Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hello to all new EM owners. Enjoy the reno experience and your new place when you finally move in. :)

Btw, if anyone is looking for a roller shutter contractor, pls do not use Paul Aluminium. Had some problems with my shutters and they were an absolute pain to deal with. In the end we were lucky to find Ocean Newline Industries. [http://www.oceannewline.com.sg]

I'm not affiliated to Ocean Newline, just thought to share a good vendor.

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi adidaem, great to meet u again in this blog! Yes....like u, i admit i do make wrong decisions like choosing the wrong vendor and sometimes even wrong design in our renovation. We need to go thru some painful experience to rectify some of these mistakes.

Hello to all new EM owners. Enjoy the reno experience and your new place when you finally move in. :)

Btw, if anyone is looking for a roller shutter contractor, pls do not use Paul Aluminium. Had some problems with my shutters and they were an absolute pain to deal with. In the end we were lucky to find Ocean Newline Industries. [http://www.oceannewline.com.sg]

Hi adidaem,

Does Oceannewline have the motorised shutter and could you share how much they charge?

Guest cream

HI all,

Can share how much is the motorised roller shutter for the balcony?

I called Paul Aluminium but they refuse to disclose... It is hard for me to work out my budget like that. I just need to know an estimate.

Hi all,

Really glad to have found this forum... Im really new in buying resale and interior design..will continue to read more...

Been living tampines st 12 (4 room) for the past 15yrs and decided to upgrade.. In order not to cause much distruption to my family living lifestyle, im sticking on to stay at tamp (near central)... after looking for at a few flats in tamp, I decided to go for EM (reason: space and overall outlook)

Overall I am quite satisfied with a recent viewed EM at Blk 94X tamp ave 5 (top floor) and was quoted 750k... Need advise if this is price is reasonable... apart from the exisitng floor tiles, i think the remaining portion needs to be renovated.... my main concern is i dont know how much budget to cater to reno and ID

Apart from the other EM i viewed, This em has a backyard with super high ceiling (all the way to 2nd floor), was thinking if it is possible to hack the wall and extend the masterbed room over the top portion of the exisitng backyard.... my sense is that the top portion of the backyar seems wasted ..... Will greatly appreciate if experts here can share some info and advice pls ...

thanks and cheers

Edited by draken

Hi Draken,

750k seems like a steal. I was offered 720k at 85x Tampines being 6th floor only.

But you can check via www.srx.com.sg for an indicative valuation costing. ( Not always accurate thou ) but if you're ready to pay COV. Shouldn't be any issues.

And No, you can't extend out unfortunately. that area is a waste and meant to be in this manner. :)

Good buy anyway, you won't regret!

Hi Draken,

750k seems like a steal. I was offered 720k at 85x Tampines being 6th floor only.

But you can check via www.srx.com.sg for an indicative valuation costing. ( Not always accurate thou ) but if you're ready to pay COV. Shouldn't be any issues.

And No, you can't extend out unfortunately. that area is a waste and meant to be in this manner. :)

Good buy anyway, you won't regret!

thanks for the advise .... really headache to shift house ...

HI all,

Can share how much is the motorised roller shutter for the balcony?

I called Paul Aluminium but they refuse to disclose... It is hard for me to work out my budget like that. I just need to know an estimate.

Around $2k+

Draken,

I believe the price can always be negotiated.

But who is representing you? It's the Agent job to fight for you. NEVER take same agent who knows each other, they will never fight for you. Engage an independence Agent who is unrelated to the seller Agent. I did so and my agent can fight for the costing, the extension, etc.

BTW, the EMs there are pretty big. :)

Edited by Whalegaga

Nice to have the service balcony... and the main bedroom above the balcony..

Recently exercised option for a 5 Room mansionette... :jammin:

No service balcony... and main bedroom is the one facing the corridor..