Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Where got pro? I am trying to find out what the real IDs use as their software. You can always box up the pipe in the balcony and use it as a cupboard for your sweepers and moppers but... hey man go with your heart cos thats where the home is.

I dont really know what the marble looks like but if its there for 18 years, it should be those mosaic/flower flower types. If you wish to keep it, your ID should be able to incorporate it into your theme or fuse with it. Another way is if the marble is the first layer, you can always not hack it but overlay it. If you put laminates (nowadays laminates are much better looking and i suspect more durable than HDB parquet), you can always take them out if you decide to sell the flat after 15 to 20 years? If you decide to stay there forever, then who cares whats underneath them. Just my 2 cents.

Why is it that sand after new year will be cheaper? I wonder if you can go to batam and order sand or not as a pte consumer basis :drunk: hahah

my dad keeps washing the balcony cos my dog eats his food there and its all over the place so repetitively if the boxed up area is being washed, afraid it might "erode"...hehe

the marble is not the mosaic/flower types, hmm its whitish with grey-ish lines running over it...nt sure if u knw wad i mean... laminates cant,my dad wont agree (hard to maintain also - seems like my dad is the one ruling the place but cant do anything abt it).. below are the changes that i have thought, not sure if 25k is enuff..

1)hack the MBR floor and convert to parquet (might do the same for study room)

2)customised MBR wardrobe

3)hack the MBR toilet flooring and tiles; box up the ugly looking pipe; creating a cabinet with basin on top; shower screen.

4)hack the kitchen floor and wall tiles; new cabinets; changing position of stove and washing basin; hacking part of the wall into rectangular shape to overlook the living room. Hack the kitchen toilet floor tiles and do some touch up (this toilet's rather small so wont be doing much)

5)create a "bar top" counter (no cupboards,just a counter) behind the wall that is hacked so when sitting, can overlook the kitchen (nt sure if u understand..heh)

6)wall feature for MBR and living room

any valuable comments appreciated

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kitchen's a must do after so many years. But , am not keen on the open concept kitchen that is very popular nowadays 'cos oil fumes will escape to the dining/living room area when cooking. I think you'll have to consider that very carefully 'cos I know of at least one who had to rebuild the kitchen wall after knocking it off.

Parquet get scratched easily so if you are doing it for the study room, you may have to put some kind of plastic mat (I think Ikea sells) under the chair to prevent scratching. Parquet for bedroom is fine. Nice to wake up and put your feet on wood, instead of cold ceramic.

i notice those of u staying at hougang have got a big utility room. I presume that's a store. so lucky. my store is just a small area under the stairs and i kenna bumps on the head coming in and out of that small and short store !!

Anyone used Alumix for their wardrobes? i'll be using them to do the MBR wardrobes. Just wonder how is the workmanship.

Edited by tinkle

the marble is not the mosaic/flower types, hmm its whitish with grey-ish lines running over it...nt sure if u knw wad i mean...

its really a waste if u hack off the marble cos u can polish and get back the shine for the old marbles and more value if u decide to sell yrs down the road.

Kitchen's a must do after so many years. But , am not keen on the open concept kitchen that is very popular nowadays 'cos oil fumes will escape to the dining/living room area when cooking. I think you'll have to consider that very carefully 'cos I know of at least one who had to rebuild the kitchen wall after knocking it off.

Parquet get scratched easily so if you are doing it for the study room, you may have to put some kind of plastic mat (I think Ikea sells) under the chair to prevent scratching. Parquet for bedroom is fine. Nice to wake up and put your feet on wood, instead of cold ceramic.

ya, gotta reconsider carefully if wanna opt for open concept kitchen.

Ikea sells those big plastic mat (abt the size of a playpen 48 X 24)...dont know how much it cost though

i notice those of u staying at hougang have got a big utility room. I presume that's a store. so lucky. my store is just a small area under the stairs and i kenna bumps on the head coming in and out of that small and short store !!

Anyone used Alumix for their wardrobes? i'll be using them to do the MBR wardrobes. Just wonder how is the workmanship.

no la, Hougang EM layout got 2 type. One with the utility room (quite miserable...not as big as u think) and the other type with the study room which is big enough to be considered as the 4th bedroom.

open concept cant cos the beam's there...its just hacking a part of the wall(1/4) into a rectangular shape and a glass will be placed in so u wont get all the living rm dirty but yet able to overlook the kitchen..

went to expo yest and spoke to 3 IDs.....unimax offering free 3D design, so see hw it goes

open concept cant cos the beam's there...its just hacking a part of the wall(1/4) into a rectangular shape and a glass will be placed in so u wont get all the living rm dirty but yet able to overlook the kitchen..

went to expo yest and spoke to 3 IDs.....unimax offering free 3D design, so see hw it goes

i know what u mean now cos my friend also did that for her kitchen. But why u wanna do that? It'll give u an additional place to clean but if u got maid then its ok. Cleaning a maisonette is no joke. I've removed many display stuff so as to minimise the dust collection.

i know what u mean now cos my friend also did that for her kitchen. But why u wanna do that? It'll give u an additional place to clean but if u got maid then its ok. Cleaning a maisonette is no joke. I've removed many display stuff so as to minimise the dust collection.

not much glass feature in the hse so that might improve some look on it (easy to clean since its just a rectangular glass feature)...cleaning i aint that worried cos i have been the one cleaning the masionette and after renovation,its gg to be much easier on my part... now most of the stuff (furniture like rosewood) all belongs to my dad....after renovation it aint gg to look cluttered

the other 2 ID i have spoken to is I-bridge and *****

My reno finally finish. :sport-smiley-018: Moving in this weekend and these few busy like bees.My simple reno cost $21kplus include aircon and electric works.

hoho mind to show pics?=)

My reno finally finish. :D Moving in this weekend and these few busy like bees.My simple reno cost $21kplus include aircon and electric works.

Congratulations on finishing your reno.! I think you can via with Brother Mace for the cheapest reno! !!

Dear Junkay,

I have been drawing some sketches of what we would like done to our place on google sketchup and would like to share it in this thread. How do you post a snap shot?

Just met up with Patrick from Hoe Bee today. Told him our ideas and he seemed very receptive. Open about what can or cannot be done. I like him. I have almost 90% made up my mind especially when all the IDs are all talk and no action.

Getting key end of this month.

Dear Junkay,

I have been drawing some sketches of what we would like done to our place on google sketchup and would like to share it in this thread. How do you post a snap shot?

Just met up with Patrick from Hoe Bee today. Told him our ideas and he seemed very receptive. Open about what can or cannot be done. I like him. I have almost 90% made up my mind especially when all the IDs are all talk and no action.

Getting key end of this month.

You mean post it here or how do you take a pic of it? If its the latter, go to the view you wish to capture click on file and export as 2D graphic.. As to how do you post it on the forum, you might want to check out the sticky thread on how to post pics here when you go into the reno t blog. I have a lot more sketches that I have done but not EM. maybe I will should create a reno t blog where i have many houses haHAHAHHAHAH :furious:

Edited by Junkay

You mean post it here or how do you take a pic of it? If its the latter, go to the view you wish to capture click on file and export as 2D graphic.. As to how do you post it on the forum, you might want to check out the sticky thread on how to post pics here when you go into the reno t blog. I have a lot more sketches that I have done but not EM. maybe I will should create a reno t blog where i have many houses haHAHAHHAHAH :unsure:

Yeah, good idea, Maybe you can be online another Mr Chong, providing professional sketch to all forumner, earn a reputation and be a world class ID in coming days. Good good. Very inspiraring. :P:P