Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi EMers,

Does anyone have a staircase railing that looks like this?

cablerailsjw5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Thought it is a nice solution to have cable railings as it is easy to clean and simple looking, but my contractor's quote of $5k for it put a dampener to the idea. Will appreciate if anyone has contacts to build this, or have comments about this system? thanks!

(Picture taken from http://www.ultra-tec.com/)

Edited by happywolfie

I exercised my OTP. Now waiting for the evaluation of flat ...

Wah! Congrates! Hehhe, waiting to hear the good news from you. :) Yay.. now can slowly start to look at the reno that u would like for your future home. :P

In the midst of getting a contractor...only got 1 quote so far and 3 others coming in soon...will see how it goes from there.

Wonder if these will be enough for me to make a final decision...or is it the more the merrier?

Will hope to set up a T-blog soon, but after I got my contractor lah. Otherwise nothing to blog about too ha.

Updating progress here, oso keep thread alive.

So happy, this saturday is the last day for the previous owner to shift out. I have charged them 1k for 2 weeks rental previously. If they wanna extend oso i dun mind..hehe.. :P

Bz studying for my exam now..no mood to think about house.

Renovation. Mine is more or less done... just some minor touch up here and there and lots of cleaning up to do.

This weekend will be my first delivery.

Only thing that hasn't finalize is installation of curtains, which is not on my critical path :)

Morning!

I'm the same with happywolfie, getting quotations. Going for 2nd appt 29Dec, and will allow the sellers to move out by 5th Jan 09. So should be starting renos around that time as well.

Check with your, when will be a good time for me to ask the sellers to allow me to bring contractors/IDs up to the house to take actual measurements? Should I do so after 2nd appt or before that? After 2nd appt will be holiday leh (NYE and NY) leh. Nobody will wana work during that time.. :(

Edited by Angel81

Harlow! Keys collection should be on 29Dec (during 2nd appt). But we'll be allowing the sellers to stay till 5Jan, cuz holiday period, make them shift out like very bad like tat mah. Hehehe..

Thanks for invitation! I'll be sure to take up your offer. hehehe.. :yamseng:

u stay in mei ling st?

My frd told me dunno where,tink in mei ling..the bedrooms is actually on the 1st floor. So the main door is acherli on 2nd floor.

isit true?

u stay in mei ling st?

My frd told me dunno where,tink in mei ling..the bedrooms is actually on the 1st floor. So the main door is acherli on 2nd floor.

isit true?

Woh!! If it's really true, please share pics!!! So that means the stairs are going down instead of up! Cools sia! I tink somewhere in this thread, got sme1 sae their aunt or sth stay at mei ling st EM as well. And that the bedrms are at lvl1 instead of lvl2. Very happening! :P