Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

dropping the quote fm the previous ID and opting for another one. Hubby likes the new ID and the guy has been pretty accommodating to date - esp with the number of changes / additions / FOCs. Gone thro 4 quotes already and still changing, and last nite, hubby still wanna change - now thinking of erecting the roof top in the balcony so that we can have a larger living space to put the sofa and his precious massage chair :furious: i was really :curse::curse::fire: i had to give up my granite kitchen counter-top n my sliding glass doors for the bathrooms so that he can have his white powder coated balcony doors. ding dong for 2 weeks and we still have not started reno :bangwall:

Current ID is quoting us $280 for kitchen, 2 bathrooms and balcony 3-step water proofing, but he marked up on the hacking costs - $2.8k to hack the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, balcony, 4 sets of built-in cabinets. Still waiting for his "final" quote.

Thanks blossom0501,

The contractor has started worked so cannot do anything now.

my hacking fee is around $3k , i also hacked the living room and utility room.

Erect a new toilet at downstair plus the other two toilets cost me $10k....excluding accessories, WC , basin.:bangwall:

living room and kitchen another 14k... My $$ gone.

My electrical is $3.4k with upstair and downstair electrical Distribution boards and 22 power points and 20 lightings plus installation. ( Not from the main contractor, he quoted $70 per power point, nearly want to kill him)

Hopefully the living room and kitchen will turn out nice if not I will killl...... :curse:

For the roof, you also need to do water proofing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear all,

Renovation work has started with most walls that we wanted hacked done except for the one erected between the kitchen and dining (previous owner covered the old entrance). What surprises me is why does the HDB need more aproval when it was previously an opening anyway.

Now, some minor tiling can be done but they still have to wait for the walls to come down first thus some delay.

Will try to post some photos.

Oops, he thought he won the car. Click PLAY !!

After 3 days w/o sleep, under the rain, sun and wind, he became abit seh seh and mind playing tricks.

Edited by hello88

Hi all

Glad to join the ranks of "mansionette owners". I just purchased a 21 year old em at Bt Gombak (154m2) last night. :unsure:

Looking forward to seeking your advice on my upcoming reno in Feb!

lynnette

alright!:) another 20+ yrs old EM hehe.

time to go look for warehouse sales now...many coming up , designer taps, bathroom accessories...etc

alright!:D another 20+ yrs old EM hehe.

time to go look for warehouse sales now...many coming up , designer taps, bathroom accessories...etc

Finally! We inked the contract with the ID after 3-4 weeks of ding-dong and at least 6 revisions of quotes. Total cost of reno is 35K includes

- hacking and works for 2 bathrooms, kitchen and balcony,

- hacking of existing built-in cabinets and installation of new full ht wardrobes for 3 bedrooms,

- custom-made shoe cabinet,

- painting of whole unit,

- change of balcony sliding doors, windows for MBR, kitchen, dining hall and utility room,

- electrical re-wiring for first level, changing of switches for entire unit, polishing of floors (upper n lower) etc.

Tomorrow will be the 1st day of reno. Hope to have everything done by mid-dec and we can move in before Christmas.

Mace - any warehouse sales lobang for sanitary wares and bathroom accessories to recommend?

PS. Do we need to inform the neighbours personally that we are starting reno and there will be lots of noise pollution esp during the hacking process?

:dunno:

Thing is not all the neighbours would be around when you go knocking on their doors. So, I wrote notes and passed to the maid/grandma. I think it's a nice gesture 'cos when my ex-neighbour renovated, my younger one was terrified of the drilling and screamed non-stop. I was quite mad 'cos had they notified us earlier I would have made provisions to be out of the flat.

Thing is not all the neighbours would be around when you go knocking on their doors. So, I wrote notes and passed to the maid/grandma. I think it's a nice gesture 'cos when my ex-neighbour renovated, my younger one was terrified of the drilling and screamed non-stop. I was quite mad 'cos had they notified us earlier I would have made provisions to be out of the flat.

Thanks for the tip. Will pop by to new place to drop off the notes later. 3.5 days of hacking starting from tomorrow -> think it will drive everyone nuts. This reno is causing more stress than anticipated. Tiling works supposed to start next week and we still have not finalised the selection of tiles :thumbs up:

8| yah, I took a long time too. Went there twice.

i am worse then ... went to SBH twice and still cud not decide. We even went to Lian Seng Hin at Balestier to select tiles. Hubby only wants to use homogenous tiles throughout. All this dilemma for just kitchen, 2 bathrooms and the balcony. :notti:

Tip: General note - Lian Seng Hin's (LSH) prices are lower than Soon Bee Huat (SBH). We saw similar tiles from SBH being displayed at LSH, and it was about 20-40 cents cheaper. For those who are doing DIY reno or contractors are giving low budget for tiling works, it may be worthwhile to pop by LSH. But note that their selection is not as extensive as SBH

Mace - any warehouse sales lobang for sanitary wares and bathroom accessories to recommend?

buy straittimes and read thoroughly thru the pages...advertisements usually appear on fridays and saturdays.

buy straittimes and read thoroughly thru the pages...advertisements usually appear on fridays and saturdays.

Hihi.. I'm new.. Just starting renovating my EM. Hacking in progress...

Nice to know there's a forum for ours! :P

Anyone know where to get good and cheap stair railing? 1 contractor quote me $55psf

Dear all,

We have the tiles delivered and some bathroom stuff delivered but no work can be done because the HDB has not approved the hacking of the wall which mean no work can be done i.e laying tiles, plumbing etc.

Meanwhile we have been keeping busy with shopping and gathering information. Spending money like water.

We were still wondering about kids and grilles. Would like to have no grilles as far as possible as we just installed the Decorille set of windows but after hearing about the Japanese toddler falling, we are undecided again.

Went to Megaman and looked at their light bulbs and thinking of investing in their dimmable CFCs. Quite expensive but may save electricity in the long run and the dimmable function may allow for more creativity with lighting effects.

Unable to do anything until the wall is hacked!:yamseng:!

Not much point in posting photos as progress is poor

Dear all,

We have the tiles delivered and some bathroom stuff delivered but no work can be done because the HDB has not approved the hacking of the wall which mean no work can be done i.e laying tiles, plumbing etc.

Meanwhile we have been keeping busy with shopping and gathering information. Spending money like water.

We were still wondering about kids and grilles. Would like to have no grilles as far as possible as we just installed the Decorille set of windows but after hearing about the Japanese toddler falling, we are undecided again.

Went to Megaman and looked at their light bulbs and thinking of investing in their dimmable CFCs. Quite expensive but may save electricity in the long run and the dimmable function may allow for more creativity with lighting effects.

Unable to do anything until the wall is hacked!!!!

Not much point in posting photos as progress is poor

It is better to install grill if there are kids

Safety is the most important.

My house is now renovating, in big mess. and my kids damage my camera. No photo to show.

My kids are my most important treasures in this world.

Hihi.. it's me again.. forget to tell u guy where i'm located.. It's HOUGANG AVE10.. anyone near there? I got all my toilet accessories, wc yesterday at AOS in Kallang Pudding, kind of reasonable pricing. !!

Anyway.. now trying to get a quote for using mild steel on the railing. Got one guy give me abt $1500. Anyone have any pricing to share???

Edited by Yuntlh

Hihi.. it's me again.. forget to tell u guy where i'm located.. It's HOUGANG AVE10.. anyone near there? I got all my toilet accessories, wc yesterday at AOS in Kallang Pudding, kind of reasonable pricing. :dunno:

Anyway.. now trying to get a quote for using mild steel on the railing. Got one guy give me abt $1500. Anyone have any pricing to share???

Hi Yuntlh,

Do u have the address for AOS shop? I am desperately looking for WC (a particular design). Went to the commonly known shops (Sims, Hoe Kee, Genova, Nan Wah etc) but it is either the measurement is not right or the price is steep. :furious: with hubby for insisting on that design.

Mild steel on the railing - did a quick check with my ID - he said not a common choice nowadays, and unable to do a proper quote. PM if u wanna check with my ID directly.