Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

IMO, if it is in the original state then i will try to nego down the COV. If u r to overhaul whole EM, u r looking at >50k.

I also wish to nego down the COV, but I'm afraid that the more time I used, the lesser chance that I can get the unit. :(

Cos the owner was going to have another open house and someone might just shoot another offer higher than $45k, then I'll not be able to afford to come out more cash. :unsure:

The last offer is $42k and the owner wishes to close deal at $45k. After dicussing with my wife, we decided to buy it cos we really like the location of the unit. :P

Signed OTP, now waiting for 1st appt date. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I also wish to nego down the COV, but I'm afraid that the more time I used, the lesser chance that I can get the unit. :(

Cos the owner was going to have another open house and someone might just shoot another offer higher than $45k, then I'll not be able to afford to come out more cash. :unsure:

The last offer is $42k and the owner wishes to close deal at $45k. After dicussing with my wife, we decided to buy it cos we really like the location of the unit. :P

Signed OTP, now waiting for 1st appt date. ;)

If that's the market COV around that area then there is nothing much can be done but to give in on the asking COV if the place is right.

I remembered i walked away from a few units EM in BB/BG as the asking COV was 60k up. I tried 45k, the market COV at that time but couldn;t deal. Might be a blessing in disguised as not long i found my current place within comfort COV. Searching for houses can be very painful.

I neighbour just sold his for 500k plus.

HI all,

I got my Em in Teban Garden overlooking the reserviour last July. Just finished renovated n moved in this month.

value= 394k

cov=11k

damage for renov 80k

Great view but transport can be a hassle.... no issue if u drive.

jtcp82:

The locations is http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...vel_site_84256/

5 mins walk: Wet market, 2 coffee shops, police post, Community centre

15 mins walk: Kovan heartland mall, MRT

Think ammenity wise quite ok ba.

beachfox:

I was in the same situation as u. Quite dramatic in fact.

Seller's agent does not favour us cos he has another immediate buyer and the buyer is hiring him to sell his existing house too.

End up have to go down to the owner directly to negotiate with her directly at 11pm till 1pm!!!

And paid for the 55K COV tt the owner initally requested.

Bottom line is, if u really like the unit, u really dun mind paying alot more than what u intended to pay. Our initial budget was 30K max. =(

Great view but transport can be a hassle.... no issue if u drive.

More of concern is the proximity to workers hostels in Penjuru as well as the high proportion of foreign workers actually living in those few blocks. The reservoir view is fantastic, the air quality isn't too bad, but I don't like the neighbourhood's transient workers lounging about in the evenings and on weekends.

Did u view in Jan this yr also?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N1...40/Picture4.jpg

We were attracted by the high ceiling roof design as well as the layout. Dun mind the smaller area cos we dun wan to clean another extra toilet upstairs.

I've been keeping up with the recent offers from the few blks.

3 Units sold after me according to their respective agents, Val: 465k, Selling at 600K, 580K and 610K. Dunno how true also.

Do agents purposely report higher selling price in order to push the COV higher the nxt time rd?

Yes is the same unit. When prices are on the uptrend, reporting last done prices especially the COV component would push prices in an upward spiral. For the agents, who work on commission, the higher the prices the more their commission, of course it serves their interest to push the price as high as the buyer is willing to fork out.

Edited by cleong

HI all,

I got my Em in Teban Garden overlooking the reserviour last July. Just finished renovated n moved in this month.

value= 394k

cov=11k

damage for renov 80k

Hi Kenage75,

Which block is that?

Really gd view but primary schooling for kids seem quite difficult.

If that's the market COV around that area then there is nothing much can be done but to give in on the asking COV if the place is right.

I remembered i walked away from a few units EM in BB/BG as the asking COV was 60k up. I tried 45k, the market COV at that time but couldn;t deal. Might be a blessing in disguised as not long i found my current place within comfort COV. Searching for houses can be very painful.

I neighbour just sold his for 500k plus.

Yup, the current market is that high.. my wife and I initially thought of getting one EM for max $35k cov, but we've beening looking for one in Yishun since Oct 09, no avail. It's either the location is not good or we have no 'good feel' of the unit.

Guess I'm lucky to get my current EM, although $45k is a bit high for us, but we've got the 'feel' and location of the unit is good. As such, we decided to buy it. :D

Both seller and buyer had signed the OTP, now waiting for the seller's agent to submit it and notify us on the 1st appt date. ;)

Guess the next thing to do is to look for a ID or contractor... any recommendation? :P

Edited by beachfox

jtcp82:

The locations is http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...vel_site_84256/

5 mins walk: Wet market, 2 coffee shops, police post, Community centre

15 mins walk: Kovan heartland mall, MRT

Think ammenity wise quite ok ba.

beachfox:

I was in the same situation as u. Quite dramatic in fact.

Seller's agent does not favour us cos he has another immediate buyer and the buyer is hiring him to sell his existing house too.

End up have to go down to the owner directly to negotiate with her directly at 11pm till 1pm!!!

And paid for the 55K COV tt the owner initally requested.

Bottom line is, if u really like the unit, u really dun mind paying alot more than what u intended to pay. Our initial budget was 30K max. =(

You nego with the seller for 2 hrs!? Wow, that's a long discussion.. :P

As for me, when my agent got to know that the seller wants $45k to end the deal, he immediately called me. My wife and I were eyeing 2 units during the period, one is asking for $60k cov (ammenity is not good but we have very good 'feel' for the unit), the other is this unit (ammenity is very good and the feel is good too).. Straight away, I told him that I'll take the offer and within 2-3hrs, we went down to the unit and signed the OTP. ;)

1mins walk - to wet market, coffeechops, NTUC, Community centre, Neighbourhood Police Centre

5mins walk - to MRT stn

The ammenity there is excellence.

Currently waiting for the seller's agent to submit the OTP and let us know the first appt date. :D

Edited by beachfox

You nego with the seller for 2 hrs!? Wow, that's a long discussion.. :P

As for me, when my agent got to know that the seller wants $45k to end the deal, he immediately called me. My wife and I were eyeing 2 units during the period, one is asking for $60k cov (ammenity is not good but we have very good 'feel' for the unit), the other is this unit (ammenity is very good and the feel is good too).. Straight away, I told him that I'll take the offer and within 2-3hrs, we went down to the unit and signed the OTP. ;)

1mins walk - to wet market, coffeechops, NTUC, Community centre, Neighbourhood Police Centre

5mins walk - to MRT stn

The ammenity there is excellence.

Currently waiting for the seller's agent to submit the OTP and let us know the first appt date. :D

2 hrs of negotiation cos the seller's agent wanted to close the deal with his direct buyer even though our bid was higher.

Wanted to give up initially but ended up fighting for it and got it eventually but at the max COV tt the seller wanted.

Good that you have found e unit tt u liked.

Yup, the current market is that high.. my wife and I initially thought of getting one EM for max $35k cov, but we've beening looking for one in Yishun since Oct 09, no avail. It's either the location is not good or we have no 'good feel' of the unit.

Guess I'm lucky to get my current EM, although $45k is a bit high for us, but we've got the 'feel' and location of the unit is good. As such, we decided to buy it. :D

Both seller and buyer had signed the OTP, now waiting for the seller's agent to submit it and notify us on the 1st appt date. ;)

Guess the next thing to do is to look for a ID or contractor... any recommendation? :P

I'm using contractor rather than ID, pm me for his contact if u r interested.

More of concern is the proximity to workers hostels in Penjuru as well as the high proportion of foreign workers actually living in those few blocks. The reservoir view is fantastic, the air quality isn't too bad, but I don't like the neighbourhood's transient workers lounging about in the evenings and on weekends.

Foreign workers are here to stay for good, every where can be hostels, mini ones for example My block has a few units sublet to FW, get to see them every day :(

2 hrs of negotiation cos the seller's agent wanted to close the deal with his direct buyer even though our bid was higher.

Wanted to give up initially but ended up fighting for it and got it eventually but at the max COV tt the seller wanted.

Good that you have found e unit tt u liked.

2 hrs nego for a unit that you like is worth the effort. :good:

So, you've gotten your keys and finished the reno?

2 hrs nego for a unit that you like is worth the effort. :good:

So, you've gotten your keys and finished the reno?

1st Apppointment nxt month, Hopefully getting keys on 1st July.

No $ for reno...lol...cos getting married this yr as well...

Soooo Broke....