Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

exterior sure old, but there will be 5 years new painting every year (i hope?) so what really matters is when you are in the house, i dont really hang around the neighbourhood lah.

pardon me, but i dont really care about the view of the surrounding. seriously singapore got what view lah. everywhere also same hdb block if not is beside main roads, beside schools...OMG. haha. i just pray for a silent surrounding i happy already. and most most most important, no siao neighbours! i very scare.

Every 5 years? The Blk I saw at Yishun is a combination of light blue, light yellow and white in colour.

Haha... Funny you. Surrounding view ok lah.

When are you moving into your new EM?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

now only left newbies here, the previous EM owners very quiet liao. =(

my unit is the type that the balcony is rectangular in size and outside the living room area. i much much prefer those square balcony that is in between the living room and kitchen and got 2 doors type. my balcony cant do much, and the stupid aircon compressor must place there. dont know can relocate or not.

having a kid, i look for minimal furnitures, that means no need nice glass display shelves, no TV console, because kid likes to stand there and play with toys when the tv is on...i hated that!!!!! oh god must keep carrying them away.

i hope to have maximum storage area. the staircase store room is pathetically small

So you building more storage spaces? Yup, I got a lot of barang-barang. Been clearing some stuffs to minimize clutter.

We also dedicated quite a big area in the living room (5 room HDB) for play yard.

Can I ask for some advise, do u think I should rewire or not? I mean my "28 yr old" house?

Better to. Especially since you are going to stay there for the long haul.

@Aries I would love to build more storage space but carpentry work is the killer, will cost a bomb. Will see how budget permits.

I hate renovation, the process is very traumatic. I moving probably after 7th month, which is Sep. haha still long but coz I am FTWM I don't have much spare time. So gotten start plan and search for ideas early.

@Aries I would love to build more storage space but carpentry work is the killer, will cost a bomb. Will see how budget permits.

I hate renovation, the process is very traumatic. I moving probably after 7th month, which is Sep. haha still long but coz I am FTWM I don't have much spare time. So gotten start plan and search for ideas early.

Good to plan early. 👍

By the way, went to view 2 units. The lower level is about 700+sqm?

It's ok ... I got my unit last Aug... just starting reno soon :)

Hi,

New comers or potential new comer to the EM club... Welcome Welcome :thumbs up:

I think now it is not so active here because no one is selling their EM due to the new ruling...it is the buyer market now.

I think 2nd reason...a lot of us need to work harder to pay to earn $$ to pay for what we spend on the renovation and high COV....hahahaa :deal:

You can read thru my humble journey on renovation of my 4 room and EM, both done by same contractor with same challenges of short duration within 1 month!

Maybe I am lucky, both time I made it...

Just some advices to share here...you cannot just depend on ID or contractor to meet your renovation schedule, you need to work hand in hand with them. No point making the relationship sour and cannot see each other eye to eye... else how you expect the work a good piece of work done.

Some will say I seow ah ..."Pay money still need to worry about coordinating the work..." but hor... don't forget you are the one with tight timeline to meet and THIS IS YOUR DREAM HOME not theirs... be fair to others, they deliver the work you pay them lah...dun be too calculative and demanding, every contractor and ID also have many month to feed, so don't cut throat till they drain out all blood.

I always tell my Contractor aka ID, "dun tell me you have no profit or loss money doing the job, it is just how much honest profit you want to make out from the deal"

A project that loss money who will do it, so if you have Variation Order (VO) on the agreed Quotation, maybe additional Carpentry work, different tiles etc. negotiate to a reasonable agreed price. If you cut them too deeply, they will know how to cut back on you elsewhere to minimize their losses... so who suffer a the end...

heheee...sound like "Contractor" ...no I am not, just that I done some commercial coordination project work in my early years...the theory and trick behind is sama sama.

Looking back...I enjoy the process of renovation...seeing our own idea visualizing in front of us day by day... :thumbs up: but I hate :angry2: the packing and unpacking of stuff...and the house shifting...so tiring.

Just so much here for the day...good luck and all the best to all EM Lovers... :jammin:

• Like 1

Hi,

New comers or potential new comer to the EM club... Welcome Welcome :thumbs up:

I think now it is not so active here because no one is selling their EM due to the new ruling...it is the buyer market now.

I think 2nd reason...a lot of us need to work harder to pay to earn $$ to pay for what we spend on the renovation and high COV....hahahaa :deal:

You can read thru my humble journey on renovation of my 4 room and EM, both done by same contractor with same challenges of short duration within 1 month!

Maybe I am lucky, both time I made it...

Just some advices to share here...you cannot just depend on ID or contractor to meet your renovation schedule, you need to work hand in hand with them. No point making the relationship sour and cannot see each other eye to eye... else how you expect the work a good piece of work done.

Some will say I seow ah ..."Pay money still need to worry about coordinating the work..." but hor... don't forget you are the one with tight timeline to meet and THIS IS YOUR DREAM HOME not theirs... be fair to others, they deliver the work you pay them lah...dun be too calculative and demanding, every contractor and ID also have many month to feed, so don't cut throat till they drain out all blood.

I always tell my Contractor aka ID, "dun tell me you have no profit or loss money doing the job, it is just how much honest profit you want to make out from the deal"

A project that loss money who will do it, so if you have Variation Order (VO) on the agreed Quotation, maybe additional Carpentry work, different tiles etc. negotiate to a reasonable agreed price. If you cut them too deeply, they will know how to cut back on you elsewhere to minimize their losses... so who suffer a the end...

heheee...sound like "Contractor" ...no I am not, just that I done some commercial coordination project work in my early years...the theory and trick behind is sama sama.

Looking back...I enjoy the process of renovation...seeing our own idea visualizing in front of us day by day... :thumbs up: but I hate :angry2: the packing and unpacking of stuff...and the house shifting...so tiring.

Just so much here for the day...good luck and all the best to all EM Lovers... :jammin:

Hello Dannywmp,

I've viewed 5 EM thus far. The 595K unit seems spacious, esp the bedrooms. However, reconsidering.

Perhaps we will wait for BTO that has loft units since we are not in a rush.

Meanwhile, thinking of renovating our home's kitchen and toilets/bathrooms. We like our floor to ceiling windows in the living room and master bedroom. Not too sure if we are going to renovate our living room. Shall see.

:)

i went to JB over the weekend to my auntie newly reno semi-d. OH GOD. her house is only RM418K, less than 200k sing and complete with security guard, facilities i.e. pool, tennis court and children's outdoor playground. and here we are struggling =(

if i am buying celling fans, lights and toilet wares in JB, who will install them for me? will my contractors or electrician do it for me free or i need to pay them additional installation fees?

So long never come renotalk! Time flies! I have Been staying in EM for a year ! Welcome all new EM owners!

So long never come renotalk! Time flies! I have Been staying in EM for a year ! Welcome all new EM owners!

Hello, so how has the experience been? :)

Jus stumbled on this thread! Hi everyone! :D:D

We bought an EM around Lorong Chuan last year Nov, and we just started our reno in mid April...scheduled to complete around end June.

Off-topic: Anyone had problems logging in Renotalk recently? I didnt manage to log in over the last weekend..wonder if it's my computer or the forum server..hmm

Great to see this blog come alive again! After a long absence, I am happy to see new people joining the ranks of EM owners here.

I hope to get new ideas from these sharing. I also realise my tblog has 'disappeared' n gone into the renotalk museum....haha :)

Upgraded to "pioneer" renotalk citizen liao...LOL.. congrats

Great to see this blog come alive again! After a long absence, I am happy to see new people joining the ranks of EM owners here.

I hope to get new ideas from these sharing. I also realise my tblog has 'disappeared' n gone into the renotalk museum....haha :)

• Like 2

got a question for mansionette owners, how do you vacuum the second level floor? We have an osim vacuum but the thought of lugging it upstairs and the difficulty with the stairs is quite zzzzz.

Wife is suggesting getting those cordless/standing vacuum, any recommendations? Dyson/Electrolux/Bosch? Cordless gives me the impression the suction power is not that strong....

I have an osim, a smaller and more portable vacumn and a handheld one for kids play area. the osim is a pain to lug ard so i think would be good if you invested in another smaller or handheld one.

it is never a bad idea to have more storage space if budget permits. we use the yard area to build a large cabinet that extends partially into the 2nd floor. i moved to an em for almost 3 years and unless u regularly dump stuff you will need that space. for some reason there are empty spaces underneath the windows in two of my bedrooms, we have converted that into storage areas as well. the staircase storeroom is quite horrible for storage, small and weird shape.

• Like 2