Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Any hardware store should be able to supply those rubber pieces, ask the uncle behind the counter and he will show you. I buy mine from the neighbourhood hardware store. Its nothing more complicated than a rubber wiper blade, or nylon bristle-like brush.

I'm aware that Toh Guan near IMM have one of the last batches of EM - you might find them in Choa Chu Kang North as well. I think HDB stopped building it pretty much around the same time that Walk-In Selection of flats ended.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks cleong!! I will install them for the room doors.

Does anyone have 2 aircon compressors for their Gen 2 units? Pondering if I should install fan or aircon for the ground floor room.

i think mine is gen 2. balcony behind the kitchen and i have my own refuse chute.

i like the open balcony but unfortunately i will have some laminated cabinets at the balcony so i have to block it against rain.

But I have 148 sqm and not 150++ type.... Ya having own private chute is actually much easier. Which areas have the Gen 4?

I have 3 rain showers but the usage is reasonable. My electricity is the one which takes most because of the aircon i think?

Cleong, where can I get Install rubber/plastic gaskets?

Moved in 4 months and still trying to work out what to do with the house *lol*

kissgurami,

you can buy from HomeFix or any hardware stores. They have different types like rubber, brush type, etc.

i think mine is gen 2. balcony behind the kitchen and i have my own refuse chute.

i like the open balcony but unfortunately i will have some laminated cabinets at the balcony so i have to block it against rain.

Rather than protect from the rain and elements, may be a better idea to opt for outdoor furniture and cabinetry. Costs more but looks better and will be more durable. Even if you protect laminated cabinets from direct rain, the high moisture levels and heat due to exposure will cause the laminates to peel pretty fast.

Hi Sherwinsm,

I'm not so sure of other Generation Mansionette but I've noticed the rain (seriously heavy) hardly comes into the Service Balcony for my Gen 3 Unit.

But the moisture content is really high thou; the area can feel cold and damp at times.

I really think you should consider having the installation of your proposed cabinet at the Balcony on later dates, stay in for a couple of months first to observe.

However if your proposed laminated cabinet is extended/ part of your kitchen; then consider using other kinds of material which can withstand the moisture.

Bro Cleong is very right on it.

Besides renovating a maisonette isn't cheap. my pocket still hurts and i'm only 80% completed at the current moment, ouch.

Oh, can show them? My ID was against having laminated cabinets at my balcony. I wanted to do some shelving to create a laundry are.

my balcony gets full force of the rain lol, 3/4 of the flooring will be wet but it dries really fast as well

Besides renovating a maisonette isn't cheap. my pocket still hurts and i'm only 80% completed at the current moment, ouch.

totally agree!!!!! My place is like 60% complete due to budget and work doesn't help . so adding bits a little at a time. do envy the rest where everything is done to the tee and complete....

Oh, can show them? My ID was against having laminated cabinets at my balcony. I wanted to do some shelving to create a laundry are.

my balcony gets full force of the rain lol, 3/4 of the flooring will be wet but it dries really fast as well

Actually im not doing the laminated cabinets, it will be from previous owner and we would like to retain them since it is still in good condition. Well, another is becoz our budget is really tight so our renovation will be very tight as well.

I cannot show now since i havent got the keys but here is the balcony from outside

gallery_18462_7_89758.jpg

From your pictures, almost all of them are either covered by Roller shutter or a roof over it. U should not face much issue it seems with regards to weather exposure. It is those blocks of EMs near tampines mrt am I right?

Edited by Whalegaga

Hihi,

I am new here. I have a EM for resale right at the upcoming Tampines Townhub..Unblock and above Mid floor.

If any of you happened to chance upon this post and would like to view or have frds looking.. PM me pls !:) Thank U!!

Hi all, I've just received my OTP for a EM at Yishun Ring Road Blk 3xx

Hope to meet fellow owners, esp neighbours who stay in the area!!

my unit requires complete overhaul (hacking floor and wall, rewiring, windows etc)... I should be engaging Mr Yeak who did my first flat 5 yrs ago

He estimated cost to be at least $80K *gulp*

First question - anyone have 2 air con compressor in their service balcony? Any problems with having the compressors there?

Thanks very much!

Hi guys,

I bought my Gen 3 EM about 14 years ago in Woodlands block 7XX. It was move in condition, we only had to paint before moving in but paid $30k COV. To cut a long story short, it's time for reno and I've 99% finalized with a company called Rows & Columns (anyone have experience using them, appreciate your feedback). They're charging me approximately $35k for the following works (summary):

1. Hacking & re-tiling kitchen + toilet

2. New kitchen cabinets with piping

3. Cereta solid surface kitchen top (is this quartz or diff?)

4. Hacking & re-tiling 2 toilets upstairs

5. Vanity cabinets and sliding shower screens for 2 toilets

6. Sanding & re-varnishing the parquet flooring (upstairs all the rooms + common area)

7. Feature wall with TV console

8. Whole house painting

I'm left with some queries:

1. I have problem drying clothes indoors, I've installed a ceiling hanging aluminum clothes line but it right in front of the downstairs toilet.

a) Any other suggestions?

b) The void area ceiling is too high, anyone using this to mount clothes drying solution?

2. Recommended location for curtains and curtain railings.

3. I'm planning to order my bathroom fixtures from Tabao, any feedback?

I would greatly appreciate your valuable input.

Nazza