Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

but again my door grill got some design thingy protuding out leh Dunno can put the acrylic board.

Haha.. U check with him. Ivan from Arts Advance. U google la for his number.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks adidaem for HDB rules....haiz, space wastage...we could have do more magic for this viod area attached to our master room.

Actually I can understand why - letting renovation contractors construct load bearing platforms/floors can create problems if it isn't done properly.

If u call hdb to complain said water splash onto the corridor and wet ur door they will install for u foc but u need to maintain it. At my current house I called to complain said floor is wet they said will install for me

Where in HDB did u call? i couldnt find a number.. yesterday's storm was power.. it went all the way up to the top of my door and my corridor was machiam like block washing lor.. keke.. wanna call n ask them to install instead of putting bamboo blinds.

Where in HDB did u call? i couldnt find a number.. yesterday's storm was power.. it went all the way up to the top of my door and my corridor was machiam like block washing lor.. keke.. wanna call n ask them to install instead of putting bamboo blinds.

I just call hdb enquiries hotline. Talk to an officer to complain abt the rain and they will entertain you..i also took photo on of corridor during a raining day to prove to them that the rain splash in badly..

I just call hdb enquiries hotline. Talk to an officer to complain abt the rain and they will entertain you..i also took photo on of corridor during a raining day to prove to them that the rain splash in badly..

Thanks! i will call them after tmrw (its my completion tmrw).. even if i acrylic the whole gate.. with yesterday's rain.. sianz.. still will wet lor..zzz

rain.jpg

acrylic.jpg

YIPPEEEEE!!! this is my gate with the acrylic. later i go over during lunch time n i go take pics of my neighbor's house door which is about 6 month old and damaged by the rain water. =)

Hi, I just pop by, thanks to adidaem for referring me to this thread. The acrylic thing looks nice and clean. When contractors sugguested I install, in my mind, I was thinking of something ugly and spoiling the look of the new gate. But just to check with you, you only need to install at the lower portion? Doesn't rain splash on the higher portion too? My new solid nyatoh wood door started cracking after 1 month it was installed. The cracks appeared not only at the lower part of the door but also at the higher portion for the side nearer the open space as rain splashed onto the door, and on good weather, sunlight shined on the door (mine is a corner unit, hence worse). I think I will need to change this door to save more headache.

Thanks! i will call them after tmrw (its my completion tmrw).. even if i acrylic the whole gate.. with yesterday's rain.. sianz.. still will wet lor..zzz

rain.jpg

Oh my, this looks bad. :jawdrop: I think hdb should install something to block the rain for your whole block with that facing. Did they suggest the roller blind thing? :( So you supposed to pull the blinds down whenever you go out in case it rains? sound troublesome also. And my neighbour may not like, since it blocks out light and also, his unit doesn't get the rain like I do (mine is corner while his is corridor unit).

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new EM. But I am facing alot of issues now because i have the most nightmare buyer and seller combi anyone couls possibly get. buyer SPF money stuck so got to defer completion and seller agent dishonest when selling the flat to me, say wall can hack but cannot hack, now i understood why refuse to give me the floorplan. I believe she will pass me the floorplan but she never even until now.I also very stupid. buy after paying the 4k. But too late to change anything. Now got to leave with all the walls cos basically nothing can be altered. If not because I really like the scenery ca kill myself for getting into this deal liao. Whole house need to reno cos all in mouldy condition still give people $75k COV cos I was led into believing I can create my own dream home albeit with some money but now got money also no use.. Buyer and seller drag my completion from before xmas to after xmas to 7 Jan. So disappointed. There's nothing I can do cos it's still in the 8 weeks after 1st appointment. But initially i went into all these because we made a verbal agreement to settle everything asap and they promised. But now, all in the dumps. Got to fnd my temp house, storage, moving, and reno all close to CNY and everything costly and scarce. Until now still looking for temp accommodation. All this extra cost have to bear on top of low COv to buyer and high COV to seller. Sorry for the grouch but close to killing myself for getting into this expensive mess believing people will honour their words.

Congrats to all who can smoothly move into their dream house, especially those who did not pay alot when their timing was good. My friend who sold and bought in the same period as me renovated and moved in already. I am so envious...

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new EM. But I am facing alot of issues now because i have the most nightmare buyer and seller combi anyone couls possibly get. buyer SPF money stuck so got to defer completion and seller agent dishonest when selling the flat to me, say wall can hack but cannot hack, now i understood why refuse to give me the floorplan. I believe she will pass me the floorplan but she never even until now.I also very stupid. buy after paying the 4k. But too late to change anything. Now got to leave with all the walls cos basically nothing can be altered. If not because I really like the scenery ca kill myself for getting into this deal liao. Whole house need to reno cos all in mouldy condition still give people $75k COV cos I was led into believing I can create my own dream home albeit with some money but now got money also no use.. Buyer and seller drag my completion from before xmas to after xmas to 7 Jan. So disappointed. There's nothing I can do cos it's still in the 8 weeks after 1st appointment. But initially i went into all these because we made a verbal agreement to settle everything asap and they promised. But now, all in the dumps. Got to fnd my temp house, storage, moving, and reno all close to CNY and everything costly and scarce. Until now still looking for temp accommodation. All this extra cost have to bear on top of low COv to buyer and high COV to seller. Sorry for the grouch but close to killing myself for getting into this expensive mess believing people will honour their words.

Congrats to all who can smoothly move into their dream house, especially those who did not pay alot when their timing was good. My friend who sold and bought in the same period as me renovated and moved in already. I am so envious...

Hi Lazyfaires, 75k COV is a lot of money, so can understand your frustration. Just wondering why the walls cannot be altered though? Unless you got one of those rare EMs with bomb shelters, otherwise most of the EM walls can be hacked, albeit with some hassle getting HDB permission to do so (mine took weeks). How about sharing your floor plan? We have seen quite a few EM reno in this thread and over in T-Blog and may be able to point you to a owner who renovated with similar layout?

Just a note out to anyone who is reading this. You can just go to the HDB website and buy the floorplan for $5. No need to be the owner. Just need the address (including unit number). This is useful for house-hunting if you have plans to hack any walls. Apart from support walls (those with thick black lines on the plan), you also need to look out for those units with prefab walls. I've heard of units in Tampines that cannot be hacked cos of prefab walls. Can even call HDB to check before committing to the sale. Always good to do some homework for probably one of the most expensive purchases in your life (most exp in my case anyways).

If yours is a usual unit, based on what I know the hackable walls in EMs are:

1. Between study/utility and kitchen

2. Between study/utility and dining (except for support pillar and beam)

3. Between kitchen and living room (except the support pillar and beam)

4. MBR wall adjoining stairs

5. BR wall adjoining stairs

6. BR wall adjoining corridor to shared toilet

7. Shared toilet wall

8. MBR toilet wall

9. Storeroom under stairs (but stairs itself CANNOT be hacked)

10. Kitchen and balcony (to widen the door to the balcony)

I speak mostly from personal experience since 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10 in my place are hacked. 4, 8 and 9 I've seen in a few renos on RT and in ads for sales.

If you let us know your address/neighbourhood, maybe someone has a similar floor plan he/she can let you look at - or even a completed renovation to refer to.

Just a note out to anyone who is reading this. You can just go to the HDB website and buy the floorplan for $5. No need to be the owner. Just need the address (including unit number). This is useful for house-hunting if you have plans to hack any walls. Apart from support walls (those with thick black lines on the plan), you also need to look out for those units with prefab walls. I've heard of units in Tampines that cannot be hacked cos of prefab walls. Can even call HDB to check before committing to the sale. Always good to do some homework for probably one of the most expensive purchases in your life (most exp in my case anyways).

7. Shared toilet wall

8. MBR toilet wall

I speak mostly from personal experience since 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10 in my place are hacked. 4, 8 and 9 I've seen in a few renos on RT and in ads for sales.

good tips thanks!

7. Shared toilet wall

8. MBR toilet wall

good tips thanks!

Any maisonette owner did shift the position of the toilet bowl (at 2nd level common toilet)? Was thinking to shift 100-200mm to the right so that we can have a bigger area for our vanity.

photo11_zpse8ccad52.jpg

Any maisonette owner did shift the position of the toilet bowl (at 2nd level common toilet)? Was thinking to shift 100-200mm to the right so that we can have a bigger area for our vanity.

Think boyblunder mentioned that he did since the pipes are on level one so shifting the positions of the upstairs loo won't affect neighbour. You can search via Google for his blog.

photo11_zpse8ccad52.jpg

There are 2 kinds of toilet bowls.

1. Hole downwards

2. Hole to the back

Most likely for 1, you cant change the location. For 2, you can shift towards left or right.