Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Think the 700 - 800k one is those 'penthouse' with gardens..only 4 or 8 units in Bishan.. :bleah:

No leh, I read it is the same type of double storey Em that looks like ours. Too bad, must tan ku ku then price go back. :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Think the 700 - 800k one is those 'penthouse' with gardens..only 4 or 8 units in Bishan.. :bleah:

simi garden? enclosed or open field machiam those in hougang area....groundflr EMs - in front BIG BIG grass field turned into personal garden.

ya, some Bishan EM have those open-concept gardens. i.e the so called squarish balcony whereby its accessible via living room as well as kitchen. U can sun tan as well as sit in the rain type.

simi garden? enclosed or open field machiam those in hougang area....groundflr EMs - in front BIG BIG grass field turned into personal garden.

It's actually the top 4 corner units of those really tall flats in Bishan (can't remember which block liao..but if you drive around bishan sure can see..)

No leh, I read it is the same type of double storey Em that looks like ours. Too bad, must tan ku ku then price go back. :wub:

Aiyoh...who on earth pay so much for it??

ya, some Bishan EM have those open-concept gardens. i.e the so called squarish balcony whereby its accessible via living room as well as kitchen. U can sun tan as well as sit in the rain type.

then i think i prefer those groundflr EM with a HUGE UNLIMITED-space garden in front whahahahha. some even put garden chairs/tables.

i saw an ad of such EM at bishan for sale and the owner is asking $810K in today's classified...scary..this owner must have bought during the peak in 96...

yahh i also like the ground floor EMs where you can have your own garden..hee how i wish i can move to one of those ground floor EMs at Sunset Way (in clementi) but prices there are super high too..

i saw an ad of such EM at bishan for sale and the owner is asking $810K in today's classified...scary..this owner must have bought during the peak in 96...

yahh i also like the ground floor EMs where you can have your own garden..hee how i wish i can move to one of those ground floor EMs at Sunset Way (in clementi) but prices there are super high too..

hougang have also....but seems NOBODY is selling.

hougang have also....but seems NOBODY is selling.

ya, i think not many wanna sell cos they like the space...machiam like their own private property. Hmmm....I've even seen one of the groundfloor unit near my block organising BBQ during X'mas :bangwall: Dont think we can BBQ at HDB flats that's y Town Council wants us to book those designated BBQ pit in the estate. Anyway, just dont be caught and pray hard that no complaints.

I suppose some people will go all the way out to pay for a flat they like.

Just pray that yours is something these pp would pay to have.

I know someone who had just signed an OTP to purchase a 30 yr old 5 rm HDB flat with sea view in Marine parade for more than 700k.

Wah , can buy 2 EMs already with 810K..

:thumbs up:

That day go to Toa Payoh hub looking at the exhibition of re-making your home. Passing by the SER 79 block at the central. Amaze by the 40th storey hight view and the interim mid floor garden.

Then think of my Em, for the Home improvement scheme, so difficult to have lift upgrade...20 years liao.. Might as well have a SER for Em.

So my suggestion in the feedback is to have SER for the low people to land plot ratio EM and hope HDB will build a 40th storey EM, then....... Wishes only.... hope they will consider.

Forumers, do you think our EM should support SER?

That day go to Toa Payoh hub looking at the exhibition of re-making your home. Passing by the SER 79 block at the central. Amaze by the 40th storey hight view and the interim mid floor garden.

Then think of my Em, for the Home improvement scheme, so difficult to have lift upgrade...20 years liao.. Might as well have a SER for Em.

So my suggestion in the feedback is to have SER for the low people to land plot ratio EM and hope HDB will build a 40th storey EM, then....... Wishes only.... hope they will consider.

Forumers, do you think our EM should support SER?

ya, cos EM dun really need any upgrading. But i cant imagine staying in newer flats where there's no rubbish chute.

Dear all EM owners,

Will be getting key late October and have been getting rough quotes from IDs. At least 60 K for EMs. Is that true? Wondering if still able to engage a contractor and not supervise as working full time.

I noticed that some EMs like tinkle, homeowner and kreez talks about 30-40 K range. Is that last year's prices? or we do seriously have to hire contractors and work part time. May end up saving more money.

Dear all EM owners,

Will be getting key late October and have been getting rough quotes from IDs. At least 60 K for EMs. Is that true? Wondering if still able to engage a contractor and not supervise as working full time.

I noticed that some EMs like tinkle, homeowner and kreez talks about 30-40 K range. Is that last year's prices? or we do seriously have to hire contractors and work part time. May end up saving more money.

If you're on a budget and know exactly what you want in terms of design and decor, you can save loads by hiring a contractor instead of going to an ID firm. I'm embarking on my reno in the next 2 weeks and will be shelling out abt $40k for the total overhaul, including roofing works, by going to a contractor.

If you hire a main contractor, you can leave it to the project manager to supervise the works - you'll only need to undertake the supervision yourself should you decide to approach individual sub-contractors for the respective works (this might save you a bit but it will definitely be a stressful experience co-ordinating!).

Appointing a main contractor is similar to appointing an ID really - the only diff is your expectations of the design and concept. Having said that, not all IDs may be able to deliver fantastic concepts, and sometimes fantastic concepts sacrifice aesthetics for functionality. Oh well - just my two cents. At the end of the day, it's about what you're comfortable with (and what your pocket is comfortable with).

My husband and I initially were thinking of going to an ID firm, but we decided by saving on that, we could get more items on our wish list done. It was also an exciting process for us (despite the numerous disagreement s), deciding together exactly what to do with our place.

Good luck!