Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hey RB,

Found out there is a way to check if your block can take on 2 compressors.

HDB e-Service: Check Electrical Loading

A simple guideline is that "HDB apartment blocks completed on or after 01 Jan 1994 and flats upgraded under the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP) are provided with a higher electrical loading of 40 amps main switch. Flat owners do not need to apply for an HDB permit to install an air-conditioner or other higher capacity equipment/appliances if the flat is provided with higher electrical loading."

Was reading this:

HDB Guidelines for Electrical Works

Sorry if this is old news. :P

Thought another newbie reading this might find it useful.

My search result was:

"Your block has been provided with higher electrical loading..."

YAY! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys! I can finally join in this group! Finally my EM unit is done with the renovation works after more than 2 months of wait! Weee! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, need some advice on storage space.

As the EM layout currently does not have a decent sized storeroom, how do you keep your EMs clutter-free?

Did anyone construct a storeroom and if so, where else (apart from the small area under the stairs)?

Am looking at my current storeroom and starting to get worried about the space planning. :unsure:

Hey RB,

Found out there is a way to check if your block can take on 2 compressors.

HDB e-Service: Check Electrical Loading

A simple guideline is that "HDB apartment blocks completed on or after 01 Jan 1994 and flats upgraded under the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP) are provided with a higher electrical loading of 40 amps main switch. Flat owners do not need to apply for an HDB permit to install an air-conditioner or other higher capacity equipment/appliances if the flat is provided with higher electrical loading."

Was reading this:

HDB Guidelines for Electrical Works

Sorry if this is old news. :P

Thought another newbie reading this might find it useful.

My search result was:

"Your block has been provided with higher electrical loading..."

YAY! :D

Even better......

Info on aircon installation from HDB here.

Maximum of 2 split-type air-conditioner condensing units (maximum weight of 110 kg each) are allowed to be installed externally.

Saying that a few people in my block have two condensers and we are not upgraded for power :). We are not exactly hidden so seems HDB turns a blind eye unless problems are encountered / reported.

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Hi, need some advice on storage space.

As the EM layout currently does not have a decent sized storeroom, how do you keep your EMs clutter-free?

Did anyone construct a storeroom and if so, where else (apart from the small area under the stairs)?

Am looking at my current storeroom and starting to get worried about the space planning. :unsure:

This is a bit of an issue for us at the moment. The area under the stairs is pretty small and fills up quickly. Some people extend this to fill the void area between the living room and the stairs making a bigger space which you can put shelves in. The utility room which people use for maids or now remove could have also been used for storage. We use it as a study area so no luck there either. The only other option we can see is putting some cabinets on the wall around the dining area or living area and using those.

RB

Storage space is always an issue, u will find yourself running out of storage space very soon, a common problem faced by many family. Why? Because we simply keep buying things and not doing any house keeping. The key here is to throw or give away things that are not used for a long time. How long? It depends on individual, some 3 months some years...... My case 3 months, not used throw otherwise you will run out of storage space.

Same theory applies to wardrobe...

But it is difficult to convince my OC to throw.... i will throw secretly.

But it is difficult to convince my OC to throw.... i will throw secretly.

Haha, my wife has piles of cloths she refuses to throw away even though she never wears them. I don't throw them away as the wardrobe is full so she has no room to buy any more :P.

RB

Discussed with my SO and we think we may go for those platform storage in one of the rooms.

Systemind Platform

One of my room is fully systeminded. 2 things to note:

1) The rubberwood is easily scratchable. Really unsightly after a while.

2) The gaps between the boxes are dust magnets.

Hello, need to ask for advice.

My corner EM is next to staircase only, do I need a fire rated door? Since such doors are so exp..

Found out on the news today that some HUDC units in Hougang are going to be privatized.

Some qns that came to my mind:

1. What is HUDC? How are they different from EM?

2. What are the advantages of privatizing it?

3. After privatizing, can build facilities e.g. swimming pool?

4. Can EM be privatized as well?

Any body knows the ans?

Copied from http://mymonies.info/HUDC_Flat

The HUDC flat was built by the government to cater to the demand of middle income earners for higher quality housing. The HUDC flats are mainly for those who cannot afford private properties and yet cannot qualify for HDB flats. (Please refer to New HDB Flat).Similar to HDB flats, they are sold on 99-year leases, but it has a larger built in area though. Such flats are not being built anymore since 1987. It is relatively easy for anyone to purchase a resale HUDC flat as there is no income restriction on buyers and even private residential property owners can purchase one as well. Owners of HUDC flat do not enjoy subsidised financing from HDB.

Privatizing paves the way for an eventual collective en bloc sale where the residents (hopefully) get a better price for their unit than if they sold individually on the resale market.

Not too sure. Based on my observation they usually only erect a fence around the compound. No large scale upgrade to have swimming pools or such.

HDB EM cannot be privatized. HUDC EM can.