Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Really... I'm at 237

When I was flathunting I passed up making an offer on a unit in your cluster... I can only hope my EM cluster would be the next one making the news for record-breaking COVs! :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anybody knows what I shld check for on final inspection day? All I know is probably I should check the parquet flooring on the 2nd Level since that is the only thing I am retaining. Tia!!

Anybody knows what I shld check for on final inspection day? All I know is probably I should check the parquet flooring on the 2nd Level since that is the only thing I am retaining. Tia!!

Things to check for:

- flooring ... Cracks

- 2nd level bathroom ceiling.... check for wetness

- keys to all doors or grilles/locks

Since u r going for major overhaul, the rest of the things such as electrical points / pipes/ lighting fixtures r unnecessary.

Things to check for:

- flooring ... Cracks

Since u r going for major overhaul, the rest of the things such as electrical points / pipes/ lighting fixtures r unnecessary.

Ok thanks potatoes! What abt the toilet downstairs? I am so excited about friday!!

Make sure previous occupants have cleared out everything. Otherwise you or your renovation contractor may end up clearing their bulky items.

Make sure previous occupants have cleared out everything. Otherwise you or your renovation contractor may end up clearing their bulky items.

Ahhh... ok ok! thanks Cleong!

Congulates Guys,

Your EM is reaching a point to turn into GOLD!!

From http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/10/34441/prices-of-exec-maisonettes-to-rise-further

The few remaining executive maisonettes (EMs) in Singapore will likely see further price rises as the government does not intend to build such properties anymore, analysts said.

Recently, these properties which are quite rare created much buzz for fetching record-high prices, in particular a unit in Bishan.

In fact, four out of eight units sold this year that breached the S$900,000 mark were EMs, reported The Straits Times.

The large two-storey units have become highly desirable in the past few years thanks to the rising price gap between HDB flats and private property, and a wave of collective sales that have encouraged wealthy buyers to look for bigger units.

But the Housing and Development Board (HDB) stopped building these flats, which are sized between 138 and 243 sq m. In total, there are 65,000 executive flats, of which EMs form one group.

Due to sky-high prices of EMs, MP Gan Thiam Poh (Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC) asked if the housing board would continue building them.

Last Tuesday, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said that his Ministry will no longer build EMs because executive condominiums (ECs) offer a wider range of housing options for Singaporeans.

However, according to Mr Gan, “if they don’t build any more, prices for this particular type of flat will keep rising”.

Colin Tan, Research Head at Chesterton Suntec International, said that the scarcity of EMs will continue to boost their prices. He also predicted that these homes “will follow the path of HUDC units”.

Good news for existing owners:

Price boost for 'limited edition' executive maisonettes

Experts say value will go up as HDB will not be building new ones

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/price-boost-limited-edition-executive-maisonettes-20121022

Median Q3 prices:

- EAs: $607,500

- EMs: $631,000

So yeah, EMs pricier than EAs.

Woot.

Yeah, saw that a few days ago. But let's put things into perspective. Most of us here only have 1 property. So even if prices rise, still paper profit. Also it's very hard to find decently sized units nowadays so if we do sell, where do we find our next home?

And most importantly, private ppty prices have risen faster than HDBs anyway.

Things to check for:

- flooring ... Cracks

Hi

Apology as not to dispute but to share my view....

To check the

flooring ... Cracks

To check for cracks and 2nd level bathroom ceiling should have be done during the first and subsequent viewing and or before offer to the COV leading to sign the OTP. To bargain hard on the COV if the conditions isn't good.

There is a agent representing you that he or she should be doing the hand over process in the interest of your behalf.

However as potatoes has mention that should you are for major overhaul to your EM that might not be necessary to look out...

How much is the average rewiring for EM unit? I was quoted a jawdropping figure... $$7700 is too much?? Understand that it depends on how many lighting points.. ? After much nego, wiring man says he can offer discount to $6500.. still burning a hole in my pocket.. requested ID to bring in a diff guy for another quotation...

:(

Hi

Apology as not to dispute but to share my view....

To check the

flooring ... Cracks

To check for cracks and 2nd level bathroom ceiling should have be done during the first and subsequent viewing and or before offer to the COV leading to sign the OTP. To bargain hard on the COV if the conditions isn't good.

There is a agent representing you that he or she should be doing the hand over process in the interest of your behalf.

However as potatoes has mention that should you are for major overhaul to your EM that might not be necessary to look out...

Exman, thanks! we are greenhorn in buying so didnt really check much and we hve no agent to represent us. Think we will still check through again everything and thanks so much for alerting us to check for the ceiling!! :)

How much is the average rewiring for EM unit? I was quoted a jawdropping figure... $$7700 is too much?? Understand that it depends on how many lighting points.. ? After much nego, wiring man says he can offer discount to $6500.. still burning a hole in my pocket.. requested ID to bring in a diff guy for another quotation...

:(

My re-wiring for entire house is at $3800. lighting and all is lump sum.

My re-wiring for entire house is at $3800. lighting and all is lump sum.

$3.8k is quite normal for an EM..Really depends on the number of electrical points, tel n TV points.....

The cost only inlude rewiring of lighting points, heater and Aircon points, main DIstribution Board, tel n computer points, cove ligthings and all switches n sockets?

I believe it has not included lighting fixtures, ceiling fan, storage heaters.

Mine was 2.8k a yr ago.... Rewiring only for 1st level, I use back the old cables for 2nd level...... No choice, cost cutting measure.....

Edited by potatoes

$3.8k is quite normal for an EM..Really depends on the number of electrical points, tel n TV points.....

The cost only inlude rewiring of lighting points, heater and Aircon points, main DIstribution Board, tel n computer points, cove ligthings and all switches n sockets?

I believe it has not included lighting fixtures, ceiling fan, storage heaters.

Mine was 2.8k a yr ago.... Rewiring only for 1st level, I use back the old cables for 2nd level...... No choice, cost cutting measure.....

It says that it is a lump sum. and when we checked with our contractor, he told us that all these installation, he has all the equipement to install, therefore why does he need to charge us? hehe... !!

Plumbing works is lump sum at $3300 and lighting fixtures including false ceiling is also lump sum at $1900.

We didnt really compare until we saw a certain ID's and his quote. Guess in the end, when we add here and minus that, the contractor's was still cheaper.

I was told for rewiring anything below 4k should be made from china-made materials which will cause alot prob in next 2-3 years. In fact most old flats/houses have better quality than today's. this person told me his old house never give him any prob but his new house keep giving him prob.

Anyone expertise in this care to share?

Edited by spikedoll