Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yeah...fully agree with Jessie....

my poor maid looks so tired after we moved in to the new place....

ya lor....moreover, i hv 2 young boys at home.....my maid sure will be super bz with the work and taking care of my boys.

that's why i think i also need to chip-in and help with housework liao......keke :)

no kakis today ah????

Gd afternoon to u. :)

Just received the official letter from HDB regarding my 2nd appointment.

It says buyer must arrange with seller to do a final inspection before the 2nd appointment.

Hmm, inspect what?

I'd went to the house last Wed. It's still in a mess. Seems like nothing has been shifted out yet. :(

At hand over the house must be vacant ah?

If really,then how ah..if the previous owner request for extension..

At hand over the house must be vacant ah?

If really,then how ah..if the previous owner request for extension..

Probably they won't be staying... but they did say that they may not be able to shift everything out on time... some boxes etc. Hmm, they even have a piano. If they don't wanna shift that piano, I don't mind taking over that. hee

Edited by nath.adrie

as for the inspection....that is to let buyer check and ensure that seller only move out those *unfix* stuffs......as for those fixtures, sellers are not to dismantle and move out.

Also, to check for any leakage or whatsoever.... ;)

To all the EM owners here,

Can I check what do you use to cool your living area ?

1. Portable Air Con unit

2. Ceiling Fan/Stand Fan

3. Air Con Split system

as its a resale flat that i have bought, the existing is only 3 system which do not covers the living area. I was also told that its a waste of money to have air con unit in living room because of the large area.

So i was thinking what could be the best method of cooling the living room area.

As we have bought a chandelier for our living room, ceiling fan is out.

Any other ideas?

anthylau,

Air conditioning the house is a big challenge for us. HDB doesnt allow us to have 2 compressors. So we installed a system 4 and have 2 portable aircons. It takes 2 spilt units and 2 portable to cool the living and dining area. If we switch on aircon on the lower level, cant on the upper level :( Anyway, electricity is so expensive nowadays so we hardly on the aircon on the lower level.

Hello88,

Cool .... 50 members!!!

as for the inspection....that is to let buyer check and ensure that seller only move out those *unfix* stuffs......as for those fixtures, sellers are not to dismantle and move out.

Also, to check for any leakage or whatsoever.... ;)

cialat..i oso dunno wat should remain in the house..i knoe dat time he mentioned briefly, those unmovable 1s like ceiling lights etc..he will not take.

another super cialat..i forgot to check for leaks at all 3 toilets,kitchen etc... :bangwall:

reali hope no leaks..if got leak.how ah? :unsure:

cialat..i oso dunno wat should remain in the house..i knoe dat time he mentioned briefly, those unmovable 1s like ceiling lights etc..he will not take.

another super cialat..i forgot to check for leaks at all 3 toilets,kitchen etc... :bangwall:

reali hope no leaks..if got leak.how ah? :unsure:

as a guide, i think most sellers would leave whatever stated in the valuation report intact. But i ever heard of sellers requesting to remove the split-unit air cons but not sure how true to that. For me, when I was selling my 4-room flat the other time, I asked the lady who came to do my valuation report not to include my enamel kitchen cabinet and the wall fan in my MBR as I knew I would be removing that.

checks before 2nd appointment? I'm not sure about leaks and rectifying them. Was briefly told my the HDB officer that HDB would ensure that all illegal reno had been removed during the their inspection after the 1st appointment. Nothing much could be done or expected of the seller when buyer go for the inspection before 2nd appointment. Unless there's dispute raised by the buyer during the said inspection that the seller had purposely damaged this and that before the handing over of keys in front of the HDB officer during 2nd appt.

In fact, as buyers, really cant do much if seller wanna cause damage to the unit before handing over the keys to us. One of my relative bought a private property and was very shocked that the seller actually used a sharp object to dig and scratch the parquet flooring in the MBR after moving out. I personally saw the damage...it was really deep as though the seller was trying to dig a little drainage right in the middle of the MBR.

Remember the heavily tenanted EM I mentioned couple of pages ago? Seller already moved out, took abt 3 lorries to shift out the stuff and yet some of the PRC tenants are still staying in the unit with plenty of stuff inside. Guess what? The worst scenario had happened!

XXXXXXX, #XX-XXXXX, O$P$ was written on the walls outside the lift lobby yesterday. Think yet to go thru the 1st appointment. If I'm the buyer, I think I'll forgo my deposit.

Remember the heavily tenanted EM I mentioned couple of pages ago? Seller already moved out, took abt 3 lorries to shift out the stuff and yet some of the PRC tenants are still staying in the unit with plenty of stuff inside. Guess what? The worst scenario had happened!

XXXXXXX, #XX-XXXXX, O$P$ was written on the walls outside the lift lobby yesterday. Think yet to go thru the 1st appointment. If I'm the buyer, I think I'll forgo my deposit.

I think the worst nightmare that everyone fears is the O$P$ sort of things. Imagine after having paid so much $$ for buying the house, renovation & shifting in etc... then come one day, your beautifully painted/ installed door got a "new coat of paint"... :bangwall:

Anyway, I think if the seller really wanna be mean and out to sabo, it's really hard to prevent. Buyer may go inspect the house a day before the 2nd appointment... everything is in order. The seller can still "destroy" things on the morning, or the hr before going for the 2nd appointment. Perhaps like cutting the electrical wire, or tel line, removing some screws from windows, kitchen cabinets, etc... Unless buyers do a complete overhaul, else such acts can be quite a pain too.

hi hi to all ;)

good morning!

it's THURS....and tmrw is TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

i can smell wkends coming.....and, i'll be bz over the wkends also.....keke ;)

how's everyone here?

Hi All, I am waiting to collect my keys to my em on 18th Aug! I got an em at sunset way area

Trying to get a few quotations as I am planning to do up the place even though the flat is in a rather good condition.

Will post some pictures of my place when I get the keys on 18th! I just cant wait for the day to come. Hee

Hi All, I am waiting to collect my keys to my em on 18th Aug! I got an em at sunset way area

Trying to get a few quotations as I am planning to do up the place even though the flat is in a rather good condition.

Will post some pictures of my place when I get the keys on 18th! I just cant wait for the day to come. Hee

hi hi,

CONGRATS!

yes yes, post and share pix withus...and we all share reno info and researches here :)

hello88,

please update....now we have 51members!!!!!!!!!!

yeah yeah.............. :dancingqueen: