Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

At least 70k for overhaul! :)

thanks bento28 :)

din know that the COV in jurong area would be so high ....tsk tsk tsk ..

70k is inclusive of rewiring as well right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi.. I just bought an EM at JW and its COV is only 18K. Bless .. Save me monies so can pump more on the renovation, which needs overhaul thou.

A cheap unit is just nice so I can do reno to have design suit for me and family. Heeee

Hi ashiesthm

may i know which exact location u got ur EM? Im looking for one too but all asking high COV ..mostly above 60K for a not so gd condition EM to 70-80k for a movein condition EM

thanks bento28 :)

din know that the COV in jurong area would be so high ....tsk tsk tsk ..

70k is inclusive of rewiring as well right?

Hi bubble,

My quote was 69k, consists of basis wiring (I need to top up another 2 k) :(

EMs at Jurong West Street 42 tend to be on the cheaper side than those at Street 41... You can try your luck at the 3 clusters of EMs there.

those at st 41 are really sky high ..can goes as high as 100K! scary man!

Thank you so much for your advices. I will ask my friend to do comparsion before commit.

:yeah: Wow...nice layout..I love the 1st 'penthouse' pic with 178sqm, area super big & nice.

Yeah... loads of 'potential' with those EMs... really can do a nice 'loft' concept, like this apartment:

brookvale1.jpg

Read more: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/reno-feature-the-brookvale-park-apartment/

But then, personally location is more important than a unique layout... so I'll still pick my Queenstown EM over some of the unique layouts. I hope to get a place with a better view for my next place tho.

Adidaem, u r so detail and elaborate :)

This certainly is great research and documentation. I didn't know so many things about Mansionettes until I read ur blog.

We all share and learn. I certainly learnt a lot since I got my place. :)

To complete the collection, here are some pics from the penthouse HDB maisonettes in Choa Chu Kang and Strathmore. Enjoy.

Strathmore: 2,055 sqft / 190.91 sqm

ST_15601786.jpg

On the top floor of these flats:

b403cc3122971_1_V550.jpg

Choa Chu Kang:

executive-maisonette-2.jpg

executive-maisonette-3.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Hi all! Any bros or siss willing to show me your wonderful parquet flooring pics? I wish to know how bad mine was? Need to deal with the reno firm. Mant thanks.

Good weekend!!

Erm, mine is an old parquet from previous owner. Not great condition so nothing worth showing. :(

those at st 41 are really sky high ..can goes as high as 100K! scary man!

100K for JW EMs? Wow, I had no idea COV is so crazy.

Yeah... loads of 'potential' with those EMs... really can do a nice 'loft' concept, like this apartment:

brookvale1.jpg

Read more: http://emrenoblog.wo...park-apartment/

But then, personally location is more important than a unique layout... so I'll still pick my Queenstown EM over some of the unique layouts. I hope to get a place with a better view for my next place tho.

We all share and learn. I certainly learnt a lot since I got my place. :)

To complete the collection, here are some pics from the penthouse HDB maisonettes in Choa Chu Kang and Strathmore. Enjoy.

Strathmore: 2,055 sqft / 190.91 sqm

ST_15601786.jpg

On the top floor of these flats:

b403cc3122971_1_V550.jpg

Choa Chu Kang:

executive-maisonette-2.jpg

executive-maisonette-3.jpg

Adadiem, thx again for uploading these photos for all to view. One look at these pictures, I couldnt tell it is HDB...... looks like some expensive double storey terrace/ semi detach/bungalow. I simply love the high ceiling in living/hall.... very tempting to get one of these units in future if I cannot afford landed property.

Hi fellow EM owners,

I just bought a GEN1 EM under the recent sales of balance in Tampines..looking forward to learn from fellow forumers on renovation ideas..

Hi fellow EM owners,

I just bought a GEN1 EM under the recent sales of balance in Tampines..looking forward to learn from fellow forumers on renovation ideas..

Congrats on getting an EM. How is the condition? R u doing a major overhaul? Mine is a Gen 1 EM too! There r many forumers who r now doing up their EM in Tampines.... U may want to follow their. tblog :)

Edited by potatoes

Congrats on getting an EM. How is the condition? R u doing a major overhaul? Mine is a Gen 1 EM too! There r many forumers who r now doing up their EM in Tampines.... U may want to follow their. tblog :)

yep..scrawling thru the tblog now...gt a budget of about 70K to do a major overhaul..looking at innerview or insideliving to help me on this. Any forumer used their service before?

Adadiem, thx again for uploading these photos for all to view. One look at these pictures, I couldnt tell it is HDB...... looks like some expensive double storey terrace/ semi detach/bungalow. I simply love the high ceiling in living/hall.... very tempting to get one of these units in future if I cannot afford landed property.

Glad you enjoy the pics. Just to complete the 'collection'...

You have to monitor property ads very carefully if you are interested in one of these units with high ceiling... only 12 units in CCK and 4 units in Strathmore, and all being the possible record breaking/news making type of sales. Potong Pasir dunno how many units those slanted blocks have, but as I understand it's only the top floor for each stack. Can't be that many units in Sin Ming or Hougang either.

But the good news is, more will be available in the market after Punggol and Dawson flats reach their MOP, tho the new units are a whole lot smaller (both in actual floor area and in room sizes) than the older ones featured so far.

E.g. The Punggol Treelodge Lofts - 14 units located on the top floors of the 7 blocks

Pics from Wendily's t-blog:

Let's start off with my floorplan

Presentation1.jpg

380897_10150430062271312_677766311_8598573_526888485_n.jpg

Punggol Sapphire Lofts - 23 units

Punggol%20Sapphire%20-%205-Room_01.jpg

More pics in next post.

Edited by adidaem

Another 65 units from SkyTerrace@Dawson

Showing only the 5 room paired unit floor plan:

5rm_loft1_paired_1stlvl.jpg

5rm_loft1_paired_2ndlvl.jpg