Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Whole house parquet warpped? That's quite serious.... My new home also parquet... Pls keep us updated on why it happens!

Don't know also. The parquet guy and my contractor also not sure. Can be various reasons. :bangwall:

O that's bad hope u able to resolve this issue fast

:yamseng:

Thanks bro..hopefully this time round will be good after redoing.

Hi pineapple, can i have ur id contact pls

PMed

update on my parquet...

The parquet guy came down and investigated but he also not sure what's caused the wrapping. The only solution is to re-polish the parquet again to smoothen it. My contractor told me the best they can help me is they bear half of the cost and i pay the other half.

Guess they already tried they very best to help me and i glad they still supporting me after the reno is completed. :thumbs up:

The parquet guy will this weekend and pray for the best. Sian..now i have to move all the things out of the rooms....faint. :bangwall:

haha..so house also installed by Ah Soon. Ya..the brothers are really nice people.

Hi I am looking to do up my house. Mind sharing Donny & ah Soon contact? Thanks

update on my parquet...

The parquet guy came down and investigated but he also not sure what's caused the wrapping. The only solution is to re-polish the parquet again to smoothen it. My contractor told me the best they can help me is they bear half of the cost and i pay the other half.

Guess they already tried they very best to help me and i glad they still supporting me after the reno is completed. :thumbs up:

The parquet guy will this weekend and pray for the best. Sian..now i have to move all the things out of the rooms....faint. :bangwall:

Hi, iPineapple

What I had same problem after renovation and re-polishedexisting parquet floor, my parquet floor got loosing from floor and asked contractor to fix them. I saw that contractor drilled small hole and inject gule to hole to fix small pices parquet one by one.

To cause this the most probability is amount of water of huminity gas into the parquet to expand them during renovation, and room became dry after you moved into the room and switched Air-Con, so those wood parquet can be twisted or shinked due to wood nature characters.

Hope they can fix you parquet floor issue.

Good Luck

hehehe I've read your entire blog entry from page 1 all the way to page 11.

I'M SO IN LOVE WITH YOUR BALCONY! Its really beautiful, only if HDB now build BTO in such a manner lah!

You are really fortunate to meet a bunch of attentive and responsible crew to help you and your wife to complete your dream home process!

Can't wait for the final move in pictures!

btw parquet flooring will attract termites after a long time or not? I am considering to put parquet flooring in my future home too but super scared of pests eating my whole floor D:

Thank you for sharing so much! All the best!

Ok back to my contractor selection.

As i mentioned, i have met many contractors/ID and almost all the popular contractors and ID from renotalk. haha..crazy right. The process is very tiring but i really need to find the right one after spending so much on the COV. Not much cash liao. :help: :help:

Have to spend wisely this time.

All my three shortlisted ID, i find it very confortable communicating with them:

ID J: Speaks mandarin and not comfortable talking in English, but he is very patient and responsive. He will offer advice to me and brought me to his projects.

ID R: Speaks English only, very patience, responsible and creative. He is able to offer many creative advices. One thing to note he is very busy as he is the boss and have serveral projects on hand at the same time.

ID S: My friend recommended him to me. A very quiet guy, he will just listen to what you need but will also give suggestion when need to. According to my friend though he is quiet and very busy (he is the boss) but his workmanship is very good. Anything you need him to do just text him and he will get it done. Price wise he is the most competitive.

The rest of the ID that i had met i would not mention or give any feedbacks maybe i don't have that much chemistry with them so dun wan to break their rice bowls.

Sometime these depends on fate as well.

I would recommend the above 3 ID as I know they are at least the proper one. But if you don't have any design idea or concept and looking for those ATAS ID firm, maybe they are not the one for you.

Ok back to my Final ONE! Surprise, surprise he is none of the above.

He is the black horse...last minute crossed my finishing line if not my final choice would be one of the three above. hahahaa

In actual fact, I rejected him before because his initial quote was way beyond my budget. He then followed up with me again and asked me how he can help me to meet my budget by trying his best since i was referred to him. At first, i was kinda skeptical as I'm not sure how much he could reduce. I had read about him in RenoTalk before and he was referred to me by other forumer so i knew what how good he is, plus seeing him so sincere i decided to give them another try and met up with them to review my plan again.

What i liked about him is he is very sincere and knowledgeable. He tried to match my budget without removing the items i want and advice using other materials to substitute what i needed to achieve my design. This is what i call creative and problem solving. I had met up with some ID who want to revise their quotations with me but were only asking me to take out the items. WTH! This is not solving my problem; they are just looking for an easy way out.

I'm also very frank with my ID that i don't not have much cash left and have many other financial burdens at the moment.

After negotiating and discussing with him, he finally gave me his best price. It's slightly over my budget but acceptable for me to stretch that bit.

Ok, time to reveal. My selected ID is Donny and James aka TEAM DJ. :sport-smiley-003:

They are a team so those of you who have followed others T-blogs would have read about them too. This is another good thing, cause i have two persons managing my home reno. Donny is very experienced and knowledgeable on the technical apects, while James is more towards design aspect. So when i need technical advice i will get Donny and design advice i will get James. :dancingqueen:

Till now i would say they are good and very efficient. Most importantly. they are very responsive and responsible. Whenever i need to ask them something they will always get back to me even if i cannot get them right away, they will call me or sms me back later. The whole reno progress is fast and smooth, hehehe maybe a little too fast for me to catch my breathe.

I will update the my progress...stay tuned.

Those who need my contractor contact please feel free to PM me. Happy to share with you.

Highly recommended. :good:

Hi hi IPineapple,

Can I have the contact of your contractor aka Team DJ? Thanks! My email is tansweekeng@yahoo.com.sg