Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I tink its a gen1 EM, the living hall is connected to the balcony. Yupz thks, i hope my contractor can do a gd job once i get the keys hee. btw, my EM is at Hougang. Still prefer hougang since i hav stayed there for 4yrs after my weddin. I used to b an East gal but started to like HG nw haha

Lookin fwd to more pics at ur site :P

I am moving to hougang too!! where are you located? I am collecting keys on 26 April :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ken Lui,

Just to share my clothes drying experience.

I don't use a dryer.

I am one of those who still rely on the traditional way of hanging clothes. I used metal holders mounted to the ceiling for holding bamboo poles in my yard ( I just can't do without a yard).

The metal holder was customed-made by my ID and it can hang a max of 3 poles. The method of drying is to put the alundry pieces on the clothes hangers and then hang them on these overhead poles.....just enough to cater for 1 wash.

Another place I used to hang the clothes is my long balcony where I used a clothes stand, where I can hang a good 15-20 pieces of clothes. Though it is kind of unsightly, the balcony is a great place for drying because I get plenty of warm and wind there.

How do u do your laundry in your EM?

Hi potatoes,

Thanks for the information.

I do not have a yard as my kitchen has been extended into that area. Can't build anything on the ceiling area as it is currently a false ceiling.

Currently, I do have bamboo holders installed right outside my kitchen area and I was told that it is not allowed. As my top floor neighbor hangs their mop out at that area, it became non feasible for hanging our clean clothes there.

I do have clothes stand which can hang around 20 pieces of clothes and portable bamboo stands, which my maid place at the quiet public stairway one floor up my unit.

Currently exploring for a feasible long term solution. Haiz.

:yamseng:

Thanks for all the above comments guys..

sorry for the late reply, been very busy with my projects these few days.

My wife and i decided to keep it bright and simple as what you see in the attached photos..

More photos..

this is my wife shoe cabinet:

IMG_1484.jpg

the staircase:

IMG_1483.jpg

the dinning area (sorry only 3d drawing, no photo yet but basically the same...:

IMG_1348.png

And yes we did it at a tight budget of $40k excluding all funitures and electrical appliances..

A full overhaul beside the toilets as they are all still in good condition.

Hihi

Nice Reno ;) btw, Did u do any Reno to lvl2?

I am moving to hougang too!! where are you located? I am collecting keys on 26 April :)

Hi Vanessa

Hi^5! My future hse is along hg ave8. Urs?

The date to collect keys is still far away but m lookin fwd to the first appt nxt wk :D

Btw, many many gd luck to u in ur hm Reno. Hope to c more pics soon :>

Does anyone install laundry pole holder on the wall in balcony to hang laundry? But that may be unsightly. I'm thinking of ways of hang laundry though I have a dryer but still prefer the natural Sun. Another way is those removable laundry pole holder that hook on the railings.

Hi Vanessa

Hi^5! My future hse is along hg ave8. Urs?

The date to collect keys is still far away but m lookin fwd to the first appt nxt wk :D

Btw, many many gd luck to u in ur hm Reno. Hope to c more pics soon :>

Mine is ave 10 :) Will post once we collect keys :)

Does anyone install laundry pole holder on the wall in balcony to hang laundry? But that may be unsightly. I'm thinking of ways of hang laundry though I have a dryer but still prefer the natural Sun. Another way is those removable laundry pole holder that hook on the railings.

structures that are fixed are unsightly, unless these are placed in my yard. Also, I cannot keep them when visitors/guests come to my place.

I go for portable/movable clothes hangers where I can move in and out of my balcony, keep them when I dont need them.

Hi Mansionette owners,

I just went to view a 5A mansionette with a pointed roof as seen in the picture below. Due the the pointed roof, the ceiling of the bedrooms are very high on one end, sloping down towards the windows. I estimate the ceiling could be 3.5m-4m high at the highest point. Was thinking to build a wooden loft at one corner of the rooms, do you think it is allowed?

583099-Large.jpg

Dear fellow friends,

Is it advisable to do overlay with laminate flooring for the whole of 1st floor coz I always thought laminate are normally for bedrooms only. Main flooring are supposed to kilat-kilat type rite? Unless laminate got shiny2 finish? hmmm...

Dear fellow friends,

Is it advisable to do overlay with laminate flooring for the whole of 1st floor coz I always thought laminate are normally for bedrooms only. Main flooring are supposed to kilat-kilat type rite? Unless laminate got shiny2 finish? hmmm...

My SIL overlay her whole EM with laminates. I think so long the flooring is ok ( no hollow tiles no damage ). You may want check with your contractor

just to illustrate what i mean

loft.jpg

floorplan1.jpg

It is unlikely that HDB will approve any construction of load bearing elevated floor space, but these has not stop some home owners of doing 'unapproved' home projects.

Hi Mansionette owners,

I just went to view a 5A mansionette with a pointed roof as seen in the picture below. Due the the pointed roof, the ceiling of the bedrooms are very high on one end, sloping down towards the windows. I estimate the ceiling could be 3.5m-4m high at the highest point. Was thinking to build a wooden loft at one corner of the rooms, do you think it is allowed?

583099-Large.jpg

I think possible if the loft is built as a furniture... Ie using carpentry and not a structural change. Can be expensive tho. And you will need a good carpenter. Do read the hdb reno rules in detail and interpret as you will... This is my understanding of the rules. :rolleyes:

Dear fellow friends,

If you don't think your kitchen will get wet, then is fine... Don't forget that laminates can't take much water. If you are keeping the balcony, consider heavy rains... The portion of the floor nearest the balcony did get wet until we installed roller shutters. Heavy rains don't happen often but you just need one incident to damage the floor right?

You can also consider vinyl instead of laminates, supposed to be more resistant to water and hardier than laminates. But do check for toxic emissions n stuff.

If you don't think your kitchen will get wet, then is fine... Don't forget that laminates can't take much water. If you are keeping the balcony, consider heavy rains... The portion of the floor nearest the balcony did get wet until we installed roller shutters. Heavy rains don't happen often but you just need one incident to damage the floor right?

You can also consider vinyl instead of laminates, supposed to be more resistant to water and hardier than laminates. But do check for toxic emissions n stuff.

Hi adidaem, thanks for ur pointers. Yah I didn't thought of that. for kitchen and front/back balcony i'll intend to use homo and outdoor tiles respectively. just worried laminates not suitable for big space area such as first floor living/dining and utility area. Another question I have, what is the estimate cost of doing re-wiring of whole EM unit? Does it include alectrical points/switches as well? cheers..