Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi guys , have just found out about this forum there is so much useful information that we could have tapped on! We just got our keys to our EM at Serangoon north. Its abit old but we are so set on getting an EM around the area. Just selected our ID and hopefully the reno will start soon :D

So exciting yet scary at the same time!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guru, just asking if anyone have changed their EM staircase to Spiral type before, like the one show here. Cheers.

staircaserailingdesign2jpg_zpsd1224e1a.j

Hi guys , have just found out about this forum there is so much useful information that we could have tapped on! We just got our keys to our EM at Serangoon north. Its abit old but we are so set on getting an EM around the area. Just selected our ID and hopefully the reno will start soon :D

Congrats Jnohclee!

Welcome to RT and the Maisonette Owners' Club! :thumbs up:

Thanks guys! The reno and furnishing is occupying my mind everyday! haha , in anycase , im trying to learn how to put up photos as photos are more interesting then just words. Will post up the floorplan as soon as i figure out how to.

Hi Guru, just asking if anyone have changed their EM staircase to Spiral type before, like the one show here. Cheers.

Under the renovation guidelines supplied by HDB, we cannot touch the staircase as it is considered a structural item. However, some people have been able to change the orientation for the bottom part of their staircase. Such changes will require a PE to endorse first before HDB will approve. In addition, such changes are not cheap. 4-figure sum. HTH's.

Welcome to the EM club. Serangoon is a lovely area. Can share how much you paid? Look fwd to your pics.

Btw, I've just completed my Reno a few weeks back. Hv yet to post the completed photos in my T-blog, but I do hv progress pics. Link to my blog can be found in my signature below.

Hi all,

I got my keys to my EM at Jurong West on the 1 Aug...and started my renovation on 6 Aug. I only have a month to complete my renovation and planning to move in on the 1st week of Sept after the Chinese 7th month. I want to start my t-blog but really too busy with work...but I will try to start one soon. My unit is the type with odd shapes that some of you might say no no :no: but somehow we choosen it....hahaha :dunno: ....kinda fated (long story, will share in my T-blog)

This house condition is kinda Ok , renovated about 4 year plus ago but the previous owner never really take care of it so many area I need to spend money... :help:

Just to summarize the work to be done and my list of Contractor

1) plastering the whole house

2) laminated flooring for staircase and 2nd floor rooms

3) overlay balcony tiles

4) Change staircase railings

5) Main door

6) roller shutter

7) Carpentary work for TV cabinets (with features wall), Cabinets for MBR and 3rd room.

8) Changing all doors to kitchen Cabinets and full height oven cabinet

9) Aircon System 4

10) Plumbing work for toilets -changing toilet bowl, basin etc.

11) Spraying over toilet wall and floor (wall for 1st floor, wall and floor for common and floor for MBR)

12) Curtain and blinds

13) Ceiling Work

14) Electrical work - add/ relocate socket, Lan port, SCV point and lightings.

List of Contractor invloved

1) Main Contractor - My beloved Henry from ID note again :thumbs up:

2) Supreme Laminate floor - Kelvin

3) Faith Coat for tile spraying - Philip

4) Aron and Ah Boon for Air Con

5) Jia Xin Design - Sam for Curtain and Blinds.

So far, these contractors I met are really very nice people that give me very good support and service...but I will give a more details review of each of them after they completed their work...

Looking forward to hear from all of you soon. Cheers :jammin:

No welcome wishes so far...*^▁^*

Just kidding.

Will like to give a quick update that progress is good so far . Light fitting complete today and tomorrow. Air-conditioning fitting tomorrow aircon fanciful and compressor will be fitted.

Plan for paint touch up and washing Sat. Ready for laminated flooring for stairs and upper floor. Carpentry work next we'd.

So far still within my 1 month schedule.

Not to advertise for my list of contractors but they really helping me a lot.

Still not ready for the tblog yet as photo are taken in my wife phone and we are busy packing so that we can shift in on 8 September.

Thanks...

Just kidding.

Will like to give a quick update that progress is good so far . Light fitting complete today and tomorrow. Air-conditioning fitting tomorrow aircon fanciful and compressor will be fitted.

Plan for paint touch up and washing Sat. Ready for laminated flooring for stairs and upper floor. Carpentry work next we'd.

Still not ready for the tblog yet as photo are taken in my wife phone and we are busy packing so that we can shift in on 8 September.

Thanks...

Hi, welcome to EM club! Which part of Jurong West? Mine is B.Batok 5XX. After u shift in to new place, then starts ur T-blog, ok? :P

Just kidding.

Thanks...

hahahahahhahaha

Welcome to the Maisonette Owners Club and in particular, the WMC! (West-side Maisonetters Club) :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

Hi all,

got to know this website from my friend and really very informative for someone who wanted to start a renovation :good: . Collected my key in Aug and starting my renovation on 9 Sept.

Hi all,

got to know this website from my friend and really very informative for someone who wanted to start a renovation :good: . Collected my key in Aug and starting my renovation on 9 Sept.

Congratulations!!

I bet you're very excited now! teehee

I'm collecting my keys on the 9th of Sept and starting reno on the 16th of Sept so we can compare notes along the way! HIGH FIVE!

Congratulations!!

I bet you're very excited now! teehee

I'm collecting my keys on the 9th of Sept and starting reno on the 16th of Sept so we can compare notes along the way! HIGH FIVE!

Ya, excited and busy selecting all the necessary item, going to JB to make some purchase for ceiling fan and lighting to save some cost...hehee