Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
went down yishun with my gf polly to see mr yeak...he seems to have good knowledge in reno houses.

my new house is in very poor state...have to redo the following things

1)hack n retile whole house plus 3 toilets and 1 kitchen and balcony

2)change windows and grills

3)rewire whole house

4)2 wardrobes in mbr

5)1 kitchen cabinet

6)paint whole house

budget is pretty tight...so far got qoutations between 57k to 40k....dunno how much mr yeak will qoute.

Haha! Small world! I'm sure with familyof4's hb's recommendation, ah soon will give u a very good quote. I rem her quote was pretty cheap for so many works! :)

Like wat mace wrote, hack & retile whole house is pretty x. Think that will be the most x part of the whole reno. Hehe, but it'll be good to do all once and for all, and not have to worry about them in the future.

Hope tat Yeak will give u a gd quote! :D

I am actually familyof4's husband's colleague....this friday will go down to their house in pasir ris to meet ah soon.....hehe

Will be expecting u...be prepared to wait for a while....

Yes, it is behind the coffe shop.. the lift is ready now luckily as i am on the walk up. :) i got it at 41X... urs?

the valuation is 425k and i paid 10k cash.. so total 435k lor..

that was b4 the economy crash lahh.. so 10k cash during last September is a steal liao..

we bought it cos its a high floor corner with a "L" shaped recess area, and amazingly, very windy, til i need to sweep floor everyday... o.0"

The wind comes from the mountain side de.. so okie lor

But the reno of my house is dam terok lah.. 1st floor is those normal tiles though the 2nd floor is the parquet flooring..

Den i got no nice view also...

Is your unit far from the kopitiam?

Yeah luckily the lift is out, and the previous owner paid for the lift le.. ah boh .. should be very ex given the number of household sharing the lift-cost.

There are a few nice unit at your block... remarkaby the one with the resort style de.. =D~~ *drools..

I like our area alot, cos its very near MRT, yet, no noise at all...

Its like a quite corner in a busy town...

food is North-South-East-West, everywhere.. Hhehee...

Everyday eat dinner from different kopitiam..

But a little problem with the parking, its kinda hard to park nearer to ur block, most available lots will be nearer to the Police post de.. =(

Edited by Hiera

by the way, near your place, there is a provision shop which sells soft drinks like coke and stuff like that .. for oni 45c each =p

good for a weekly stock up...

Called 2 well known contractors in renotalk, Mr Yeak & Ah Soon.coz my In law wanna do some renovation on the unit but problem is the family is still staying there wen renovation is gg on. Both contractor warn dat its gonna be messy & dirty.

Ah Soon - Seems super bz, called him at 11pm & he still at some customer place discussing quotation but he did called me back later. "arranged" with me to come down tomorrow noon. Really wonder will he come down or not coz he seem like got alot of appointment. He ask me confirm again later. Don't dare tell my inlaw because they are those who will honour appointments type & b pissed if kena "play out".

Then just now called him again, ask him whether he can come dwn 2nite, he say he try but very bz. Say will call back again. I really wonder does he know who I am..haha.

Mr Yeak - Seems more organised, say next week then free. Ask me leave an sms with address. So he can arrange a time to come down quote.

Mr Yeak! Go for Mr Yeak! hehehehehe... :P He's a good choice. No regrets so far. :P But I think Uncle Soon will be slightly cheaper if go by the quotes they gave familyof4. :D

the valuation is 425k and i paid 10k cash.. so total 435k lor..

that was b4 the economy crash lahh.. so 10k cash during last September is a steal liao..

we bought it cos its a high floor corner with a "L" shaped recess area, and amazingly, very windy, til i need to sweep floor everyday... o.0"

The wind comes from the mountain side de.. so okie lor

But the reno of my house is dam terok lah.. 1st floor is those normal tiles though the 2nd floor is the parquet flooring..

Den i got no nice view also...

Is your unit far from the kopitiam?

Yeah luckily the lift is out, and the previous owner paid for the lift le.. ah boh .. should be very ex given the number of household sharing the lift-cost.

There are a few nice unit at your block... remarkaby the one with the resort style de.. =D~~ *drools..

I like our area alot, cos its very near MRT, yet, no noise at all...

Its like a quite corner in a busy town...

food is North-South-East-West, everywhere.. Hhehee...

Everyday eat dinner from different kopitiam..

But a little problem with the parking, its kinda hard to park nearer to ur block, most available lots will be nearer to the Police post de.. =(

I think 435 for high floor/windy/EM with big access area is a good price :) I will be basically hacking every part of the house as well. And my reno will cost me probably abt 50K (Given by my ID). I do like the place as it also give me a little resort feeling and yes, it is near the MRT, food, etc. I am just thinking can i get use to it as i am currently staying at 15th floor windy with a very nice view seeing malaysia fireworks few time a year. I will miss it...

Yes, i also think parking seem to be a concern as it is open and limited lot. :(

Called 2 well known contractors in renotalk, Mr Yeak & Ah Soon.coz my In law wanna do some renovation on the unit but problem is the family is still staying there wen renovation is gg on. Both contractor warn dat its gonna be messy & dirty.

Ah Soon - Seems super bz, called him at 11pm & he still at some customer place discussing quotation but he did called me back later. "arranged" with me to come down tomorrow noon. Really wonder will he come down or not coz he seem like got alot of appointment. He ask me confirm again later. Don't dare tell my inlaw because they are those who will honour appointments type & b pissed if kena "play out".

Then just now called him again, ask him whether he can come dwn 2nite, he say he try but very bz. Say will call back again. I really wonder does he know who I am..haha.

Mr Yeak - Seems more organised, say next week then free. Ask me leave an sms with address. So he can arrange a time to come down quote.

\

Part of uncle's package with the price tag is he forgets appointments :P We were all prepared. But when reno starts, tell him porblems he will check and rectify really fast :)

Angel recommended Yeak. I think it's good too. Cos her house is prettily done :)

I think 435 for high floor/windy/EM with big access area is a good price :) I will be basically hacking every part of the house as well. And my reno will cost me probably abt 50K (Given by my ID). I do like the place as it also give me a little resort feeling and yes, it is near the MRT, food, etc. I am just thinking can i get use to it as i am currently staying at 15th floor windy with a very nice view seeing malaysia fireworks few time a year. I will miss it...

Yes, i also think parking seem to be a concern as it is open and limited lot. :(

When u get keys le.. invite me over to see leh...

Since we are neighbours Hhee...

U can come up my place to see lah.. but i nv reno, still saving hard cash...

When u get keys le.. invite me over to see leh...

Since we are neighbours Hhee...

U can come up my place to see lah.. but i nv reno, still saving hard cash...

435, dun need reno and can move in is really a steal! The condition must be quite ok since i see that you are also renting out the rooms. I will be burning my pockets for the reno :(

Ya, we love neighbours, in fact the thing i will miss most is my existing neightbours when we moved. Can come over play MJ, if u are interested..hehehe

435, dun need reno and can move in is really a steal! The condition must be quite ok since i see that you are also renting out the rooms. I will be burning my pockets for the reno :(

Ya, we love neighbours, in fact the thing i will miss most is my existing neightbours when we moved. Can come over play MJ, if u are interested..hehehe

I would love to!

Didnt have a chance to play at my place cos nid to spare a consideration for my tenants also...

Hmm my place de fixtures, actually okie only lahh...

In fact, better den whaT i saw when i was viewing the place... maybe due to the old furnitures the prev owner had..

I rented all the spare rooms out with its existing fixture, didnt even bother to paint the walls for them.. =p

btw, in event that anyone interested in reno loans, i saw from Square Rooms that RHB is offering 3% interest...

For me, i no nid all the rooms now, so use it to earn some spare cash for future renos lo =D ...

btw, u kip dogs?

Gombak seem like a doggie town to me.. =D

I would love to!

btw, u kip dogs?

Gombak seem like a doggie town to me.. =D

Great :) Yes, we do have a cocker. We used to have 3, but after our kids come along..we have no choice but to gave 2 away... So now only left 1 cocker.

In 1 day,we met 2 contractors.was worried wen è 1st contractor like draggin 4 nearly 2hours and tryin make my father in law sign.

Was worried coz ah soon waiting,scared he ciao.end up i went to c a house he was renovating nearby,very nice guy.smoking and chit chat 2gether.hehe.

He went view,took note of wat we wanted.gave quotation on è spot in half hr and it was cheaper by 5k than a well known contractor quote.my father in law love him so much.he close deal on spot and was arranging wit him when can start reno.

Havnt even meet mr yeak.was suppose meet him nex week.

In 1 day,we met 2 contractors.was worried wen è 1st contractor like draggin 4 nearly 2hours and tryin make my father in law sign.

Was worried coz ah soon waiting,scared he ciao.end up i went to c a house he was renovating nearby,very nice guy.smoking and chit chat 2gether.hehe.

He went view,took note of wat we wanted.gave quotation on è spot in half hr and it was cheaper by 5k than a well known contractor quote.my father in law love him so much.he close deal on spot and was arranging wit him when can start reno.

Havnt even meet mr yeak.was suppose meet him nex week.

wow, seems like u are one lucky soul close the deal with uncle so soon!

Uncle is undoubtly a very nice and chin chye contractor ;) hope to have more updates soon :)