Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Hahaha...ya...i know that. Just thinking whether to have it automated or doing it manually. Of course, Karcher is many times more powerful then the robot and robot most prob cannot clean 100% as compare to us doing it manually.

Wow...you going to get the irobot as well. :thumbs up:

I love the irobot! I used to have it in my previous house. We rather spent time on other things, or "we are just plain lazy lah" :P so the irobot is our great help. Everyday come home to a dustfree and hairfree house :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I love the irobot! I used to have it in my previous house. We rather spent time on other things, or "we are just plain lazy lah" :P so the irobot is our great help. Everyday come home to a dustfree and hairfree house :sport-smiley-018:

Haha... i belong to the lazy one. Really tempted to get both irobot and karcher but i'm sure my CFO will kill me. :fire::fire::fire:

My 2 cents is that his comment of asking Ipineapple to do his homework could be construed as provocative. I used back his phrase in my response in my earlier post... Really doesn't sound nice right? Anyway I recall reading why craft bricks have to be used. Is some HDB rule. Not sure which exact one. So I think is good to clear up this technical point for the benefit of new to reno readers.

Craftstone, Craftbrick, Florastone, etc.. are just products of a company which other company cannot named their product as such due to trademark, etc... There are of course other companies who also sell this type of products too is just that craftstone is more widely know or used by most.

HDB rule is u can't use the whole real brick to construct a wall due to weight limitation specs (that's why hollow block is usually used for construct a wall in HDB unit due to its light weight). But u can use craftstone alike material to create a feature wall as they had cut it into 1/5 or even 1/10 of the thickness of the actual stuff (like pasting tiles on the wall :P ).

Hope this info do benefit to the new reno readers :yamseng:

Anyway forum is a way of sharing experience be it good or bad experience so some can learn, understand and avoid it if it bad. Words something used may be misinterpreted by others so tried to be more considerate especially when we comment in other ppl blogs.

Lastly, wish ipineapple have a smooth renovation and do post more pics and share your experience :D

Haha... i belong to the lazy one. Really tempted to get both irobot and karcher but i'm sure my CFO will kill me. :fire::fire::fire:

I think both complement each other leh! irobot for daily cleaning, karcher for weekly cleaning.... BEST! :dancingqueen:

Craftstone, Craftbrick, Florastone, etc.. are just products of a company which other company cannot named their product as such due to trademark, etc... There are of course other companies who also sell this type of products too is just that craftstone is more widely know or used by most.

HDB rule is u can't use the whole real brick to construct a wall due to weight limitation specs (that's why hollow block is usually used for construct a wall in HDB unit due to its light weight). But u can use craftstone alike material to create a feature wall as they had cut it into 1/5 or even 1/10 of the thickness of the actual stuff (like pasting tiles on the wall :P ).

Hope this info do benefit to the new reno readers :yamseng:

Anyway forum is a way of sharing experience be it good or bad experience so some can learn, understand and avoid it if it bad. Words something used may be misinterpreted by others so tried to be more considerate especially when we comment in other ppl blogs.

Lastly, wish ipineapple have a smooth renovation and do post more pics and share your experience :D

Totally agrees, Jaskel. :rolleyes:

Thanks for dropping by and advicing the newbies.

I think both complement each other leh! irobot for daily cleaning, karcher for weekly cleaning.... BEST! :dancingqueen:

hahaha...that will be my dream team ....... Pocket not deep enough...

The robot cleaner is something worth considering. It is certainly my excellent domestic helper.

The robot cleaner is something worth considering. It is certainly my excellent domestic helper.

Bro will it bump into skirting or objects? You know if any robot can do cleaning and mopping at same time?

How long the battery can last?

Bro will it bump into skirting or objects? You know if any robot can do cleaning and mopping at same time?

How long the battery can last?

Currently, I don't think robot cleaner technology has clean and mop at the same time. The " iclebo" can clean. It also mops but must change the attachment..... That is why I didn't really bother to spend $900..... Just buy something cheaper which can almost do the same job! :)

Battery is able to last for about 80min. Good enough for me.

Edited by potatoes

Currently, I don't think robot cleaner technology has clean and mop at the same time. The " iclebo" can clean. It also mops but must change the attachment..... That is why I didn't really bother to spend $900..... Just buy something cheaper which can almost do the same job! :)

Battery is able to last for about 80min. Good enough for me.

coolio. Bro which robot you gotten and cost?

Don't ever engage Creations From The Heart, gave my friend horror for his home renovation, dont keep his words , misled his customer with "no problem" all the time, use China and Blanga workers with substandard service. Heard the ID Daniel make promises that he will not keep, thereafter send post project invoices and lawyer to subdue the customers into paying him for excesses the customer was told " all in quotation leow" and use " I will sue" if you don't send payments after  he whacks the whole house down. He will then revise the sales contract send to lawyer to collect the excess on the pretext that the customer asked fir the extras during reno without proofs of change. If customer still don't pay he threaten to sue and use aggressiveness to subdue the poor customer into submission to his demands. 

I visited my poor friends newly renovated home of 6 months,  the kitchen cabinet paint already peeled off, the door hinges already come off, patches of wood laminated the interior of the cabinet to cover up mistakes done by carpenter. Waahhh...you couldn't believe the tiles on the floor !!! The tiles are uneven throughout the house, poor thing spent more than 10K for tiles , the edges & joints of the tiles cut your sole wherever I walk, I beg to wear the house slipper , so uncomfortable. Gosh , the paint job is one kind, cracking leow. Then their 15k wardrobes, fren said made of solid wood. Piang, he dun even know he ken a taken for a ride, wat solid wood, kekeke ...when u open the doors it wobbles as the wood is so thin , more like wood panels . I have solid solid wood used for my own home cabinets, I could tell the difference immediately. His one , no need karate can split the cupboard into half. If he is lucky , he can use them for 5 yrs then run to the nearest IKEA to get them replaced. Poor thing.

Then I asked him what happened to his beautiful door knobs, heard cost them $300 bucks per pair. The contractor workers spoil them during their work n the ID refused to replaced it as he claim owners fault buying such " fragile" items n he cannot be onsite to manage his workers all the time to take care of the owners installations.  Waahh attitude la!!

Then there is this cabinet without knobs, ask my fren why so special , how to open them. Fren is now a bit frust as ask too many questions :(( can't help myself as I looking for an ID to Reno my new hme also mah. Apparently the cabinet was put up without pre agreed design , let alone quotation. So I ask then wat does the ID know wat to do. He says before even the Reno 50%  complete, the ID say just move in his barang barang as my fren old house already completed sales n had to surrender old hme to buyer  n the Reno was delayed for at least 2 months, he got no choice. So he happily arranged for movers when ID kept assuring my poor fren  " no problem one everyone does this way"  when sell n move to another hme. So my fren guessed, his carpenter took the liberty to measure up the cabinet to fit his children's tables sizes without knowing what transpired between the owner and the ID. So my fren one  day go chck progress, allo how come cabinet fixed !! Too late leow CHina carpenter said not his fault, ID vaguely mentioned something n he guessed tats wat he suppose to do. Then fren said to ID , whose going to pay for the mistake, ID says never mind la, mistake done leow, he absorb else he have to pay the carpenter to take it away also, no point la,  So fren relented :( guess wat, he showed me t post project invoice , the ID included this to make my fren pay wor like as if my fren agreed to pay for ID carpenters mistake. 

Then I ask friend why so bad luck, he should back out n stop the Iad from continuing his nonsense. he says no choice after you sign sales contract you want to honor it wat else looks bad on him to break contract . You guessed, so many horror horror stories tat contractor ditch projects n leaving behind the mess . So fren say bite the teeth n continue with the suffering. 

Then the electrical wiring like some amateur work, not ONI tat , my fren says he just found out whole hse not earthed !!! Seow leow, how these electrician get licence to do such job !! No wonder got hse going up in flames without the owners realizing the underlying issues. PUB should have done the checks rite before a project wraps up to ensure renovators do the rite thing . How would one know about electrical stuff ??. hope my fren don't get barbecued :( apparently he found out the problem when his electrical kettle power point got burnt but the house electric box never trip to safeguard the house . Luckily the maid smart,  put out the fire with bath towels and not water !!

His woes did not end there. There's the cornices, like some heavy duty art gallery. Ask him why so excessive ?? He start scratching his head at this juncture :( he says also dunno, ID says nice  & already in quotation , no point revising . So fren relented again as he dun want to mess around with sales contract n ID says he already 30 +++ years in the reno business he knows better, wah win leow :) my fren meek by nature succumbed again:( 

Then he showed me the post reno invoice, waahhh. 3 times longer than original sales contract . I ask why ask for so many items, he angry leow, saying the ID post project Put into the invoice even for all the mistakes the ID subcontractors did n start charging for labor like installation of taps , choked water drainage in then kitchen  which his subcontractor had to retify when my friend WHOLE kitchen  flooded whenever their washing machine run. Apparently ID says its not his standard support wor after owner move in. Got like tat meh?? Waahhh friend can sue him also for purposely choke his drainage so owner can be bullied to pay n pay to solve the drainage choked by Reno debris left behind by his workers rite ?

Fren show more items on invoice, got electrical items also !!! Ask him why ?? He says he was misled by ID that these are house warming gifts to owner for the late delivery and to sooth my fuming friend when his furnitures we scratched , cracked and stand fans broken by his subcontractors using them fir their pleasure when my fren have not move in yet. So ID post project, ID says they were ordered by my friend. Waahhh win again !!!

So the whole thing is, he will use post project tactic to blackmail owners to pay whilst during Reno say all inclusive already in contract or put under guise as gifts to owner. My friend reminded me of Readers Digest tactic years ago, where they send the mags unsolicited but put under as if the recipient had the choice to return if they dun , they take it that customer kept them to indicate that they  purchase them n dun wan to pay, they wld then send warning letters to take " legal action" , aggressive but unethical .

So ID now revised the whole sales contract items   n change items like suppose to be wood but delivered plastic n give my friend some discount as if my friend wanted plastic material in the first place.  Ask lawyer to collect his "rightful debt" from my poor . There is such thing as customer rights under Singapore law, renovator will learn not to bully customers also. If my friend  Had been more aggressive he wld have stopped the aggression from the beginning. Apparently ID sent him to Jurong to pick tiles on his own , wahhhh I thoth ID will take us round Singapore to pick with customers . He really make my friend work !! 

Then he showed me the scraps of hand drawn designs, cannot make it la this ID, whatever happened to Autocad ?? He got only high school standard drawings!! My fren bad and horrendous experience with Reno will be the last he says, thanks to Creations From The Heart !!!

Wahhh...thank goodness I get to know this first else ken a sai !!!