Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

YA, just saw an ads a few days ago for the Bishan Penthouse. The reno very chio. Very Resort and Cosy Look.... SOLD for $750K!

Gosh, nowadays HDB so expensive. :(

To think that Bisha flat easily 20 years old. So you are sinking in a $750K hdb that have about 75 years of leasehold left. Don't know worth it or not.

But then the location is definitely solid, considering that Bishan is an interchange and so many good schools there....

Your friend's 600K+ definitely worth it sia. Heh, you don't happen to have the layout do you? I've very interested to see the layout leh, but so far nobody has it.

Unfortunately no, I don't have the floor plan. That Bishan penthouse belongs to friend's friend, I happened to be in my friend's house & tagged along to visit the penthouse cos' I was so curious. The big difference is the view. Imagine a bedroom or study room with a sky view (good for daydreaming), or having a drink or BBQ with friends at the L-shaped open air balcony with a sky view (so cool!). You're basically paying a premium for the view. EM is rare. EM with such a view is lagi rare. Private condo unit at $750K price range cannot offer such a view. My guess is those who go for such unit are ex-private property owners who are retirees with spare cash and have plenty of time to seat at home & sip tea & chat with their spouse & friends. A convenient location where they can shop for necessities is important too.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
It has been sometime since i update my status on my EM. The renovation started offcially on the 10th of JUne of work only get started on the 13th as 10th is a friday and i only get my keys late in the night. It has been quite a worried for me n my wife as my ID has less then 4 weeks to complete the job. My reno consist of the following;

1) Hack whole house floor

2) Hack all 3 toilets - Wall, floor, wc, etc

3) Hack kitchen - wall, floor, cabinet, etc

4) Plaster whole house

5) Make striaght wall corners

6) Redo kitchen wall, floor

7) Redo dining/living wall floor

8) Laminate whole 2nd lever (rooms, etc)

9) Kitchen cabinet

10) walk in wardrobes

11) Platform at balcony

12) Painting whole house

13) redo all 3 toilets (vanity top, bath tub, etc )

14) Lighting

15) Change all doors

16) New box ups/ false wall, wall features, etc

17) Dunoe if i miss out anythg

This friday is the date my ID target to return me the key to the house. Things seem to be going as scheduled. I am excited and worried at the same time as i m looking forward to the day of completion and at the same time, worry about if all can be as smooth. I am due to hand over my keys to my buyer of my house too. If i dont have a house to stay by the 11th, me n my family will be bunking at some hotels liao :D

OK! that's the kind of changes I'm going to do with my EM if I ever get one as well.... The question is.... How much is ur reno gonna cost? :D

Unfortunately no, I don't have the floor plan. That Bishan penthouse belongs to friend's friend, I happened to be in my friend's house & tagged along to visit the penthouse cos' I was so curious. The big difference is the view. Imagine a bedroom or study room with a sky view (good for daydreaming), or having a drink or BBQ with friends at the L-shaped open air balcony with a sky view (so cool!). You're basically paying a premium for the view. EM is rare. EM with such a view is lagi rare. Private condo unit at $750K price range cannot offer such a view. My guess is those who go for such unit are ex-private property owners who are retirees with spare cash and have plenty of time to seat at home & sip tea & chat with their spouse & friends. A convenient location where they can shop for necessities is important too.

View is nice, but for me, I've always love my garden. I've built a platform for my planter. Unfortunately, becuase its blocked by my full length tinted window and not enough sunlight... My bamboo didn't grow well, they all turned brown, so I pulled them all out.

If I get a nice EM Penthouse next time, I can grow my bamboo on the rooftop garden, hee!

View is nice, but for me, I've always love my garden. I've built a platform for my planter. Unfortunately, becuase its blocked by my full length tinted window and not enough sunlight... My bamboo didn't grow well, they all turned brown, so I pulled them all out.

If I get a nice EM Penthouse next time, I can grow my bamboo on the rooftop garden, hee!

Oh, we have a bamboo tree too! We didn't built a roof over our service balcony so our tall bamboo can stay in the open & get the sunlight. Every morning there'll be a bird perching & "singing" on our bamboo tree. The bamboo tree was seated along the corridor in our previous flat. We had problem moving it to our EM cos' it's too tall to get into the lift. We had to tie rope around the pot and lower it slower down our previous flat, with someone on every floor to catch hold of it & keep it in position. We used the same method to lift it up to our EM flat but gave up after it reached the 4th floor as it was too heavy & the angle of lifting is not very right. In the end, LL & his 3 friends took turns to hand carry it on their shoulder & walked up the stair case to the 10th floor!

With a rooftop garden, you can line the side with bamboo trees to create a piece of nature in your own house, lovely!

Oh, we have a bamboo tree too! We didn't built a roof over our service balcony so our tall bamboo can stay in the open & get the sunlight. Every morning there'll be a bird perching & "singing" on our bamboo tree. The bamboo tree was seated along the corridor in our previous flat. We had problem moving it to our EM cos' it's too tall to get into the lift. We had to tie rope around the pot and lower it slower down our previous flat, with someone on every floor to catch hold of it & keep it in position. We used the same method to lift it up to our EM flat but gave up after it reached the 4th floor as it was too heavy & the angle of lifting is not very right. In the end, LL & his 3 friends took turns to hand carry it on their shoulder & walked up the stair case to the 10th floor!

With a rooftop garden, you can line the side with bamboo trees to create a piece of nature in your own house, lovely!

Mine is not a Balcony. Currently living in a 4room flat :) heh.

So my planter is actually built by me in my living room. There is a tinted full length window. Furthermore, we don't get direct sunlight. I guess that's why the bamboo up lorry :(

Do u want to make a guess? :rolleyes:

Oh man, when someone ask you a question like this.... It must be really ex...

I'm thinking of only saving $50k for such renovation. Your kinda reno looks more like 80k type!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/sme...lanModified.jpg

Hi All

My mansionette is something like the floor plan above whereby the living room on 1st floor is my master bedroom on the 2nd floor. On the 1st floor, there is a balcony with a tiled roof that overlooks my master bedroom on 2nd floor.

Instead of just a tiled rooftop for the 1st floor balcony, I wanted to turn it into 2 balconies, 1 for each floor. Meaning I will hack the window for my master bedroom, install either a sliding or foldable door and construct a floor on that space which was previously the tiled roof. Some condos have this kind of balcony attached to the master bedroom. I was thinking if I can do the same for my mansionette. I wondered if any mansionette owners did have such a renovation before for their own unit. Please provide feedback if this idea is feasible or if HDB will approve of such a renovation/construction.

Edited by PsyNidE

Hi All

My mansionette is something like the floor plan above whereby the living room on 1st floor is my master bedroom on the 2nd floor. On the 1st floor, there is a balcony with a tiled roof that overlooks my master bedroom on 2nd floor.

Instead of just a tiled rooftop for the 1st floor balcony, I wanted to turn it into 2 balconies, 1 for each floor. Meaning I will hack the window for my master bedroom, install either a sliding or foldable door and construct a floor on that space which was previously the tiled roof. Some condos have this kind of balcony attached to the master bedroom. I was thinking if I can do the same for my mansionette. I wondered if any mansionette owners did have such a renovation before for their own unit. Please provide feedback if this idea is feasible or if HDB will approve of such a renovation/construction.

I have similar idea too but anything mark void in the floor plan stays void, u cannot increased

the floor size, like constructing a platform on the void area. All stated in HDB.

Oh man, when someone ask you a question like this.... It must be really ex...

I'm thinking of only saving $50k for such renovation. Your kinda reno looks more like 80k type!

My first ID quote me like what u mentioned 80K, estimate completion might hit 90K. But luckily i met another ID that is able to do it your budget. :)

My first ID quote me like what u mentioned 80K, estimate completion might hit 90K. But luckily i met another ID that is able to do it your budget. :)

Wow...that sounds cool!

Wow...that sounds cool!

Quite a responsible ID as well. i went down to look at the reno today as i am suppose to collect my keys on Fri/Sat. I met him on Site to check on the works n he pointed out to me on places that need touch up and explained to me on the progress. As it is also given to him a short period, i saw him allocating many guys on site to do multiple stuffs concurrently in order to complete in time. In short, till date we are really quite happy to engage him :)

Hi All

An eastate at my area sign a petition for this.. but failed.. cos cannot increase floor area =D

No wonder i see the floor plan so familiar.. even the kitchen wall is hacked too.. Qi Shi = mine de =p

Xia4 Dao4

Hehe .. that's why I said the floor plan is something like mine. I don't have my own exact floor plan so I borrow others for illustration purposes ... hehe paiseh.