Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I have viewed such unit before. They hacked the wall between two common bedrooms and converted part of it into WIW that connect to the toilet.

I have also seen one unit that hacked the two L2 toilets into one. The toilet is really spacious.

Hi Spikedoll

Im a silent reader of ur blog. heehee. very nice kitchen!! muz b v very costly coz made of glass. i oso like ur glass panel concept at the MBR. will continue to monitor ur blog ;D

Throughout all my hse viewings, i hav nvr seen such units b4. i juz bought an EM after searching for ~5mths (like finally!hee) and my current one has a WIW linked to MBR toilet but its very very cramp and OLD, so I was tinkin of hackin BR2&3 and try to link the WIW fr toilet to the BR. im still googling ard for more ideas which is unfriendly to my pocket.. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Spikedoll

Im a silent reader of ur blog. heehee. very nice kitchen!! muz b v very costly coz made of glass. i oso like ur glass panel concept at the MBR. will continue to monitor ur blog ;D

Throughout all my hse viewings, i hav nvr seen such units b4. i juz bought an EM after searching for ~5mths (like finally!hee) and my current one has a WIW linked to MBR toilet but its very very cramp and OLD, so I was tinkin of hackin BR2&3 and try to link the WIW fr toilet to the BR. im still googling ard for more ideas which is unfriendly to my pocket.. :(

Hi yun69

Thank you for your kind words :)

Your EM is which gen? Maybe u post layout so the experts here can advise :)

Reno cost is always going up north.. Reno these days definitely not cheap :S I try to cut down on things to do and prioritize the things to do.. Later on then slowly add on. Pockets not deep enough and big hole burnt

Good luck and hope you find a good contractor and smooth Reno. Care to share where's your EM?

Edited by spikedoll

Hi yun69

Thank you for your kind words :)

Your EM is which gen? Maybe u post layout so the experts here can advise :)

Reno cost is always going up north.. Reno these days definitely not cheap :S I try to cut down on things to do and prioritize the things to do.. Later on then slowly add on. Pockets not deep enough and big hole burnt

Good luck and hope you find a good contractor and smooth Reno. Care to share where's your EM?

I tink its a gen1 EM, the living hall is connected to the balcony. Yupz thks, i hope my contractor can do a gd job once i get the keys hee. btw, my EM is at Hougang. Still prefer hougang since i hav stayed there for 4yrs after my weddin. I used to b an East gal but started to like HG nw haha

Lookin fwd to more pics at ur site :P

Edited by Yun69

Woah gohtc!! Your EM is very nice! Like from magazine! Is that a gen 2 EM? Care to share how much is your Reno cost? More pics pls!

Love your kitchen cabinet wood grain laminate !

Edited by spikedoll

Thanks spikedoll

sorry but what's a Gen 1 or 2? How do we tell the difference?

my Reno damage cost around $40k including wiring works....

U overhaul whole house only 40k??? Care to share what you did?

I tink its a gen1 EM, the living hall is connected to the balcony. Yupz thks, i hope my contractor can do a gd job once i get the keys hee. btw, my EM is at Hougang. Still prefer hougang since i hav stayed there for 4yrs after my weddin. I used to b an East gal but started to like HG nw haha

Lookin fwd to more pics at ur site :P

Many Hougang EM owners here ! :) must be very excited waiting for key collection? Haha when 2nd appointment?

Thanks spikedoll

Unbelievable! Certainly a major overhaul ..... and only 40k? I guess u must be a contractor.

Thanks spikedoll

Omg!! Love your EM Reno. Looks really nice and well done too. Some more at $40K only?? What a great price! How did you do it? You must hv lots of lobangs.

Thanks spikedoll

There are 3 types of EM .. But I do see there are another 2 or 3 different layouts

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/how-many-types-of-em-layouts-are-there/

Thanks for all the above comments guys..

sorry for the late reply, been very busy with my projects these few days.

My wife and i decided to keep it bright and simple as what you see in the attached

And yes we did it at a tight budget of $40k excluding all funitures and electrical appliances..

A full overhaul beside the toilets as they are all still in good condition.

Edited by gohtc77

Thanks for all the above comments guys..

sorry for the late reply, been very busy with my projects these few days.

My wife and i decided to keep it bright and simple as what you see in the attached photos..

More photos..

this is my wife shoe cabinet:

IMG_1484.jpg

the staircase:

IMG_1483.jpg

the dinning area (sorry only 3d drawing, no photo yet but basically the same...:

IMG_1348.png

And yes we did it at a tight budget of $40k excluding all funitures and electrical appliances..

A full overhaul beside the toilets as they are all still in good condition.

Hi gohtc77,

Yes your house looks bright with your choice of colours. :yamseng:

Your $40k budget is really a good bargain.

I m interested with the bamboo pole holder for drying clothes. Was it fixed against the ceiling or false ceiling?

M having some headache over drying my clothes.

Thanks in advance for the advance.

Hi Ken Lui,

Just to share my clothes drying experience.

I don't use a dryer.

I am one of those who still rely on the traditional way of hanging clothes. I used metal holders mounted to the ceiling for holding bamboo poles in my yard ( I just can't do without a yard).

The metal holder was customed-made by my ID and it can hang a max of 3 poles. The method of drying is to put the alundry pieces on the clothes hangers and then hang them on these overhead poles.....just enough to cater for 1 wash.

Another place I used to hang the clothes is my long balcony where I used a clothes stand, where I can hang a good 15-20 pieces of clothes. Though it is kind of unsightly, the balcony is a great place for drying because I get plenty of warm and wind there.

How do u do your laundry in your EM?