Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

so good...

can i ask em owners, is there any specific noise pollution ard in the house

cause by surrounding neighbours??

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
so good...

thanks

Depends on neighbourhood actually, if you are near the lift landing, facing a road or just sway and have noisy neighbours.

My masterbed room faces a road so I am installing double-glazed windows to help lower the noise. I also bought a corner unit for privacy which also minimises the noise of people walking past your unit.

Just to share that I finally settled on my contractor (after searching since December!)

Overhauling all three toilets and the kitchen

Changing all windows and grilles

Changing all doors and the main gate

Rewiring the whole house

Retiling the balcony

Laminating the second floor

Building a storeroom under the stairs

Changing the plumbing

Painting the house

Damage about $35K. :notti:

Edited by arknuss

Depends on neighbourhood actually, if you are near the lift landing, facing a road or just sway and have noisy neighbours.

My masterbed room faces a road so I am installing double-glazed windows to help lower the noise. I also bought a corner unit for privacy which also minimises the noise of people walking past your unit.

Just to share that I finally settled on my contractor (after searching since December!)

Overhauling all three toilets and the kitchen

Changing all windows and grilles

Changing all doors and the main gate

Rewiring the whole house

Retiling the balcony

Laminating the second floor

Building a storeroom under the stairs

Changing the plumbing

Painting the house

Damage about $35K. :dunno:

Frankly, that's quite a good deal for so much.

Frankly, that's quite a good deal for so much.

Thanks. Well it excludes all toilet fittings and the kitchen accessories. We are also not using expensive materials. Perhaps I will upload my quote on my blog for a better analysis.

Thanks. Well it excludes all toilet fittings and the kitchen accessories. We are also not using expensive materials. Perhaps I will upload my quote on my blog for a better analysis.

wow, its indeed a good deal even though not including toilet fittings and kitchen accessories. Well, doesnt have to use expensive materials. I also dont believe in going for brand fittings in the toilet as a wc is a wc and its suffice as long as it served the purpose in the 1st place.

btw, which brand of laminated flooring are u going for?

wow, its indeed a good deal even though not including toilet fittings and kitchen accessories. Well, doesnt have to use expensive materials. I also dont believe in going for brand fittings in the toilet as a wc is a wc and its suffice as long as it served the purpose in the 1st place.

btw, which brand of laminated flooring are u going for?

was offered power dekor. Did some research on it and it seems ok. At least it is tested according to PSB standards and it seems to be of at least AC 3 quality. compared it to supreme and kronotex (no hyphen) and it seemed almost similar. supreme seemed a little more solid though.

was offered wi parquet by another contractor. really felt that the quality was better. but ex.

was offered power dekor. Did some research on it and it seems ok. At least it is tested according to PSB standards and it seems to be of at least AC 3 quality. compared it to supreme and kronotex (no hyphen) and it seemed almost similar. supreme seemed a little more solid though.

was offered wi parquet by another contractor. really felt that the quality was better. but ex.

ya, i think more or less the same for different brand of laminates. I also heard abt wi-parquet but not sure if its ex. I took Kronotex AC5.

so good...

thanks

Yes, personally I encountered this within my own EM unit. As the ceiling height between the dining hall and the upper unit form a high horn shape. Thus when ever we speak in the dining room, the sound get echo, reflected within the house. ( Sound like Kara-OKe)

Wonder folks here have the same problem? :yamseng:

me am so excited.....going for my 1st hdb appt this thursday....

will i know when is my 2nd appt on the spot?

me am so excited.....going for my 1st hdb appt this thursday....

will i know when is my 2nd appt on the spot?

enjoy signing lots of forms tomorrow :dunno:

Yes n No to your question. 2nd appointment usually abt 4-6 weeks after 1st appt but sometimes can be much longer depending on the market situation.

My friend previously got the 2nd appt date on the spot as the seller also wanted a much later date than the suggested 4-6 weeks. For my case, we got the agent to draft a letter on the spot, signed by all sellers and buyers for the earliest possible date but of course still up to HDB. The officer merely noted our request.

The 2nd appt date would be accorded once the HDB officer done with the inspection for the flat. Usually would be delayed if seller failed to rectify what had to be done after the inspection. So do pester the agent if seller delay the rectification. And do check online diligently for the 2nd appt date. I checked almost every other day and informed the agent (only received the letter abt a week after the date came out online).

good luck!

I remembered seeing one of the forumer here who changed his staircase railing to glass..

Can i ask if it is hard to maintain/clean? e.g. will there be lots of fingerprints, dirt, etc.. !! How often do you clean? How do you clean the outside of the glass?

Anyone can help? Thanks!

I remembered seeing one of the forumer here who changed his staircase railing to glass..

Can i ask if it is hard to maintain/clean? e.g. will there be lots of fingerprints, dirt, etc.. :yamseng: How often do you clean? How do you clean the outside of the glass?

Anyone can help? Thanks!

yup, good memories. Its the White House by Prettibride. U may like to PM her to get the info. U can view her glass railings here :good:

Edited by hello88

thanks hello88! haha u lagi good memory loh, still know the name somemore!

no la, cos my ID previously also proposed that to us and I saw prettibride did it and she's the only one in the forum doing the glass railings.

we cross out ID's idea the minute we saw the quotation (expensive hor) cos of safety, not very practical when we forsee the cleaning part plus got kids in the house.

nice ticker u have there.

btw, u just went for 1st appt right? COV paid on 1st appt? What other misc fees u paid in cash ar? I totally cant recall as bro in law just bought 5-room resale in SK.

Edited by hello88

I am also worried about the impracticality of the glass railings.. So i wanna get feedback from people who had done it before. PMed prettibride already, hope she still visits this forum!

How much were u quoted last time ah?

Thanks! haha actually after putting the ticker, makes me more nervous as it keeps reminding how little time i have left.. Been losing sleep these few nights from overdose of excitement from wedding and reno planning...

U were right about the signing forms part... i signed until my signature all out of shape ok! I don't remember the last time i used my hand to write something for so long :bleah:

Yes, COV paid on 1st appt, plus the caveat fee (donno what's that haha just pay only). But funny thing is, I expected to pay much more cash, but somehow they calculated, some of the things they actually deducted from CPF instead... I calculated the amount previously via the HDB calculator and I thought the stamp fee has to pay by cash too, which amounts to almost 9k.