Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone of you faces the same problem as me? 1st floor toilet no ventilation window...

Is it important to have ventilation for the toilet?

Since there is no window, we asked the contractor to leave a gap above the door.....for ventilation. Can't imagine doing business inside there in totally enclosed space....

I want to install exhaust fan in MBR toilet, 1 common room, kitchen. Anyone does this?

In Malaysia, my aunties house fix exhaust fan everywhere. So the air circulation is very good. In hot weather like lately, her house also consider cooling.

it's a sliding door...dun think we are able to leave a gap above the door...sighs

Thinking if I should hack the top part away to put ventilation blocks so that there will be some form of ventilations... obviously $$$

Since there is no window, we asked the contractor to leave a gap above the door.....for ventilation. Can't imagine doing business inside there in totally enclosed space....

I wanted to install exhaust fan in 2 of the toilets too, but the window supplier advised me against it, saying the power of the exhaust fan will eventually die down, and its not very useful to ventilate the toilet..plus I myself have a bit of OCD, and the thought of not able to clean the exhaust fan kind of bug me...

He told me there are 2 types of exhaust fans - one gets powered when u pull the string and other is motor. The former dun look very nice, with that string thinggy, and the motor version is much nicer, however expensive...so in the end, we just opt for normal louver window.

I want to install exhaust fan in MBR toilet, 1 common room, kitchen. Anyone does this?
In Malaysia, my aunties house fix exhaust fan everywhere. So the air circulation is very good. In hot weather like lately, her house also consider cooling.

Edited by raspberryjam

I am using folding door with a gap above it.....no sure if this is possible with sliding door.

Anyone of you faces the same problem as me? 1st floor toilet no ventilation window...

Is it important to have ventilation for the toilet?

lvl 1 is the powder room right so probably just do biz and go, nice to have windows but probably not as crucial as those upstairs. i do have lourve windows though.

Hi, for the 1st floor corridor window grille lock is not sufficient, what can be installed to enhance the security to the window grille?

Hi, for the 1st floor corridor window grille lock is not sufficient, what can be installed to enhance the security to the window grille?

someone shared on this somewhere in the blog. Anyway, alant u are right that our first level grille n window locks are not sufficient. There is a need to install additional security locks particularly so if one is using sliding type of windows.

I am thinking of using wrought iron grille instead of aluminum grille, but the wrought iron grille will have to be casement type.

I'm staying on the 3rd floor, so it's considered pretty low. I was also concerned with home security. Besides installing grills, I actually signed up for a home security monitoring service with ADT.

This ADT home security is a 3-yr contract, renewable every yr. They will install motion detector and door alarm. In the event the alarm is triggered, it will send an alarm to ADT HQ. ADT will then call me on my mobile to verify. If I do not respond to their calls, a patrol car will be send to my house to check out the situation. I even have a ADT sign pasted outside my door. So far so good. You may like to consider such service if you really worried about security.

To me, I rather prevent a burglar from even trying to break into my home in the first place. Especially with young kids at home, I don't want to take the chance. When we think of home security, we have to think like a burglar. Would the burglar want to break into a home that has grills and even has a ADT sign outside their door? High chance that burglar will go choose a much easier target. Prevention is better then cure. Be safe not sorry.

1st floor toilet with no ventilation :wacko::wacko:

Do you think I should do anything abt it?

1stfloortoilet.jpg

I used a glass sliding door and had wooden crossbeam constructed over it, with a 2-3 inch gap at the top for ventilation. As long as you don't spend hours inside this bathroom p00ping or bathing, ventilation is fine.

IMG_7171.jpg

Hi everyone

Been missing this few weeks. Was so stressed with my id.... giving many excuses and trying ways and means to squeeze us more on cost. :angry2:

Now having problem with railing issue. A massive headache for now. If anyone have contact for railing contractors, please share. i seriously cannot tahan already... This renovation process is definitely not a good experience for me. :(

I'm staying on the 3rd floor, so it's considered pretty low. I was also concerned with home security. Besides installing grills, I actually signed up for a home security monitoring service with ADT.

This ADT home security is a 3-yr contract, renewable every yr. They will install motion detector and door alarm. In the event the alarm is triggered, it will send an alarm to ADT HQ. ADT will then call me on my mobile to verify. If I do not respond to their calls, a patrol car will be send to my house to check out the situation. I even have a ADT sign pasted outside my door. So far so good. You may like to consider such service if you really worried about security.

To me, I rather prevent a burglar from even trying to break into my home in the first place. Especially with young kids at home, I don't want to take the chance. When we think of home security, we have to think like a burglar. Would the burglar want to break into a home that has grills and even has a ADT sign outside their door? High chance that burglar will go choose a much easier target. Prevention is better then cure. Be safe not sorry.

Agreed, think the extra climbing required for 3rd floor over the ground floor is additional minus point...got to climb 3 floor only to see grille and alarm..sianz..keke