Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wat do you mean by Veneer material?Bought my TV for only $99 but usual price $199 cos the $99 model sold out then i went down and choose this $199 without topping up. :jawdrop:

just dont ever buy wood veneer....super duper lousy. hmm....where u bought yr TV console from? 5ft? Gotta pay delivery charges right?

My floor layout plan :unsure:

anyone has the same toilet layout ?

same layout as mine....and I just hate the stupid common toilet layout :good:

colouredfloorplan.jpg

Edited by hello88

after scouting for a new hse with my bf for so long, we have decided to buy over my dad's hse (which i am currently staying)...a major reno will be required as i hate the type of marble that's used as the flooring currently. A qns, wad do u do with a balcony (beside the kitchen) which is squarish besides putting in a washing machine and hanging clothes?Its rather big though

after scouting for a new hse with my bf for so long, we have decided to buy over my dad's hse (which i am currently staying)...a major reno will be required as i hate the type of marble that's used as the flooring currently. A qns, wad do u do with a balcony (beside the kitchen) which is squarish besides putting in a washing machine and hanging clothes?Its rather big though

It is my outdoor activities area with my kids. I place a bath tub for them to have water playing, yesterday I had the lantern festival there, admiring the moon,....icon12.gif lighting candles ..

congrats. So where's your new (oops, daddy's) EM? oh, its kind of wasted to hack away the marble. Here's some of ideas for utilising the squarish balcony that I've seen:-

1. Served as dining area

2. coffee cum relaxation corner

3. putting water feature/fountain

4. basically a huge laundry area equipped with washer, dryer

5. putting potted plants in the balcony

nevertheless, i think 90% of those I know used it as a huge yard for laundry purposes :dunno:

It is my outdoor activities area with my kids. I place a bath tub for them to have water playing, yesterday I had the lantern festival there, admiring the moon,....icon12.gif lighting candles ..

:yamseng:

not too sure if ur layout is like this but here is what i have drawn for a fellow member of this forum using google sketch. A hobby of mine,.. soon to turn obsession. HEEHEE :yamseng:

MariaEM1.jpg

MariaEMbalconydining.jpg

Edited by Junkay

not too sure if ur layout is like this but here is what i have drawn for a fellow member of this forum using google sketch. A hobby of mine,.. soon to turn obsession. HEEHEE :yamseng:

wow your hobby very pro leh :dunno: . Most EM are some what like the 2 floorplan layouts on the previous page.

just dont ever buy wood veneer....super duper lousy. hmm....where u bought yr TV console from? 5ft? Gotta pay delivery charges right?

same layout as mine....and I just hate the stupid common toilet layout :P

colouredfloorplan.jpg

Hi Hello88,

Ur layout similar as mind, except for the 2nd flr common toilet, where your toilet bowl situated right at the end of the toilet which make it diff to built shower screen. Another question, does your lower floor come with toilet?

Hi Hello88,

Ur layout similar as mind, except for the 2nd flr common toilet, where your toilet bowl situated right at the end of the toilet which make it diff to built shower screen. Another question, does your lower floor come with toilet?

ya, that's y I always said I HATE the bloody common loo upstairs. Hate it since day 1 and wld continue to hate it for as long as I stay in this EM.

Seller didnt convert the wash area so I had to get contractor to create the P-trap sewage pipes to convert it into a toilet downstairs.

Then i must be lucky cos mine is a toilet. :dunno:

ya. The only thing lucky is I bought the unit below valuation. But I got no marble or parquet flooring...just a very old, 20 yr old renovation left by seller.

congrats. So where's your new (oops, daddy's) EM? oh, its kind of wasted to hack away the marble. Here's some of ideas for utilising the squarish balcony that I've seen:-

1. Served as dining area

2. coffee cum relaxation corner

3. putting water feature/fountain

4. basically a huge laundry area equipped with washer, dryer

5. putting potted plants in the balcony

nevertheless, i think 90% of those I know used it as a huge yard for laundry purposes ;)

:)

heh tks ya though i m half hearted abt buying over this EM..long story but its at kim keat ave...at toa payoh area...146sqm i think

the marble flooring has been there for 18yrs,dun really like the design n color tats why...even though my dad nag and nag,trying to delay my renovation "do it after CNY, nw sand so expensive!"..arghhh

actually cant think of anythin i can do wth the balcony if the washing machine is gg to be there...putting a dining table will be real odd and theres a big pipe at the side, and also to hang clothes...wont be putting water feature cos that be like "fengshui" and my dad hates it!

junkay,that's too pro!now i wana google it..=)

Where got pro? I am trying to find out what the real IDs use as their software. You can always box up the pipe in the balcony and use it as a cupboard for your sweepers and moppers but... hey man go with your heart cos thats where the home is.

I dont really know what the marble looks like but if its there for 18 years, it should be those mosaic/flower flower types. If you wish to keep it, your ID should be able to incorporate it into your theme or fuse with it. Another way is if the marble is the first layer, you can always not hack it but overlay it. If you put laminates (nowadays laminates are much better looking and i suspect more durable than HDB parquet), you can always take them out if you decide to sell the flat after 15 to 20 years? If you decide to stay there forever, then who cares whats underneath them. Just my 2 cents.

Why is it that sand after new year will be cheaper? I wonder if you can go to batam and order sand or not as a pte consumer basis :dunno: hahah