Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Guess we belong to the same era. I was also looking for a EM in 1998 but u told the story already. In the end submitted my application for a new 5I in JW. Waited for 1.5 years before they called me up for selection. At that time it was like no body wants JW, so queuing was not a issue, got to select my first choice.

Like i said have to salute u cos i was hunting for my EM since dec 07, it was like so disappointing and frustrating cos the cov was really high, got turned down by so many selllers till i questioned myself was my cov low? And there were like a few families viewing the unit at the same time (agent plot again) which turned up the heat. Well, cov < 50k is what i intended to pay, anything more i will walk.

I'm lucky to have bought my current Em as i was the 2nd viewer and offered immediately so not much competition. Otherwise i would be walking around again.

yaya....so frustrating as me and hubby always wanted to stay EM but the COV were way too high back then so boh pian, gotta wait lor. The difference is, we gave up our Seng Kang queue....courtesy from HDB. We were in fact, Queue No. 2 on the 1st day of selection but we didnt even turned up. Wow, HDB really low demand that time as they even called us up the next day to check why we didnt turned up and even asked if we wanna go back another day for selection. In fact, before that day, we had requested to upgrade to Exec flat though we were supposed to choose a 5room flat but the 5 room flats were really small but HDB turned down our request. They even announced that they would stop building exec flats. See what happened to exec flats in SK?? Hahaha, they had to 'cut' the exec flats into a 2 and 3-room flat cos there was over supply and very little demand. The 5-room flats were 110sqm...we were hoping for at least 120sqm so eventually we settled for a 4-room resale and took 50k grant.

ya, i must agree with u that agents like to play that plot....always turned up the heat and even con us into believing that we must quickly place deposit as so and so potential buyer also very interested. Boh tahan agents but that's their rice bowl la.

now we r all proud EM owners.....aka EM lovers :notti: ....hahahaha.... :sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya, from what my bro told me (he's a property agent).

he says,.....EM price will sure be able to fetch high,...due to rarity of this.

moreover, with the new 5room Loft now just introduced, it is infact advantage to us (EM owners).

cos the selling price is so high from HDB, and it will sure be asking a minimum of 600k-700k when it's time to sell.

and in terms of the layout, those EM are a better choice cos all bedrooms are on 2nd floor...etc etc

trends may change...if job cuts n retrenchment come again, people will want small flats again...

now time are good, people want bigger flats...

Anyway, as land use intensify, EMs is a 'relatively' waste of land..likely to be SERS away...to build more

pigeon holes...

BTW, I die die wont be selling my EM unless kicked out by Govt.

hello88,

really salute you leh. waited 6yrs for your EM.

infact, i was tellin gmy hb,...tat if we were really to sell off this EM,.....i also hope to get another EM in the future,....cos really like the big area. :)

hahaha.....really love the big area. I didnt extend my living room and kept the balcony. Didnt have a roof over it too so the ceiling high high. Really love the balcony, got sun, rain and wind. Hahaha, for those more adventuous type, can even put deck chairs to sun tan.

hey guys, can i check with u what is the reasonable price for a 20 yrs old EM at Toa Payoh ? mid floor, 146sqm

tpy very ex cos considered centralised so be prepared to pay min.500k but who knows....u might be lucky to grab it at good offer if its those divorce case. Gd luck!

trends may change...if job cuts n retrenchment come again, people will want small flats again...

now time are good, people want bigger flats...

Anyway, as land use intensify, EMs is a 'relatively' waste of land..likely to be SERS away...to build more

pigeon holes...

BTW, I die die wont be selling my EM unless kicked out by Govt.

ya, get kicked out by govt but dunno how much wld govt pay us hor? heee.....for those who bought at low price of course wld gain la but if those bought at high price and plus high reno...then wld protest

we will never know what is HDB's plan.....cos you see, they annouced not building anymore executives.....and now there's this 5room Loft upcoming.

it's classified as 5room,....but area, space, layout, etc etc.....pricing also at executive level leh.

as EM is really rare,...thus we never know whether HDb will be building such flat in the future....keke ;)

anyway, i will still go for EM or maybe EA even if i sell my this EM in-future,.....cos i really need a big area (eventually my in-laws will be staying with us lah)..... ;)

we will never know what is HDB's plan.....cos you see, they annouced not building anymore executives.....and now there's this 5room Loft upcoming.

it's classified as 5room,....but area, space, layout, etc etc.....pricing also at executive level leh.

as EM is really rare,...thus we never know whether HDb will be building such flat in the future....keke ;)

anyway, i will still go for EM or maybe EA even if i sell my this EM in-future,.....cos i really need a big area (eventually my in-laws will be staying with us lah)..... ;)

precisely....we really dont know what's gonna b HDB next plan in the near future.

I also prefer big area....but hor, our EM very miserable utility room...those with the study room downstairs better as its really as big as the bedroom so those type of EM can considered as 4 bedrooms. My parents staying with us now. We used the utility room as a day time rest area with a DIY bed and single mattress inside.

HI all,

My contractor just informed me that the big sewer pipes in my kitchen and ground floor toilet are leaking and that the cost to get them replaced is about 1.2K.

Has anyone encountered this before and how did you get it fixed? Would HDB do it for you (i doubt it) or can it be fixed for cheaper?

yaya....so frustrating as me and hubby always wanted to stay EM but the COV were way too high back then so boh pian, gotta wait lor. The difference is, we gave up our Seng Kang queue....courtesy from HDB. We were in fact, Queue No. 2 on the 1st day of selection but we didnt even turned up. Wow, HDB really low demand that time as they even called us up the next day to check why we didnt turned up and even asked if we wanna go back another day for selection. In fact, before that day, we had requested to upgrade to Exec flat though we were supposed to choose a 5room flat but the 5 room flats were really small but HDB turned down our request. They even announced that they would stop building exec flats. See what happened to exec flats in SK?? Hahaha, they had to 'cut' the exec flats into a 2 and 3-room flat cos there was over supply and very little demand. The 5-room flats were 110sqm...we were hoping for at least 120sqm so eventually we settled for a 4-room resale and took 50k grant.

ya, i must agree with u that agents like to play that plot....always turned up the heat and even con us into believing that we must quickly place deposit as so and so potential buyer also very interested. Boh tahan agents but that's their rice bowl la.

now we r all proud EM owners.....aka EM lovers :notti: ....hahahaha.... :sport-smiley-003:

wah..u got queue num 2 & u gave up...but funni how come ur ballot can choose 5 rooms only?

I got num 3xxx..was cursing & swearing, was surprised dat still got unit available for us when our turn came. It was an exec at compassvale st, 4th floor,point blk type..walkin distance to compasspt, near tpe, beside prime supermkt,best part ard 290k only..but we gave it up..feel regretful all these months.. :bangwall:

till i found tis EM... :notti:

wah..u got queue num 2 & u gave up...but funni how come ur ballot can choose 5 rooms only?

I got num 3xxx..was cursing & swearing, was surprised dat still got unit available for us when our turn came. It was an exec at compassvale st, 4th floor,point blk type..walkin distance to compasspt, near tpe, beside prime supermkt,best part ard 290k only..but we gave it up..feel regretful all these months.. :bangwall:

till i found tis EM... :notti:

that was back in 1998, we applied to HDB for 5 room flat and waited a few years. Think that time got demand so HDB more selective and yaya papaya liao. Rejected my request to change my booking for exec flat so I gave up my turn when due to select 5 room flat. I think after my time, no more posting out booklets in huge envelop showing all the floorplans of flats available and their respective price list for selection.

mine only 4th floor.......was not able to get any idealo high floor unit....and found this hse which is of reasonable price lor.

mine is unblocked view (facing main road and opposite is those low rise private landed houses), just next to HG swimming & sports complex,.....nearby is poly-clinic,.....and if walk to hougang mall & hougang mrt stn will be ard 20-25mins walk.

Was wondering to when did you purchase your EM at Hougang coz it kinda hard to get a unit w/o COV. I did have a look around at Hougang last year when I was looking for a resale flat and basically all are asking for COV of min $40K.

At last I settle for an EM in Woodlands for COV of $17K, with valuation of $345K. It's a walk-up unit on the 3rd floor but HDB is gonna build the lift soon as they have mail us the pamphlets for it.

Was wondering to when did you purchase your EM at Hougang coz it kinda hard to get a unit w/o COV. I did have a look around at Hougang last year when I was looking for a resale flat and basically all are asking for COV of min $40K.

At last I settle for an EM in Woodlands for COV of $17K, with valuation of $345K. It's a walk-up unit on the 3rd floor but HDB is gonna build the lift soon as they have mail us the pamphlets for it.

jessie bought her EM not too long ago...

only one word to describe....she's one lucky gal to get it at valuation cos its a divorce case so seller wanna let it go no matter what and not like some not serious seller who are trying to gain from the current market.

urs also not bad right? What's the usual resale prices for EM over in Woodlands?

I think one of the factors that affect EM prices would be the age of the flat. For my area, I think that the neg part otherwise its really convenient as walking distance to MRT, bus interchange, mall and downstairs also got row of shophouses (7-eleven, coffeeshop, salon, etc)

thanks hello for helping me reply ;)

yeap, hello is right.

the previous owner has gone thru divorce case and ordered by court to sell within 6mths,...and initially, the owner asked for quite high COV and nobody buys.....hahahah :D

then when i went to view,....the valuation is expiring in few days time,..and their deadline of 6mths has overdued.

so, they are kind of under *force sell* situation....keke :)

jessie bought her EM not too long ago...

only one word to describe....she's one lucky gal to get it at valuation cos its a divorce case so seller wanna let it go no matter what and not like some not serious seller who are trying to gain from the current market.

urs also not bad right? What's the usual resale prices for EM over in Woodlands?

I think one of the factors that affect EM prices would be the age of the flat. For my area, I think that the neg part otherwise its really convenient as walking distance to MRT, bus interchange, mall and downstairs also got row of shophouses (7-eleven, coffeeshop, salon, etc)

Cant really recall offhand on what's the average price for EMs for Woodlands area. However my unit is near to the market,24hrs supermarket, 7-11 store and 10mins walk to Woodlands MRT. Moved-in last year around Nov and now thinking of doing some minor renovations.

Previously I didn't get the chance to do up the EM before moving in, as the buyer for my old flat can't give me the buffer period as he was a PR and his rental lease for his unit was up & the owner wanted him to vacate the premises ASAP.

thanks hello for helping me reply ;)

yeap, hello is right.

the previous owner has gone thru divorce case and ordered by court to sell within 6mths,...and initially, the owner asked for quite high COV and nobody buys.....hahahah :D

then when i went to view,....the valuation is expiring in few days time,..and their deadline of 6mths has overdued.

so, they are kind of under *force sell* situation....keke :)

You are one lucky gal indeed coz i wasn't able to get a unit with a reasonable price back in Hougang.

Edited by PsyNidE

Cant really recall offhand on what's the average price for EMs for Woodlands area. However my unit is near to the market,24hrs supermarket, 7-11 store and 10mins walk to Woodlands MRT. Moved-in last year around Nov and now thinking of doing some minor renovations.

Previously I didn't get the chance to do up the EM before moving in, as the buyer for my old flat can't give me the buffer period as he was a PR and his rental lease for his unit was up & the owner wanted him to vacate the premises ASAP.

You are one lucky gal indeed coz i wasn't able to get a unit with a reasonable price back in Hougang.

I think u also bought at good price and so convenient with all the amenities around. Now should be ex. No chance to do reno also in a way good as u had to make do with whatever condition the EM came with. Now u already settle down for few months so see what really need to be done then do reno lor.

HI all,

My contractor just informed me that the big sewer pipes in my kitchen and ground floor toilet are leaking and that the cost to get them replaced is about 1.2K.

Has anyone encountered this before and how did you get it fixed? Would HDB do it for you (i doubt it) or can it be fixed for cheaper?

if you bought your flat from HDB(with 1yr) = everything HDB bao kar liao.

if resale -

1) horizontal sewage pipe = town council(not hdb) will settle it.

2) curved sewage pipe = you pay. Get hdb to arrange a contractor.

BTW - ask your contractor to DOUBLE CHECK that the culprit is the sewer pipes and not your waterproofing of the toilet upstairs. Or else you will be paying DOUBLE - once for the sewer pipes then leaks again, hack the toilet again.

if you bought your flat from HDB(with 1yr) = everything HDB bao kar liao.

if resale -

1) horizontal sewage pipe = town council(not hdb) will settle it.

2) curved sewage pipe = you pay. Get hdb to arrange a contractor.

BTW - ask your contractor to DOUBLE CHECK that the culprit is the sewer pipes and not your waterproofing of the toilet upstairs. Or else you will be paying DOUBLE - once for the sewer pipes then leaks again, hack the toilet again.

Recently, My 2nd flr common toilet have leakage on the ceiling near the water/sewage pipe. I bot the unit from HDB and it within 1 yr. And have contacted the Branch office, but the office in charge say I have to share half the cost with the unit above mine. I still waiting for the respone as the officer say couldn't get the owner. :dunno:

And not too sure what the price like..

Edited by Yuntlh