Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xkeviian

Ceiling Fan - Kdk Vs Fanco

Haha....great minds think alike, I suppose!

If a product is so wonderfully good and reliable, why would it needs lifetime warranty huh? Hehe......

Edited by kooky

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

got a few sets of Elmark LED ceiling fans for my friends..

rm400 plus per set.. LED warranty 1 yr, fan motor 3 yrs.

should last more than a yr.. fingers cross.. lol

pic attached below for reference.

Also saw some lelong elmark 56" 5 abs blades ceiling fans without lights.. rm200plus.

dark colours.

cheers

1.jpg

I was told KDK warranty is only 1 year while Fanco is lifetime warranty?

The lifetime warranty is for motor I guess. Just wondering besides motor and remote control, what other components most likely will fall apart after a few years? :idea:

I am using the KDK V60 fan for past 6 months, good spread of air flow outside fanning area.

Installation on the fan is important. i bought it Singapore for $360 though i know in JB, you can have the exact thing for 1/2 the price.

i encounter unbalance fan when running at high speed (fan tilted to one side(5 to 10 degrees) after reaching max. fan speed for 20 seconds..

Managed to get the local agent guy to fix it. By right must pay for basic balancing for $40 or less. But the agent did not collect it.

According to the service guy. the fan was not properly assembled to the ceiling.

Example tightening force on all blade not the same causing wing vibrate differently.

Also the central hut that hold the whole fan assembly was not tight.

The balancing work by KDK (Capitol) was excellent. After balancng , I hardly can notice any wobbling at all.

He spend 1 hours dismantling and assembly each wing.

That is the good side of buying with local warranty.

Not good side is, $160 more than JB counterpart.

I used to have an Elmark 54" in the hall, however after 1 yr, remote control was not workg. I calles Bright House Lights for servicg ( i had bought the fan from them), they charged me $155 for remote control replacement & labour! Another 12 months later, the remote control was not working again. Elmark company has poor service & Bright House charges are very expensive. I decided to give up repairing the fan. Finally i went JB recently & bought 56" Alpha brand at just a fraction of the price that Bright House charge for a similar 56" Fanco brand w LED lighting. Alpha fan is wkg well, & wind is very strong even at level 1.

I got my Fanco ceiling fan from a fellow Renotalk bro. He also installs the fan. No wobbling, no shaking. Very steady even at max speed. Somemore my fan is installed on false ceiling.

So far after 1 year, the only small issue I had was a 'click click' sound. I contacted the Renotalk Bro and he came over the next day. Did a quick check and slight re-balancing of the fan. Thereafter no more sound liaoz. Yeah!! Good service and no major issues with the fan. Will definitely buy more Fanco fans from Bro once my new place is ready in 4-mths time. :yamseng:

If anyone keen, you can contact Bro via his business thread in Renotalk forum.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42520&st=720

Hey pal,

Thanks for yr nice compliment appreciate very much.... and also thanks for your support as well..... :wub: :wub:

Glad to know that you like the fan...and it's always my pleasure to take good care of my customers....... :good: :good:

As for yr new place, just let me know when you get yr keys, I'll help you choose the suitable fan for your area.

:drunk: pal

I got my Fanco ceiling fan from a fellow Renotalk bro. He also installs the fan. No wobbling, no shaking. Very steady even at max speed. Somemore my fan is installed on false ceiling.

So far after 1 year, the only small issue I had was a 'click click' sound. I contacted the Renotalk Bro and he came over the next day. Did a quick check and slight re-balancing of the fan. Thereafter no more sound liaoz. Yeah!! Good service and no major issues with the fan. Will definitely buy more Fanco fans from Bro once my new place is ready in 4-mths time. :yamseng:

If anyone keen, you can contact Bro via his business thread in Renotalk forum.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42520&st=720

Edited by 3Dyms

Just installed Fanco and already have problem. One fan came with a crack on the light cover and broke immediately when electrician unscrewed to put in light bulb. Best part is, Fanco fan warranty does not cover for defects on this part. Only chose Fanco over KDK because I need ceiling fan with light.

Guess I do not have much choice here since i wont be making a L-box lighting...i cannot use KDK fan...

any other brand is recommended other than reliability and power of KDK?

I need one which is able to mount the light to replace my current florescent ring ceiling light.

this will be my study room.

anyone has done this before from this website

http://www.sgappliances.com/ceiling-fan/443-ceiling-fan-with-led-light

are they reliable? I am looking at their this 48" promotion at $380 with 20W LED light mounted.

any advise?

Edited by akomono

if lighting is already provided for in the room, i will go for KDK.. because it has got a clean look and i believe it ought to be more reliable.. Remote controller provided as a standard and the remote certainly look and feel better in term of quality as compared to the "china made" feeling Fanco controller..

For me, i have got KDK fans masterbed room and living room which i have downlights.. look well and work well.. And I have no choice but to go for Fanco fans for the other two small room due to the lighting kit required..

Edited by jackwolf

would like to know from you guys...

my bedroom does not have any L-Shaped light box...only having a ceiling light. no ceiling fan.

Intend to get a ceiling fan. however what can be done for my lighting?

I would like a KDK fan but i understand KDK doesnt have any modeal with mounted light on.

doing a L-shaped light box will be too huge renovation and cost for me.

If i were to have a ceiling fan, and link up by the side a fluorescent ring ceiling lamp,

will i get this irritating blade spinning shadow in the room?

If the light is above the blades, yes you will.

would like to know from you guys...

my bedroom does not have any L-Shaped light box...only having a ceiling light. no ceiling fan.

Intend to get a ceiling fan. however what can be done for my lighting?

I would like a KDK fan but i understand KDK doesnt have any modeal with mounted light on.

doing a L-shaped light box will be too huge renovation and cost for me.

If i were to have a ceiling fan, and link up by the side a fluorescent ring ceiling lamp,

will i get this irritating blade spinning shadow in the room?

U mean question on "spam"? I think the ans shd be a shop name " *everjxxx" at amk. Whenever u type the name, it will appear "spam"

Anyway, my fan was installed by my electrician. I got the hook from KDK distributer fr s'pore

Hi

where did you get your 60" fan?