Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Pineapple! Hahaa.. You still haven't gotten around to doing your reno.. :D

That balcony is **** nice, if I had something like that, I'd remove all grilles, do a bartop like thingy all around with bar stools.. Can have friends come over sit around, look out, have drinks.. Nice.. Hahaa..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

With all the pictures of the house, I must say that I fall in love with the unit. You have such a big house! How big is the space area, IPineapple?

Happy reno.

Your current place is well maintained.... A plus point....r u changing the flooring?

Haha..thanks bro...the pictures good nice nia. Actually lot of defects when you zoom into it. I have to keep the flooring to keep the reno cost down. Keep the marble and the parquet. Kitchen and bathrooms will be redo.

Pineapple! Hahaa.. You still haven't gotten around to doing your reno.. :D

That balcony is **** nice, if I had something like that, I'd remove all grilles, do a bartop like thingy all around with bar stools.. Can have friends come over sit around, look out, have drinks.. Nice.. Hahaa..

Ya..lor ...that's why my title is super overdue reno...hahaha. Yup...my balcony all the grilles gone..looks so much brighter but not child safe now. Will post the picture later. I will turn the balcony into a garden cum chill out area.

With all the pictures of the house, I must say that I fall in love with the unit. You have such a big house! How big is the space area, IPineapple?

Happy reno.

Hi Reiki. Thanks. its about 145sqm and the balcony itself already takes out much of the area haha.

Here are some of the defects left or rather deliberately covered by the courtesy of previous owner! :curse::curse::curse:

The "PONDING" after it rain. This was the initial stage.....It gotten worst in later.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

The non-waterproofed plaster cracked at balcony wall unveiling horrible non-finished wall.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Need to spend extra money to fix the whole balcony.... :curse::curse::curse:

My reno officially started last Tuesday. My ID really fast and efficient.

Just after i confirmed, he quickly gotten all his subcon at my place to discuss my balcony issue, things to hack and wiring.

He worked really fast; have to ask him to slow down abit for me to catch up hahaha...

So we settled all the key things to do for hacking and wiring all at once. Everyone is in sycn...which is good...less chance of miscommunication. :yamseng:

Next is the tile selection. I already have my own design concept so thinking this should be pretty fast. We spent a few hours at hafarry but only managed to shortlist a few tiles. Most the nicer tiles (at affordable range) are all out of stock. :jawdrop: No choice so told my ID, we will look elsewhere for the tiles.

The next day, we went to balestier and pretty quickly gotten all the tiles i needed. Should have come here first as there are a number of tile shops here so its easiler to shop for the right tile. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by IPineapple

My reno officially started last Tuesday. My ID really fast and efficient.

Just after i confirmed, he quickly gotten all his subcon at my place to discuss my balcony issue, things to hack and wiring.

He moved really fast; have to ask him to slow down abit hahaha...

So we settled all the key things to do for hacking and wiring all at once. Everyone in sycn...which is good...less miscommunication. :yamseng:

Next is the tile. We spent a few hours at hafarry but only managed to shortlist a few. Most the nicer tiles (at affordable range) are all out of stock. :jawdrop: No choice so told my ID, we will look elsewhere for the tiles.

The next day, we went to balestier and pretty quickly gotten all the tiles i needed. Should have come here first as there are a number of tile shops here so easiler to get the tile. :sport-smiley-018:

I thought Hafary is at Balestier, which Hafary did you go in the beginning?

Btw, first time dropping by... like your balcony! Can't wait to see your reno progress.

I thought Hafary is at Balestier, which Hafary did you go in the beginning?

Btw, first time dropping by... like your balcony! Can't wait to see your reno progress.

Hi, nice for you to drop by. :yamseng:

We went to Defu lane one, its much bigger then the balestier one.

Edited by IPineapple

Hacking

Hacking started and within a day almost everything gone. So fast. The whole house looks disfigured..hahaa..hardly recognisable. Somehow feeling a bit sad and "heart pain" to see all these things gone; have been seeing them for almost year so have some feeling. :~

IMG_0732.JPG

Sands are here.

IMG_0733.JPG

Holes on balcony wall for water proofing and window grilles gone. Looks so much brighter. :jammin:

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

Master bathroom toilet

Edited by IPineapple

IMG_0742.JPG

Kitchen area

IMG_0745.JPG

This wall will be hacked off ....actually its already gone.

IMG_0799.JPG

Living room windows. Looks like those houses after war.

Edited by IPineapple

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

Common toilet with tile sample

IMG_0847.JPG

Drawing of the wet kitchen area by my ID Donny for the tiler. I will not have backsplash as its too expensive for me to have around my wet kitchen so i will use tile instead.

IMG_0782.JPG

This is the draft 3D for the tiler. Preview for you guys.

Donny gotten his drafter to do this up just for the tiler to ensure the tiler fully understand. This is not the final 3D for me. Feel is there though. :rolleyes: Donny is really hardworking, when i called him at 930pm he is working on this 3D with the drafter. :good:

Edited by IPineapple