Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The truly 'arty' ones you can kinda tell... not to say that renovators can't do a competent job and deliver a nice house, but they just may not have that designer 'eye'. And of course art and design is fairly subjective. What is art to me could be 'bleh' to you and vice versa.

So back to the ID vs contractor question...

If budget is flexible...

- Worth paying for a proper ID? Yes IMO.

If budget is tight...

- Worth paying for a renovator? No IMO. I'll rather get an experienced and responsible contractor provided I know exactly what design I want.

Thanks for the advice! We'd prefer going with an ID, simply because we'd trust an ID more with the style that we're going for. The contractors/renovators that we've met don't give us the feeling that they understand what we want.

Guess we need to see if the ID of our choice is willing to meet our budget somewhere!

On a separate note, this may not be too relevant here (and may have been mentioned earlier): Air is having their 50% sale! Popped by the store at Wilkie today and chanced upon it. The prices look so much better after the discount! :D

Oh ya. Was there over the weekend too. Was tempted to buy too. I really need a 2nd house...

Oh ya. Was there over the weekend too. Was tempted to buy too. I really need a 2nd house...

Agreed! I was looking at the stuff and thinking, "Why does the house suddenly seem so small?" Haha :dribble:

Just viewed a unit in jw high floor.. Asking 650k no less.. The Val there is only around 500k... Zzzzzz .. All asking sky high ridiculous COV

spikedoll,

i think i know which unit u refering to cos i was there to view this unit last week too!

the COV is scary lor cos that uncle is not in a hurry to move so i would say its not a motivated seller lah ...just wait and see if any buyers can match his price but i doubt so lor.

EM owners,

can advise wat are the pros and cons staying on lower floor like 2nd level? Most EM i view are level 2 those on higher levels are hard to find , even if have also very high COV :jawdrop:

Which part of JW? Street?

spikedoll,

i think i know which unit u refering to cos i was there to view this unit last week too!

the COV is scary lor cos that uncle is not in a hurry to move so i would say its not a motivated seller lah ...just wait and see if any buyers can match his price but i doubt so lor.

spikedoll,

Ask that uncle to wait long long... He thinks jw is prime area like Bishan/queenstown?his agent said no less than 650k valuation not done Somemore. His agent called my agent today asking whats our offer. She said Someone offered 630k for the uncle's unit. we almost Laugh our head off. if really true why still dont let go.Another unit in JE also asking sky high COV .. Said last offer 80k COV rejected : /

Edited by spikedoll

Hi chloe, not sure if you will be keen to share how much you have paid for your unit, if I am not wrong yr new place is in jelapang rite?

Hi, I have just gotten my new unit in jurong west and joining in this thread....overall was very happy to have got this unit bt the sad part is that my neighbours kana ah long and luckily the ah long San was kind enuf to have paint a single blue colour as I saw drips on the corridors area. I am very much concerned as I got two young children aged 2-5 and if the paint kana my side then things can get very sensitive....should I just keep a lookout for further pouring or it is fine for me to just build rapport with them n find out wat is happening?

Hi, I have just gotten my new unit in jurong west and joining in this thread....overall was very happy to have got this unit bt the sad part is that my neighbours kana ah long and luckily the ah long San was kind enuf to have paint a single blue colour as I saw drips on the corridors area. I am very much concerned as I got two young children aged 2-5 and if the paint kana my side then things can get very sensitive....should I just keep a lookout for further pouring or it is fine for me to just build rapport with them n find out wat is happening?

Hi Jen78

Sorry to hear that. Have you moved in? If so, you might want to cover up your new door with clear plastic sheet just in case. ( I saw one unit doing that after their door was splashed with paint by loansharks. )

It's good to know your new neighbours and find out more .. Take it as an opportunity to know your neighbours as well.

Care to share which area of jw? Blk? You may PM me if inconvenient to share here.

EM owners,

can advise wat are the pros and cons staying on lower floor like 2nd level? Most EM i view are level 2 those on higher levels are hard to find , even if have also very high COV :jawdrop:

Hi, for me I stay on mid floor, as opposite is MSCP, my unit

View is not blocked. I remember viewing a EM at Bedok reservior, the unit is on the low floor with a unblock green view. We didn't commit the unit as I don't like the toilet layout plus the sewage in the toilet is messy