Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pilot

Shaggy Carpet/rug

I am bumping up this topic because I am still considering if I should get the shaggy rug. I've been told by home owners that it's hard to maintain. In fact, my soon-to-be sis-in-law ended up washing the carpet and keeping it in storeroom because she found it hard to maintain :(

But I really like the idea of the carpet! Aiyah, such a dilemma. I'd appreciate any comments/feedback from home owners who own such a carpet, such as how often need to wash, vacuum, etc. Tks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My mother in-law bought exactly the same as seen Chinese N.Y 2009 in Nilai 3 Malaysia :

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgurl=htt...=image&cd=1

Sorry, l dont know how to post picture n be seen in here. The standard big usual carpet we see on shop/bazaar

dunno the measurement. After keeping visiting my in-law n kept luking at it-Alamak, l should have bought it aswell bangwall.regret regret!!! It look BEAUTIFUL.

Its cheaper coz its in RM so its all worth it! U can get the same in heritage for a price of $1.8k but in Nilai my in-law paid $950 ringgit notti.gif Plus u can bargain bargain bargain till u find reasonable to pay for dancingqueen.

l intend to go there in March to shop till my heart out for lots of things n u should too... there are so many things to buy n choose from with a little patience of cause. Just an in4 to share with u all.

Nilai 3- where it at? It before going to Sepang (if u are into F1/MotorGP) u will see the road sign and 1hr and half hr from KL (l tink) So basically u will pass Nilai 1st then sepang then KL but must turn to the right lane lah of coz.

Nilai 3- Largest Warehouse Shopping Centre

NILAI lies approximately 75km south of Kuala Lumpur via the North South Expressway in the state of Negri Sembilan. Nilai 3, a recently developed district within Nilai, has become quite well-known among locals for its low-price shopping - what locals term as 'wholesale prices', or something that is priced at a fraction of what you would have to pay if in the city.

Nilai 3 is perched on a hilltop and is entirely made up of single-storey warehouses offering a wide variety of goods ranging from furniture and artificial flowers to porcelain and car accessories as well as tidbits and knicknacks.

Textile dealers occupy quite a large section of the township, selling various type of local and imported fabric at low prices. Clothings too are quite cheap here and this is probably why Nilai 3 has caught on well with the middle and low-income earners.

Furniture dealers have also set up shop here selling anything from ironwood and rosewood furniture or cast iron and terracotta garden benches and tables. The wood furniture come mostly from Indonesia and Vietnam, but there also some from Thailand and Myanmar according to some of the dealers there. Also check out clay and stonewware products.

Car lovers should not miss the chance of getting their cars souped up for a fraction of the cost at the many car accessory shops here. Check for best prices.

If you are a homemaker, you will like Nilai 3 - there are many shops selling kitchen utensilsand you can find practically anything here - from saucepans to forks and spoons!

Everything under one roof!!!

Nilai 3 is located on a hilltop so you can't miss it. There are plenty of signboards (just follow the direction pointed by the L-shape arrow).

How to maintain shaggy carpet ~ Vaccum it weekly so it would not collect dust n clean and put it under sun regularly to maintain it color. Do not wash ur carpet with water as it will soak on the bottom carpet (even though it may look dry but are still damp underneath) and inviting our little living animals to have their nest resting there unsure

Hope this helps!!!