Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi GMC & all EM owners here in this thread,

This is Byron. Great to chanced upon this site and especially this thread for renovation and so many like minded people... kekeke.... all proud home owners. It will be great to learn and benefit from all your experiences and knowledges for EM renovations etc...

Just bought a EM, and now in the works of renovation. Will post details later.

To GMC,

Nice renovation!

I saw you have the following and would like to ask for your kind assistance to the supplier/ contractors contacts and how much they cost you:

1. Wrought Iron as you mentioned earlier for Gate & Stairs Rail

2. Glass Stairs Rail

3. Pull out Clothes Hanger

I been seraching for a while similar to what you have. care to share how much and if its useful.

Can you also pass me your contact? Thanks.

4. False Ceiling.

Thanks GMC in advance.

I just installed a wall-mount laundry system with 6 extendable poles for $490 include delivery & installation.

The cheapest quote I got for wrought iron staircase rail was $1460 but I opt to paint over the existing rails in the end. Can't remember what's the measurement of my staircase rail.

The cheapest quote I got for wrought iron gate was $250 include 3 computerised keys, delivery, dismantling existing & installation. Additional duplicate key @ $5 each.

For those moving house, you can ask for free supply of carton boxes (mixture of new & reused), masking tapes, clothe racks (for clothings that you don't want to pack into boxes & have to iron again) at no extra charge.

PM me if you want the contacts of any of these.

Can someone share the photos of the awning they did for the roof of their balcony, and the estimated cost? I can't decide what to do......

Edited by LLCC

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just installed a wall-mount laundry system with 6 extendable poles for $490 include delivery & installation.

The cheapest quote I got for wrought iron staircase rail was $1460 but I opt to paint over the existing rails in the end. Can't remember what's the measurement of my staircase rail.

The cheapest quote I got for wrought iron gate was $250 include 3 computerised keys, delivery, dismantling existing & installation. Additional duplicate key @ $5 each.

For those moving house, you can ask for free supply of carton boxes (mixture of new & reused), masking tapes, clothe racks (for clothings that you don't want to pack into boxes & have to iron again) at no extra charge.

PM me if you want the contacts of any of these.

Can someone share the photos of the awning they did for the roof of their balcony, and the estimated cost? I can't decide what to do......

I got only one pic to show on the awning:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...16088&st=80

Thanks! I can't find the awning in your quotation. What material is that? Is it retractable? How much was it?

The contractor called it roofing at 2.8k, not those retractable, using treated wood and german tiles. Need to apply permit from HDB.

Thanks! I can't find the awning in your quotation. What material is that? Is it retractable? How much was it?

Hilo,

I done my aluminum roller shutter at 2.6K a yr ago and it have a push button for controlling the shutter up and down, it have kind of '3' great functions. 1) Security, difficult to break in (I didn't install any grill and window yet enjoying the Full ht of the EM) 2) When close completely, it have tiny holes for ventilation when rains 3) When close tightly, prevent the heavy stormy rains pouring in.

Hope its helps.

Eh..realise i nvr post my layout..hehe

I dun like the bathroom layout oso,cannot put shower screen..

oso i prefer hav balcony in front of kitchen..can make into laundry room.hehe.

but wat the heck..enjoy wat u have..hehe

f4r2c5.jpg

ur layout is almost similar to mine.... :dancingqueen:

Take pic show us the doggie!!!!!!!!! :dancingqueen:

Sorry I took such a long time...

Let me side track a little...

Greddys is about 7 month old

Been doing alot of settling down for it...

Pics as requested~ :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_0078.jpg

Swimming

SDC11350.jpg

Greddys trying to disturb my husband driving

SDC11362.jpg

Dressing up like my hubby

=D

Hilo,

I done my aluminum roller shutter at 2.6K a yr ago and it have a push button for controlling the shutter up and down, it have kind of '3' great functions. 1) Security, difficult to break in (I didn't install any grill and window yet enjoying the Full ht of the EM) 2) When close completely, it have tiny holes for ventilation when rains 3) When close tightly, prevent the heavy stormy rains pouring in.

Hope its helps.

Hi Yuntlh,

Can you PM me the contact of your roller shutter vendor? So far any rustiness?

Thanks!

Sorry I took such a long time...

Let me side track a little...

Greddys is about 7 month old

Been doing alot of settling down for it...

Pics as requested~ :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_0078.jpg

Swimming

SDC11350.jpg

Greddys trying to disturb my husband driving

SDC11362.jpg

Dressing up like my hubby

=D

handsome boy....

Hi Guys,

Check with ur, anyone did L-box and false ceilings? How many downlights did ur have if u did L-box? I'm currently budgeting for lights, and am not too sure how to go about estimating the number of downlights I need. :(

Hi Guys,

Check with ur, anyone did L-box and false ceilings? How many downlights did ur have if u did L-box? I'm currently budgeting for lights, and am not too sure how to go about estimating the number of downlights I need. :(

Use double tube, think is 18w x 2

living room x 6

Master bed room x 6

Bed rooms each x 4

living room to dinning room walk way x 2

Hi Guys,

I have

Hall: 12 x 18W (3 alternate switches)

dinning: 4 x 28W (i think) + 1 set of Chantelleria

Walkway btw Hall & dinning: 2 sets of 3 Halogen lights

Entrance: 1 set of 2 Halogen Lights

Stairswell: 1 set of 2 Tangsten lights Lanterns

Reno not completed yet so I cant comment on the lighting effects yet. cheers

Use double tube, think is 18w x 2

living room x 6

Master bed room x 6

Bed rooms each x 4

living room to dinning room walk way x 2

Tks for the rely! But paiseh, double tube meaning those downlights with 2 bulbs? That means it's those large downlights?

I have

Hall: 12 x 18W (3 alternate switches)

dinning: 4 x 28W (i think) + 1 set of Chantelleria

Walkway btw Hall & dinning: 2 sets of 3 Halogen lights

Entrance: 1 set of 2 Halogen Lights

Stairswell: 1 set of 2 Tangsten lights Lanterns

Reno not completed yet so I cant comment on the lighting effects yet. cheers

Tks for the reply!

Hmm.. so that means the size of ur downlights are different in Living room/hall and dining?

May I know how much it cost (be it each light or total cost)?

Tks for the rely! But paiseh, double tube meaning those downlights with 2 bulbs? That means it's those large downlights?

Tks for the reply!

Hmm.. so that means the size of ur downlights are different in Living room/hall and dining?

May I know how much it cost (be it each light or total cost)?

Yes down light with 2 bulbs and they are not really large, i'm using square ones, its about 6" x 6" cost arount $28. If u want smaller than 6", then go for spot lights, halogen lights.

Edited by chronograph