Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gnstap

Renovation Progress Payments

Hi, my renovation is almost conpleting. I am supposed to Make my last 2nd payment (10%) before the final 5% retainer fee.

ID was kind to start the carpentry works even before I paid up. But I just went to see my house. Lightings are up so I can see that painting of the walls and plastering job was a disaster. Painters also had paint all over my laminated flooring.... Although ID say that he will make sure the paint is removed before handover, I am worried of the further damage of thinner on my flooring.

Can I actually withhold this 10% until rectifications? Just read my tnc and it did not mention anything that I can hold my payment but that any delayed payments are subject to 3% interest :-(

Pls advise me urgently. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all, be aware of this contractor called Marvin Wong and Shirley Lee from Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd. Pay them 80% and they stopped work at around 15%. Pressing us to pay further and was told will not start work until we pay . Currently seeking legal action against them. Pointless to seek Case and police. Police reports were made. They having a booth on this coming renovation fair at Expo, Classic Living 2012 (21/07/12-29/07/12). Please do not engage them.

Anyone happened that engage this guy, please let me know. Appreciated that.

Marvin Wong/ Shirley Lee

Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd

Hi, my renovation is almost conpleting. I am supposed to Make my last 2nd payment (10%) before the final 5% retainer fee.

ID was kind to start the carpentry works even before I paid up. But I just went to see my house. Lightings are up so I can see that painting of the walls and plastering job was a disaster. Painters also had paint all over my laminated flooring.... Although ID say that he will make sure the paint is removed before handover, I am worried of the further damage of thinner on my flooring.

Can I actually withhold this 10% until rectifications? Just read my tnc and it did not mention anything that I can hold my payment but that any delayed payments are subject to 3% interest :-(

Pls advise me urgently. Thanks.

You may talk to your renovator and tell him about your worry, if he is ok then ask him to give you a written form by sms will do. :yamseng: