Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

$40K should be able to do that you mentioned works. What I have done renovation last May and cost abt $50K(similar what you mentioned, but include all window/grill replacement 5K, re-wire 3K, air-con 4K, no work for balcony roof, replacement floor tile).

Wash area can convert to WC, I did this.

Hi JackBatok,

- How much did it cost for you to convert your Wash Area to WC?

- AirCon $4K is for what sort of system? Can cover the entire house? Or just bedrooms upstairs?

- Re-wiring $3K can cover both upstairs and downstairs?

- How much to shift the toilet bowls and sinks within a bathroom anyone knows?

Anyone here experienced the need of installing an StarHub Cable point? Wonder how much it will cost and if it's worth it, to install 2 points. My unit seems to not have it.. =(

And my unit also does not have piped gas - anybody had the same problem? Does it mean I have to use LPG in those containers?

Out of interest - did anybody try electric stoves? I heard that the power consumption is not economical as compared to using LPG - is that true?

Thank you thank you for any assistance possible!

We are desperate to know what has to be done and if it is worth our while at the end of the day. =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi JackBatok,

- How much did it cost for you to convert your Wash Area to WC?

- AirCon $4K is for what sort of system? Can cover the entire house? Or just bedrooms upstairs?

- Re-wiring $3K can cover both upstairs and downstairs?

- How much to shift the toilet bowls and sinks within a bathroom anyone knows?

Anyone here experienced the need of installing an StarHub Cable point? Wonder how much it will cost and if it's worth it, to install 2 points. My unit seems to not have it.. =(

And my unit also does not have piped gas - anybody had the same problem? Does it mean I have to use LPG in those containers?

Out of interest - did anybody try electric stoves? I heard that the power consumption is not economical as compared to using LPG - is that true?

Thank you thank you for any assistance possible!

We are desperate to know what has to be done and if it is worth our while at the end of the day. =)

- converting your Wash area downstairs to WC would be around 300-400 estimated but wld definitely cost more if u wish to hack and re-tile the flooring and wall tiles plus getting a WC.

- 4k air con? I think its an inverter system 4, bedrooms and study room inclusive but if u want the living room then might cost more to go for a system 5. Do check the electricity loading for your blk.

- 3k re-wiring should be able to cost both upstairs n downstairs. U can bargain on this and get the electrician to install cable point for all the rooms including living room, telephone points for all the rooms, many powerpoints around the house as well as the kitchen. If u're getting designer switches then might cost more.

- shifting toilet bowls and sinks within a bathroom? It depends on the P-trap as u might not be able to switch the toilet bowl due to the piping/sewage layouts. U'll need to source around for new WC and sinks unless u dont mind using the existing ones. Anyway, labour for shifting/installing can range from $80 to $200 depending on contractors.

My area also no city gas but we're fine with using cylinder gas and in fact, we prefer it that way. The uncle would deliver it within 30mins (longest).

electric stove? U mean induction hob? I think it depends on the electrical loading of your block as I read from HDB website previously that there's some restriction on this such induction hob for older flats. Anyway, we have bought a Taiyo induction hob (for CNY streamboat) and saw another brand at metro the other day saying that its actually much more economical as compared to using gas. I'm not too sure abt it

Renovation definitely cost alot more nowadays especially if u need to overhaul the whole EM as everything more costly now eg. sand, cement.

- converting your Wash area downstairs to WC would be around 300-400 estimated but wld definitely cost more if u wish to hack and re-tile the flooring and wall tiles plus getting a WC.

- 4k air con? I think its an inverter system 4, bedrooms and study room inclusive but if u want the living room then might cost more to go for a system 5. Do check the electricity loading for your blk.

- 3k re-wiring should be able to cost both upstairs n downstairs. U can bargain on this and get the electrician to install cable point for all the rooms including living room, telephone points for all the rooms, many powerpoints around the house as well as the kitchen. If u're getting designer switches then might cost more.

- shifting toilet bowls and sinks within a bathroom? It depends on the P-trap as u might not be able to switch the toilet bowl due to the piping/sewage layouts. U'll need to source around for new WC and sinks unless u dont mind using the existing ones. Anyway, labour for shifting/installing can range from $80 to $200 depending on contractors.

My area also no city gas but we're fine with using cylinder gas and in fact, we prefer it that way. The uncle would deliver it within 30mins (longest).

electric stove? U mean induction hob? I think it depends on the electrical loading of your block as I read from HDB website previously that there's some restriction on this such induction hob for older flats. Anyway, we have bought a Taiyo induction hob (for CNY streamboat) and saw another brand at metro the other day saying that its actually much more economical as compared to using gas. I'm not too sure abt it

Renovation definitely cost alot more nowadays especially if u need to overhaul the whole EM as everything more costly now eg. sand, cement.

Hi. Stargirl.

Thanks Hello 88 answer the question.

- I use cylinder as well.

- I installed Mitsubishi system 4( 3 bed rm and 1 living rm) based on our HDB power supply capacity. New HDB can be install 2 set of air con(2 compressors).

- Contractor charged by how may lights/power points/phone point/Cable TV points. I installed 2 cable/phone points. But I did wrong thing was that StarHub cable point and telephone point did not insatall on one side, so now cannot apply SingTel MIO plan. It should be easy to you to use either MIO or StarHub if you add extra telephone point next to Cable TV point.

You may get quote to compare. If you need I may have my old quote here for you reference.

Edited by jackbatok

Hi peeps,

If it is not too much trouble can I get your contractor's contacts and their quotes for all the works done at your places? Wish to have a more realistic comparison.

(as well as whether you'll recommend them in terms of service, workmanship, cost effectiveness etc.)

Thank you!:P! pls email to kullwee@yahoo.com

Looking forward to all the assistance we can get... =)

And does anyone know how much enclosing a balcony will roughly cost?

Cheers!

Another thing I need advice from existing EM owners, especially those couples only staying on their own, without children, elderly and maid.

I find the upstairs 2nd toilet abit redundant.. plus cleaning toilet quite tedious i think. Is it possible to hackaway the toilet, either merge it with the MBR toilet.. or merge and extend the 2nd bedroom?

Has anyone done that before? If it is possible, by doing that will it by anyway bring down the value of the house if we were to sell it next time?

Anyone can help?

Hi all,

I am also cracking my head on how to reno my EM within a very tight budget.

any pictures to share?? :dancingqueen:

to give me some ideas. At the same time, can also share which ID did u all used?

thanks!

Another thing I need advice from existing EM owners, especially those couples only staying on their own, without children, elderly and maid.

I find the upstairs 2nd toilet abit redundant.. plus cleaning toilet quite tedious i think. Is it possible to hackaway the toilet, either merge it with the MBR toilet.. or merge and extend the 2nd bedroom?

Has anyone done that before? If it is possible, by doing that will it by anyway bring down the value of the house if we were to sell it next time?

Anyone can help?

yup, have to agree on the common toilet upstairs if only 2 of u staying. Why not keep it simple w/o shower screen if u dont need to use the toilet for the time being. Just need to wash it occasionally when u feel like it. Visitors can use it if the loo downstairs is occupied or maybe when ur parents or in-laws moved in with u in the near future.

Anyway, GMC (ex-EM owner in this thread, already sold his EM last year) got the contractor to sealed up the door way of the toilet and merge it into an attached toilet for the bedroom nearest to the toilet for his kid.

I'm not sure if the value of the house would be affected if u merge it with the MBR bathroom. I do know that some flat values are affected when owners knock down a bedroom wall to merge into a bigger bedroom.

thanks hello88 for your advice. Both my fiance and myself also cannot decide whether to touch it or not.

but what you said makes sense.. mayb we'll just keep it very simple and save it for those just in case situation.

I do not have kids yet but i prefer to have a common toilet on the 2nd level for guests that are going to stay overnight at our place.

As what my ID say once you hack away it will be very difficult to construct back. I just keep the common toilet reno as simple as i possibly can. Basic wash basin, not too fancy WC and use shower curtain maybe from Ikea.

I did hack away the old tiles. I believe basic infrastructure like tile and water proofing should always be sound. I do not want to have tiles poping up or the floor below mine complaint i have a leaking toilet.

Our reno has not started yet but now we have decided to let my son occupies the master bedroom and as for us, we will convert the 2 bedrooms into 1 master room attached to the common toilet....

Our reno has not started yet but now we have decided to let my son occupies the master bedroom and as for us, we will convert the 2 bedrooms into 1 master room attached to the common toilet....

wow, your son gonna occupy the MBR and convert the other 2 rooms in one. Stopping at one?

YES... very sure stopping at 1 cos my son is already 12 years old :notti:

Edited by virgo2829