Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Patrick quoted 42 K for the whole renovation. Will try to keep to under 50K knowing there will be additional charges here and there. Hopefully, he won't go over by too much.

Wondering if the final product will be as hoped but at the moment more concern about workmanship as laying homogenous tiles on lower floors and laminates upper floor. Not much cabinets planned at the moment but we shall see. Hope to move in by late December.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
There should be ventilation at the top and at the side as well. Trying to do a lantern effect (semi transparent PVC/polycarbonate/acryic/just plastic covering 2 sides facing the stairs so that light can be seen through. The other 2 sides will be gympsum boards. The inner frames facing the stairs should be wood with some oriental or other designs to act as silhoutte. Tried to illustrate it but not easy.

maidsroom.jpgMaidsroom-1.jpg

Another view. The doors are louvers for ventilation

Maidsroom3.jpg

Plans for upper floors

upperfloors.png

may i know what is this room under the stairway use for ? do you not think it will be too dark ?

Wow, that's seems like a really good deal. Wonder if the location is good.

That works it to $146 per square feet. Good buy, very cheap but location is a little far. My opinion.

Hi, I'm a new EM owner. Signed HDB 1st appointment only last week.

I was quoted by a contractor S$1,880 for painting job (whole unit inclusive of doors, frames & toilets). Is the price expensive or not ? Is there any recommendations for good & relaible painters ?

Will highly appreciate for some advise and comments. THANKS.

I was quoted by a contractor S$1,880 for painting job (whole unit inclusive of doors, frames & toilets). Is the price expensive or not ? Is there any recommendations for good & relaible painters ?

welcome - thats cheap - mine around 2.2k but it includes LOTS of patching. my walls were machiam moon surface.

if your walls are in good condition - go for nipponpaint package around $1600 onli but they ONLY does painting.

price pretty reasonable for EM but do check with them on the type of paints, no. of colours as well as the number of coats that they wld be doing if they're tasked to do the job

My house's finally finishing! They are going to do the last touch-ups on Mon and I'm going to move in on Wed! :)

have fun while doing all the unpacking :good:

Edited by hello88

October 2007 Bi-Monthly Sale of 4-Room and Bigger Flats

woodlands.jpg

174sqm and only $276,000 nia :dribble::bow:

yeah saw that too... they featured a unit like that on home and decor once. very spacious and nice boy. There is actually a stair up to the living room from the balcony. They did a dry and wet kitchen and woodend lourves into the second balcony...drool drool. This is a combo of a 4 room and a 3 room according to the magazine. Very Swee man.

Edited by Junkay

hi peeps... new owner of 20 yr old masionette at bukit gombak...

anyone has good lobang for carpenter who can convert the space under the stairs into a store? Any suggestions?

Moving in soon... reno done up... 14k total... didn't do much.... only did kitchen, balcony (wall and floor tiles), full house rewiring, painting, some cornice and small false ceiling, and changed all the toilets' assesories...

put up curtains with wooden railings for 1.5k...

now realise that the house has no place for storage... my mum wants me to use the utility room as a small room with a single bed and small wardrobe.... so either me or my wife's parents can use.... (no need to go up nd down staircase.)

Hi guys,

"Disappeared" for a while - have been busy toggling between work and shopping for contractors .. (still shopping till not !! ) Realised that it is not good to start on a new job and go thro the process of searching for contractors / furnishings etc.

Just want some feedback on this quote I have .. tis is a so-called more "reasonable" quote i have received so far:

1. Labor to hack floor n wall tiles - kitchen 1100

2. Labor to hack floor n wall tiles - 2 toilets 900

3. Labor to hack sink n stove n existing kitchen cabinets - 300

4. Labor to hack existing built in TV cabinet in living - 200

5. Labor & material to lay tiles at kitchen - 850

6. Labor & material to lay tiles at 2 bathroom - 700

7. Labor & material to lay full ht wall tiles at kitchen - 2200

8. Labor & material to lay full ht wall tiles at 2 bathrooms - 2400

9. Labor & material to change stainless steel piping for 2 bathrooms - 580

10. Labor & material to install L:48ft kitchen cabinet using solid laminated plywood with ABS trimming - 4320

11. Labor & material to install L:23ft granite top (china) - 1840

12. Labor & material to construct kitchen base - 180

13. Labor & material to construct fridge base - 160

Appreciate any feedback.

Am still waiting for the quote from Ho Bee - it's already more than 1 week .. :good:

Cheers.

Just to add - I am collecting my keys on Oct 23.

My initial plan was to get the contractor to apply for reno permit on the same day - but I am still shopping for contractors :drunk: At the rate things are going, plus i need to 'slog' in my new job, can only pray to find a reasonable quote soon, and hopefully can move in by mid Dec.

Question: Do we apply for PUB immediately? Can apply thro internet?