Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

wow,......i din know Mei Ling st EMs so happening siah!

really hope to see the floor plan and pix of such EM.

very interesting!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

Any good recommendation, I am going to reno my mansionette, it coming to 12 yrs old at Mei Ling St

Hi care to post your floorplan, maybe then we can contribute n provide my opinion n suggestions for ur considerations....Between it will be good on ur part to also brainstorm the following for ur purpose n benefits:

1. Budget

2. Priority in Renovation works

3. Time frame and schedule for renovation

4. Concept n Theme of renovation including: colour scheme, general material to be used etc

5. Transitional arrangement for household - ie where will you live during reno period n other such arrangement.

Hope the above helps. :dancingqueen:

:dancingqueen: Pls post your floorplan, maybe then we can contribute n provide opinion n suggestions

1. What do you plan of doing ? :sport-smiley-018:

2. Concept n Theme ? :P

:deal::good:

Hi all

Any good recommendation, I am going to reno my mansionette, it coming to 12 yrs old at Mei Ling St

Dunno wanna b hapi or sad...agent call me previous owner asking for 2 more weeks extension..based on existing rental rate. He say owner new flat not ready.Haiz..wat can i say..chase them out meh.

2nd appointment - 8/10/08 (so by rite is start extension on 8/10 or 9/10?)

I gave them 1 month extension FOC so should start charging by 8/11/08 - 21/11/08 which is today...but agent say sat..hmm.then extend 2 more weeks(14 days) i calculate is tis date but agent say is another date.which is 16 days away based on 22/11/08 onwards. Now arguing with him...& to tink he take my comm 2.To me like they trying to gain watever they can..

This wat happen if dun have proper black & white...suka2 extend..lucky got charge them..juz cant imagine if i gave them free..tink they will take forever to move out.

Updating progress here, oso keep thread alive.

So happy, this saturday is the last day for the previous owner to shift out. I have charged them 1k for 2 weeks rental previously. If they wanna extend oso i dun mind..hehe.. :P

Bz studying for my exam now..no mood to think about house.

wahaha, never had they imagine a day they'll need to 'rent' their own house,but still cheaper then hotel sia,should charge more ma. earn back the cov.haha. if they stay another mth you can buy Brunswick tables without feeling any pinch liao. haha. :notti:

Dunno wanna b hapi or sad...agent call me previous owner asking for 2 more weeks extension..based on existing rental rate. He say owner new flat not ready.Haiz..wat can i say..chase them out meh.

I gave them 1 month extension FOC so should start charging by 8/11/08 - 21/11/08 which is today...but agent say sat..hmm.then extend 2 more weeks(14 days) i calculate is tis date but agent say is another date.which is 16 days away based on 22/11/08 onwards. Now arguing with him...& to tink he take my comm 2.To me like they trying to gain watever they can..

This wat happen if dun have proper black & white...suka2 extend..lucky got charge them..juz cant imagine if i gave them free..tink they will take forever to move out.

Hmm.. I believe the agent start counting the 1mth FOC extension from 9/10 bah. That's why till the dates to charge will end on 22/11 (Sat). If extend another 2 wks, then their last day at the place should be 6Dec.

Don't be too soft. After all, u r the owner of the place liao. Agent is agent. U should have the final say. Maybe u can inconvenient them by bringing contractors up to the place to take measurements etc, even thou u r not gg to renovate so soon. haha :P Then they may feel paiseh and faster shift.

Is your agent serving you as the the buyer to this EM (as the new Owner) as well as the Seller of the EM? If yes theres conflict of interest and he may be takinbg side to the seller... as such, you may wan to be tougher... insist ur way on being reasonable on it... and since you are paying the agent, let him work it work and fight for you....

Dont get too soft and give way... after all you pay.. they recieve - Both of them...

THe agent is the buyer's agent...not mine. Both are malay uncles, old enough to be my father. From the way they talk & act to each other i tink both of them are friends.

Dats the reason y agent cannot get both sides' commission. He sided the seller more than me...

Anyway i will calculate the num of days from the day after 2nd appt. Based on 31 days month.

THe agent is the buyer's agent...not mine. Both are malay uncles, old enough to be my father. From the way they talk & act to each other i tink both of them are friends.

Dats the reason y agent cannot get both sides' commission. He sided the seller more than me...

Anyway i will calculate the num of days from the day after 2nd appt. Based on 31 days month.

Based on 31 days? I heard from my agent that it's usually on 30 days. Hehehe.. Not sure if it's true la, but u may wana consider. :) After all, Nov has only 30 days. :P

Hi All...

My 2nd Appointment ill be on 5th Dec... But owner only passing me the key on 5thJan =D

Mean time... sit and wait bah =D

Edited by Hiera

ya la..some months got 30 days only..but i give in bit la..calculate based on number of days in a 31 day month..

I have problem gg in renotalk 4 1day+..any1 got tis problem..

Wah! Congrates! Hehhe, waiting to hear the good news from you. :) Yay.. now can slowly start to look at the reno that u would like for your future home. :P

The flat evaluation is out and i am paying below evaluation... so :dancingqueen: .

ya la..some months got 30 days only..but i give in bit la..calculate based on number of days in a 31 day month..

I have problem gg in renotalk 4 1day+..any1 got tis problem..

Yupz! I had pblm going in on Friday.

Hehehe.. So have u confirmed when ur sellers going to shift out?

The flat evaluation is out and i am paying below evaluation... so :dancingqueen: .

Wah! Good for u! hehehe.. congrates congrates. Have u submit ur application already? :P

Angel81 etc,

I find that it might save you an appointment if you make your first meeting with your contractor/ID at your new place, so that you can straightaway show them what you want. Otherwise if first meeting meet them at office, still have to go your place see, then meet then again get quotation etc etc...like that each contractor/ID meet min 3 times can die...

Still waiting to finalise quotes...all in 50+k range cos I taking down everything...

I do not know wen previous owner is leaving..

dat time after 2nd appointment..say will try leave less than 1mth after 2nd appt..then took 1month..ask 4 2 weeks extension which i charged. Now another 2 weeks...same rental rate.dunno another 2 weeks will extend again or not.

Lucky I dont need the house urgently..if not i would have chase them out of the house.