saw got agent pasted flyer on every floor asking if anyone selling house as got 2 potential buyer willing to pay high cash. Agent willing to take 0.5% commission nia. Sound good hor but maybe just a sales gimmick.

Ya lor. One year ago I view an old EM, could only value at 345K but I turn down as it is too old. Yesterday I see the HDB transaction site and that house is sold at 383K!

After one year later the price go up 50K! SO I can considered EM is still quite hot in the market.

Old and 2nd floor unit selling waiting to sell for than a year still can fetch a good price. I think we have made the right inverstment choice in the asset. cheers! :dancingqueen: