Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NanthaDjFlexkid

My Crib

Hi everybody! :) Okay like the most of you, i have been reading the blogs here for sometime now. So before i go ahead and start on my reno journey, i would like to say a few words first.

I was looking ard the net to get some info and ideas on renovation when i bumped into RenoTalk. Initially i was thinking why these ppl are taking so much of trouble & time to pen down and post details of their renovation. I decided that i'm just gonna get whatever information i need and carry on. As i continued to read the blogs and the other areas in the forum, i started to gain alot of knowledge, ideas and information on not only reno but in many other areas as well. You guys have helped me tremendously and i need to do my part in contributing as well. And so to cut the long story short, i would like to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed here in one way or another.

So here i am, with my own share of trouble and difficulties before getting my flat on 09/03/12. Here is my floorplan: :jammin:

FloorPlan002.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I and my fiancee decided to just renovate the toilets and kitchen though i had wanted to do up the entire house. With wedding coming up in a month's time we can't afford a major overhaul of the house.

We went to many interior designers for quotations and to see the showflats. Most of them quoted ard the same but it was exceeding our budget. I had thought of engaging contractors but we didn't have much time before we needed the house and i didn't have enough time to research also. We were kinda exhausted and confused aft the eighth quotation.

Then, Patrick from 3D Innovative Design came over to our place one day. Aft going thru the quotation and reno details with him, we decided to engage him as we kinda 'clicked'. He also understood the idea i was trying to put across for my toilets and kitchen. We even added a full height built shoe cabinet. :thumbs up:

More pre-reno pics

CIMG1567.jpg

The window pane above the sink to be removed (HDB said needed to engage a PE to approve the hacking of the wall at the sink :dunno: which will cost $600 :o )

CIMG1558.jpg

Door to be removed

CIMG1555.jpg

Service balcony window grills to be removed

CIMG1553.jpg

Piping to be boxed up and made into a small storage unit

HDB also said the small kerb which separates the kitchen from the service balcony can't be hacked and removed. :curse:

Edited by NanthaDjFlexkid

More pre-reno pics

CIMG1541.jpg

Common bathroom (Partial hacking done FOC by previous owner :wacko: )

CIMG1546.jpg

Pipings to be painted & boxed up

CIMG1615.jpg

CIMG1612.jpg

Master bathroom (Pipes to be boxed up. Got cheated by previous owner on the moldy ceiling :angry:. This now costs $380 to be fixed!)

CIMG1608.jpg

Shopping

We went to recce the shops at Balestier, Jalan Besar and Geylang for bathroom and kitchen accessories. Here are some of stuffs we liked:

A shop in Balestier (One of the cheaper ones, can't remember the name :P )

IMG_0193.jpg

Kitchen sink - $299

IMG_0194.jpg

Kitchen sink tap - $298

IMG_0195.jpg

Shower with heater - $380

GR Link Marketing :good:

IMG_0214.jpg

Tap mixer (Nobel) - $139

IMG_0219.jpg

WC (Cristo) - $200

Shopping continued

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Shower with tap mixer - $339

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Taps

IMG_0218.jpg

Basin - $230

And some of the other stuffs at his place (Dun have pics):

Storage heater (30 L) - $250

Fanco fan with led & remote - $445

Shopping continued

Bath zone :good: They were having a sale

IMG_0224.jpg

Rain shower - $370 We loved it! Diff and unique from the normal ones we have seen so far

IMG_0225.jpg

Basin - $120

IMG_0228.jpg

Basin with stopper - $195

IMG_0226.jpg

Tap mixer - $159

And some of the other stuffs:

WC - $198

Shower with heater - $185

Storage heater (Ferroli) - $250

4 piece set - $78

With the black mold on your toilet ceiling, it means your neighbour's toilet is leaking. Any way to get a HDB official to have a look see? If it is really your neighbour's fault, they have to re-waterproof their flooring. Cost will be 50% bore by HDB and 50% by both your neighbour and yourself. I suggest you call HDB on this.

Did exactly that and guess what HDB said,

001.jpg

And when i asked my contractor how much will this cost, he said $380.

Tile Selection continued

The place was closing for the day already and we were still not done yet aft being there for 5hrs :D . Super exhausted, we just collected the samples & went home to decide which tile it shall be.

We returned back the next day early to reselect the tiles as we were not satisfied with any of the chosen ones. This time we took our time to carefully decide what we really liked. These were more or less the confirmed ones:

IMG_0255.jpg

Common bathroom shower area wall & the white tile for rest of the wall

IMG_0237.jpg

MBR wall (We saw this in their showflat and immediately loved it!)

IMG_0235.jpg

The patterned tile is not chosen as it costs $30++ per tile :jawdrop:

IMG_0264.jpg

Common bathroom in between the vanity top & mirror

I didn't take pics for the rest of the tiles as i was sian of taking my phone in and out of my pocket the whole day. We left the place abt 1hr before they closed. Improvement :sport-smiley-004:

Yo! Nice blog!

We spent many many hours at Soon Bee Huat (Toh Guan) as well, at least.... 15?

Let me count.. First time, we spent about 4 hours walking about cluelessly on the ground floor and then the upper floor, jotting down details of nice tiles..

2nd time there we spent 8hrs, hahahahahahaa.... We finally decided on the tiles we wanted, none of which were the ones we saw on our first visit.

3rd time, about 3 hours, making final decisions and made a couple of changes.

Reading about you spending hours there brings back fond memories..

Good luck with your reno! :D