Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blessedbeloved

Contractor Not To Engage

Dear All,

I feel compelled to post this as i do not wish for anyone to go through the stress i did. I've very carefully considered the circumstances of the situation and feel it is my moral duty to pre-warn you of this contractor.

I engaged the services of this contractor to do the following for my learning centre.

1.Paint

2. Change glass door

3. Dispose rubbish

4. Dismantle existing carpet.

This guy took my money and did not complete the job leaving and all other flooring works etc hanging in the air as the bulk of the debris and rubbish has to thrown before the wooden floor can be laid.

He has not returned calls and i will be making a police report shortly.

Here is the timeline of the events to give an accurate and clear picture.

1. 11 April paid deposit of $1500 to commence work the next day but workers only arrived at night 12 April after 7pm, to do partial dismantling of carpet.

2. 13,14 & 15 April- no one came to do anything so i texted him that i will report him to the authorities if my calls go unanswered and no-show. He finally replies and says he was in malaysia. Also found out by chance when i went there at night that he cleared partial rubbish after my text.

3.16 April, the workers start painting and he asks me money for hiring lorry to dispose at lor halus dumping ground. (claims its dumping fees) So i paid him $1200 to throw rubbish and additional painting of wooden doors.

4. Took the money and has since never returned calls or done anymore work. My property is damaged, painting incomplete and rubbish still not thrown.

5.The only last communication after repeated calls went unanswered was a text message from him saying that " mine was a mini-job, take only a few days to finish, that he has many projects, that he is not sitting at home, that he complete in different portions of time".

He goes by the name of Desmond. His mobile no is 8122 2128 and his company operates under the name of Perfectwood Pte Ltd. He advertises daily in the Straits Times classified ads.

Like i said earlier, it really saddens me that i have to do this, but i really felt that no one should be cheated by this man anymore.

This is not bad-mouthing a bad service. This is a cheating case. I will be reporting to the police later. I'm going to try to up-load pictures of all the incomplete work as proof.

Edited by blessedbeloved

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear All,

I feel compelled to post this as i do not wish for anyone to go through the stress i did. I've very carefully considered the circumstances of the situation and feel it is my moral duty to pre-warn you of this contractor.

I engaged the services of this contractor to do the following for my learning centre.

1.Paint

2. Change glass door

3. Dispose rubbish

This guy took my money and did not complete the job leaving and all other flooring works etc hanging in the air as the bulk of the debris and rubbish has to thrown before the wooden floor can be laid.

1. 11 April paid deposit of $1500 to commence work the next day but workers only arrived at night 12 April after 7pm, to do partial dismantling of carpet.

2. 13,14 & 15 April- no one came to do anything so i texted him that i will report him to the authorities if my calls go unanswered and no-show. He finally replies and says he was in malaysia. Also found out by chance when i went there at night that he cleared partial rubbish after my text.

3.16 April, the workers start painting and he asks me money for hiring lorry to dispose at lor halus dumping ground. (claims its dumping fees) So i paid him $1200 to throw rubbish and additional painting of wooden doors.

4. Took the money and has since never returned calls or done anymore work. My property is damaged, painting incomplete and rubbish still not thrown.

5.The only last communication after repeated calls went unanswered was a text message from him saying that " mine was a mini-job, take only a few days to finish, that he has many projects, that he is not sitting at home, that he complete in different portions of time".

He goes by the name of Desmond. His mobile no is 8122 2128 and his company operates under the name of Perfectwood Pte Ltd. He advertises daily in the Straits Times classified ads.

Like i said earlier, it really saddens me that i have to do this, but i really felt that no one should be cheated by this man anymore.

This is not bad-mouthing a bad service. This is a cheating case. I will be reporting to the police later. I'm going to try to up-load pictures of all the incomplete work as proof.

Never engage a contractor if they don't have office, showroom or factory. If they take your money and run, you will have hard time finding them. Cheap can be costly!

Dear All,

1.Paint

2. Change glass door

3. Dispose rubbish

The surname is Pxx ?

Dear all, be aware of this contractor called Marvin Wong and Shirley Lee from Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd. Pay them 80% and they stopped work at around 15%. Pressing us to pay further and was told will not start work until we pay . Currently seeking legal action against them. Pointless to seek Case and police. Police reports were made. They having a booth on this coming renovation fair at Expo, Classic Living 2012 (21/07/12-29/07/12). Please do not engage them.

Anyone happened that engage this guy, please let me know. Appreciated that.

Marvin Wong/ Shirley Lee

Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd

Hi,

There is no case against the contractor for the police report lodge against them. The police classified as record purposes unless it become a criminal case which involving fraud or criminal threats. Seek small claim tribunal is more proper and useful.

this is rather simple, all you need to do is to ask someone to call them up for site seeing, when he appear, gets all your brothers and relatives to surround him :sport-smiley-003: