Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

i ran two cat 6 lines (in case one fails) from study to living room. my main router is in the study and i have a spare router set up as a repeater downstairs to extend the range.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/diy-it-guy/diy-extend-your-wireless-range-on-the-cheap-with-a-second-wireless-access-point/

Hi all,

Anyone would like to share their experiences on the linking of their Internet at home?

Am currently using Fibre Broadband for my current Flat. Probably will transfer the Fibre Broadband to the New Area.

And the obvious location to place the Fat boy is around the TV console in the Living Room.

My wife and I have identified 4 areas which i think I might need to have internet access.

- 1st level (Living room, Dining Area with a sliding door)

- 2nd level (Master Bedroom, one of the Bedroom)

Also understood that physical Walls around will reduce the transmission and affects the receiving end.

So it mean there's a possibility that we might not receive it clearly if I'm on the 2nd level.

Been trying to understand if it's better using Wifi or a physical Cat 6 Cable linkup.

Any bros or sis willing to share their experiences?

Cheerz to all! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Unfortunately, EMs are generally asking for exorbitant prices now. The fact that none are being built makes the supply limited and keeps the prices high, so I reckon buyers and sellers are probably holding off until someone blinks. I have owned my EM for 5 years now and asking prices have increased by about 30-40% from what I paid.

I agree to certain extent.

Maybe I am blessed. I found a seller who is willing to let go at a reasonable price thou my location isn't so Woooo but the fact that Its 4 mins walk to MRT is attractive enough for me to grab.

So Bro Cleong, mind sharing your air con experiences? Do you know usually if the Air con contractors will apply for your behalf for Units mounting outside your Unit or you did it yourself?

Any experiences on that? Thanks!

Hi eigna,

Buying EM will have its pros and cons.

More privacy vs convenience.

Rare vs common ( oh we sure know that )

Maintaining vs space planning.

Sure I dread of that day wifey point at me and says Go mop!!

But what to do, hahaha. Someone gotta do it :)

Mine was a Gen 1 EM and does not require A/C application because it was mounted in the void at the balcony. However, the depth of the apartment proves to be a problem because of the distance between the compressor unit, blowers and drain pipes. Gen 1 EMs often encounter electrical systems that do not support more than a single System 4 (and only below a certain power limit). I'm not sure if more choices are available now, but back then I could only choose between Mitsubishi Starmex and Daikin.

I had my own A/C contractor which I had to coordinate with the renovation contractor but it was not that difficult though it requires at least two visits - one to lay the trunking during construction and another time to install the blowers after your flat has been painted. You will want to inspect the insulation and piping before they seal it up - especially if you bought "upgraded" stuff. But more important, make sure the drainage pipes have a gradient so that condensation water can flow unimpeded from each blower.

hi all.been missing so many months. finally finish my reno and move in for a month over. I m lucky that I have smooth reno process.love the space, airy and bright em.

Just to share one issue with regards to Openet, Fibre connections. (Whatever we call it, haha)

I am faced with 2 issues for my relocation form my current Flat to my soon-to-be renovated EM unit.

i) I'll be using back my Plan and I need to transfer it over to my new flat.

ii) The current fibre cables layout doesn't' fit my ideal location as I actually shifted the location of the TV point from one Wall to the opposite Wall.

I spoken to my electrician who suggested either we remain the point as it is, set up my modem and lay a cable across the ceiling (to be concealed) to my new TV location.

Another way is to get the Service Provider to relay the cables during the renovation stage.

Thus just for some updates on the costing.

S$235.0~S$250.0 for recable/ new installation of the fibre cables to your home.

S$90 for activating the plan in my new home

Total expected trips by Service Provider (For my case is Singtel)

1st trip - laying of cables to our desired location

2nd trip - activation of opennet outside my home

3rd trip - activation of Mio TV etc by Singtel staff

Hope this helps!

Hi all EM'ers,

Found this blog, great tips! My EM is at Bkt gombak and just had HIPS upgrading. Am looking for electric awning like coffee shop type for my balcony. Any lobang? New in selection of contractor phase

Dear All, you may wish to contact us for shutters only for your manision.

Some of our works can be found at www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Email: enquiry@successshutters.com.sg

Thank you

Edited by Success Shutters
typo

Hi..

Have revamp totally an EM in hougang Central contract sum $69k... They done complete new tiling for everything, complete new wiring with testing n even a polycarbonate.

Do let me know so I can PM the pictures to u or email me for friendly chat jl.designncontract@gmail.com

Cheers

Johnny

Hi sherwinsm,

Nice to hear that, which area and how much if you dont mind sharing.

Best to google for polishing and Grind of parquet flooring. U can get some contacts from there. Good luck!!