Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paloma

Project Punggol Breeze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi paloma

another question for me to kaypoh.. haha

i suddenly realised how come you don't have tv? you don't watch tv ah..haha.

Ya I don't watch TV. I know it seems very odd but actually it really makes the home more peaceful! :) And there's more interaction in the family. Try it! :)

Hi Paloma, thank you for all your suggestions! I was still thinking of the Orange and yellow combo, and now I'm thinking "Lemon and Oranges" hahaha ... so we shall see what works best eventually. We will be doing the big move next Thu 28/6, as we need to hand over the keys of existing place to new owner on 2 July. The reno is more or less completed, but there are some finishing touches that the ID and the relevant contractors are putting. Next week will be overdrive, every day there is an activity planned, on some days there coule be 2 or 3 overlapping tasks. Actually, the place will still not be 100% completed by the time we move in, furniture not in yet, my kitchen tap won't be delivered still, but we will just have to make do with it for a few days or weeks and slowly wait for all the purchases to get delivered. At this rate, I am shooting for 1 Sep for everything to be done up (no kidding!)

Totally understand. In fact, my house is not fully done yet, and we've been living in it for almost two weeks now? Our electrical stuff are not fully done and there's still some painting to be done. We are not completely satisfied with our kitchen too so I'm thinking there'll be more work done there too. Not to mention, I still have five unpacked boxes. It never ends!

hi paloma

I have some thing urgent to check with you, for the white brick wall, did your contractor use white cement for grouting? and also did he paint over it later or no painting of the brick wall was done? I realised my ID did the brick wall wrongly I think.. my ID use normal cement and is planning to paint over the whole wall with white paint, so it won't be able to have the raw look that I wanted... :( Pls let me know urgently so that I can ask my ID to rectify. thanks!

Hey, I'm not sure whether the cement was white but my grouting is white. And no, it wasn't painted, we left it as it is.

Ya I don't watch TV. I know it seems very odd but actually it really makes the home more peaceful! :) And there's more interaction in the family. Try it! :)

I can't live without tv haha

Hi! Just wanna say ur house look fabulous!! :)

Hi, thanks for your kind words! I checked out your blog, is your house done?

Totally understand. In fact, my house is not fully done yet, and we've been living in it for almost two weeks now? Our electrical stuff are not fully done and there's still some painting to be done. We are not completely satisfied with our kitchen too so I'm thinking there'll be more work done there too. Not to mention, I still have five unpacked boxes. It never ends!

Just to add to the many other notes telling you that you have a lovely place. :good:

Don't worry about the unpacked boxes and just enjoy your new place for now. Don't be like me tho! Think I took 6 months to fully unpack... :P

What do you plan to do in the kitchen?

haha i'm another odd one..i don't watch tv either... :thumbs up: hubby watches tv though, so we'll still have one in the living room..

Paloma, so you are also intending to ask K to add more things ah.. Glad to meet u that day but paiseh to go up ur place that time cos u had guests with u.. Can I still visit another day? :D

haha i'm another odd one..i don't watch tv either... :thumbs up: hubby watches tv though, so we'll still have one in the living room..

At least it's not in the room! :)

One reason why we didn't want a TV was also because my husband didn't want to design the living room around the TV. That has worked for us because we have more room to play around with our furniture. :)

Thanks adidaem for your kind words! Yeah I try to find time everyday to relax in my favourite corner, rather than clean, clean, clean!

Pinkwhale, no worries, you are more than welcome to visit my home. Another renotalk member, who is also K's client, has already been to my place.

Here's a shout out to piknik, you are welcome to visit my home too. I finally have a fridge after many weeks of waiting, so at least I can offer you a drink. :)