Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

WP_20150519_009.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Toilets hacked - New waterproofing & new tiles (Problem Solved!)

IMG_0280.jpg

WP_20150519_010.jpg

No more leakage. No more flooding. Totally dry

Aschick,

My apologies. In case your question goes unanswered due to my long response, I am reposting it:

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Dear Icon Interior, in an unrelated issue, is it your practice and credible to start carpentry works before satisfactory acceptance of 3D design by your client?

Edited by AxelC

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all...

I am currently looking out for a flat for my family of 4 (coming 5!)...

Would like to check if it's possible to have a complete makeover of an EM within 60K?

Expected works including hacking away of (really) old flooring & kitchen, and just doing bare minimum of relaying whole flooring + kitchen + 3 toilets + (maybe) built-in wardrobe for Master.

:)

Hi all...

I am currently looking out for a flat for my family of 4 (coming 5!)...

Would like to check if it's possible to have a complete makeover of an EM within 60K?

Expected works including hacking away of (really) old flooring & kitchen, and just doing bare minimum of relaying whole flooring + kitchen + 3 toilets + (maybe) built-in wardrobe for Master.

:)

Unlikely. 5 years ago I did it for just over 40k and did not do the flooring (except for kitchen and bathrooms). I repolished the marble and relacquered the parquet. I also redid the staircase and windows. If it is the first owner you are buying from (I suspect it is, since the extensive makeover) then you must allocate money to redo the 20-year old electrical wiring for safety's sake. We need much more powerpoints now than 20 years ago and extension plugs and cords are just a fire waiting to happen.

looking for advise with em gen2. any advise installing a pendant light in your balcony?

Consider how safe it would be to change the bulbs, which you would eventually......

Looking forward to the start of my own EM reno t-blog. :) This is my 2nd attempt at reno for EM and **** prices have changed over the years...sobs...oh well

Has anyone changed the direction of their staircase? We have just bought an EM but the start of the staircase faces the kitchen door and cuts the space between the living room and the dining room. The demarcation is good but we were thinking maybe can shift the lower half of the staircase against the wall - which is similar to other EM layouts i've seen. This will then open up the space of the house. Currently the space under the stairs is very wasted!

QUOTE (ckhoo @ Mar 25 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all

i m new EM owner. have been following the forum for a looonnng time. finally getting my keys next week. would like to check with EM owners who have done total overhaul for their house, how much was ur reno? the 1st quote i jus received fr a contractor is $123k. almost fainted! !!! is this normal? i am really tearing down the whole house, even realigning stairs.

can anyone who has done a total overhaul for their reno share their quotation with me? quite desperate cos once i get keys next week i hve to start reno immediately....only hve 6 weeks to complete reno so that i cn move out of my current location.

thx in adv

Can't comment much cos didn't see you quote but if it is ID and u r using all top grade material then it is about there. For your info, the stair is a killer.

I have seen many doing major over hual from 50k to 80k.

Hello! Can i check if you managed to realign the stairs? Did you need to go get some engineer/architect and submit proposal to HDB for approval? Or can just hack. How much was the cost?

Hi guys I'm a newbie to EM and very soon will have to start my reno, planning to redo the pipping, wiring, full cabinet for the hse, laminating the upper floor flooring and aircon. Any guys can advise on the price?

hihi,

all EM owners! Im newbie here.. would like to know if anyone is currently doing or starting their reno?

care to share what is the market rate to overhaul the house?

thank you so much!

Hi, not sure if the thread is still active. I was quoted $2,200 for painting of my EM inclusive of staircase, sewage piping and door frame. Is it reasonable?

Went to gain city to get my airconditioning over the weekend. Was quoted additional $150 for scaffolding. Anyone encounter this?

Hi, currently a proud owner of an EM. Did a lot of research and almost got about 15 quotes for reno.

Almost all the reno cost btw 80-100k as EM is like renovating two houses.

Eventually chose 281 design which i felt quite reasonable compared to the others.

No awaiting to see the job completed without any problems.

Hi there,

am getting my EM in June. 

My rooms are all on the ground flr, and open concept on the upper.

Any owners have the same EM?

Care to share some pic for the upper floor?