Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lina Lee

How Much Agent Comm To Give? *help*

Recently, some agents have 'revised' their rates to 2% to sell, 1% to buy.

But as a norm, usually 1% sell and 1% to buy is also an acceptable market rate for HDB sale/purchase.

For Private property sales, it can range between 1.25% to 2% borne by the seller.

In general, buyers need not pay any agent commission if they buy from seller's agent directly or even via a co-broke.

Also, some agents may charge GST, others may not. It all boils down to individual negotiation.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For me, after a fair bit of negotiation, my agent charge me a round off figure which is less than 1% when buying my flat. I think agent fees, other than market rate, it also depends how much effort the agent puts in. Perhaps 1 viewing only and you got the flat you want.

Alternative, i think Its feasible this way also;

Try to lookout for classified on saturday straits times, find the house that you like, then arrange for viewing and negotiates the price yourself and then pay a agent a small amount for the paperwork thats needs to be done

Happy hunting, its a tiring process.

All the best

Regards

Liang

Edited by yhliang

E units there actually quite extreme.. From 480-600+k for sengkang n Punggol ard 500-600+.. Haa.. Some EA are selling at 560-600+k.. Soooooooo.. Haf to go pray hard at temple more ask god 保佑了.. Bwahahahahha..

hehehehe... i don't go temple to pray. then i hope you will find a suitable one soon lah.

hehehehe... i don't go temple to pray. then i hope you will find a suitable one soon lah.

Selling can get agent o agree to 1% non exclusive selling ( competition is stiff ) buying better to leave your options open and neg for 0.5%

Some units that you see in the market are somewhat exclusive units so outsiders (agents from other companies no chance)

Anyways SK EA COV down quite a bit recently... Happy Hunting

Oh yah, as for selling flat.

I sold my flat few years back, at that time market rate is 2 % and to sign exclusive. I told my agent that if he manage to sell within my expectation price, i will give him 1%, 5k beyond my expectation then will be 2%. Perhaps u can use this method. :D

@adrian_john - oh... e comms are lately revised only ah? Haa... but ya lo.. up to each individual's nego le... that's y i'm here asking ard to see what's e norm and the advises... hehehe...

@yhliang - hmm... ya... i actually told my hub maybe we pay a lower amt unless selling price is higher than we expected then we'll pay higher comm... as for the buying part... we are not expecting him to do much that's y i'm not really intending to pay or not paying much cos we are not depending on him... i actually kpo ard propertyguru and come across a few listing stating that buyer need not pay comm... seems like maybe there's a 'package' deal bah...

@wishexpress - my hub alr told our fren that it wun be exclusive to him only... so i guess that's somethihng to nego down the comm oso... n yaya... i noted that e COVs haf dropped quite a fair bit... some 5rm actually dropped quite abit oso..

@May_Dream1 - LOL.. e part on praying at temple is juz a joke.. haa... i dun really pray oso.. ;P

HEE... thanks everyone for the responses! It's really very helpful info! Seeing all the replies, I roughly know what we need to do le... HEHEHE... Thanks all!!!!

Recently, some agents have 'revised' their rates to 2% to sell, 1% to buy.

But as a norm, usually 1% sell and 1% to buy is also an acceptable market rate for HDB sale/purchase.

For Private property sales, it can range between 1.25% to 2% borne by the seller.

In general, buyers need not pay any agent commission if they buy from seller's agent directly or even via a co-broke.

Also, some agents may charge GST, others may not. It all boils down to individual negotiation.

My agent charged me GST. And its like quite a small company, end up I pay a few hundreds more for GST when the money can be used for renovation. How to check if a company is GST registered?

Googled online n found e link on iras.. But gst can be negotiated to opt out right?

https://mytax.iras.gov.sg/ESVWeb/default.aspx?target=GSTListingSearch

My agent charged me GST. And its like quite a small company, end up I pay a few hundreds more for GST when the money can be used for renovation. How to check if a company is GST registered?

Googled online n found e link on iras.. But gst can be negotiated to opt out right?

https://mytax.iras.gov.sg/ESVWeb/default.aspx?target=GSTListingSearch

if the company is gst registered, then you have to pay gst. its depends on the company whether they want to opt out of gst or not. only those less than 1mil sales per year can opt out. those above, have to be registered. no choice.

to check whether its gst registered, get the gst registration number. each company have 2 registration number, for for Registry of Companies and another is GST registration.

For buying, I got my agent to do paperwork only(1k) cos i go househunting myself, bought house at 6**k(imagine paying 1%)....

For selling,she charge me 1%.

Spoke to our fren on Fri and fixed on a 8k comm for buy and sell... but if selling price is abv wat we expect, he ask us to 'bao an angbao' ;P

As for gst, he said we nid to pay gst to e company... ZzZZzz...

Spoke to our fren on Fri and fixed on a 8k comm for buy and sell... but if selling price is abv wat we expect, he ask us to 'bao an angbao' ;P

As for gst, he said we nid to pay gst to e company... ZzZZzz...

no choice lah.... he is under a company then sure need GST loh.