Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Been really tired these days. Managed to drop by Balestier's lightings.com.sg to get lights after work and spent more than 2 hours choosing lights. The sales person was so patient, service was good too. Balestier lights shop served us water while The Link did not even serve us anything when we went to try Vera Wang gowns. :furious: There's also a 15% discount for Phillips items now, so I guess we had a pretty good deal.

We wanted to visit Poh Seng at Jalan Besar after work. I was in a hurry and just saw '159 Jalan Besar' on their website. Reached there and realized, wrong! Had to walk all the way to 389, but it was already closed at 6pm!! I walked all the way from Serangoon Road, and it is so hot these days. :curse: I need to get sanitary wares really soon!

Day 22

False ceilings and partitions up. Photos from K.

7455001962_9f1d5d992e_z.jpg

7455001646_194724d59a_z.jpg

MBR false ceiling.

7455001160_9842f6acc2_z.jpg

Partition and L-box up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 23

We finally hacked the last wall. The permit took forever and needed a PE.

The husband dropped by in the afternoon in between meetings, and realized that the workers have accidentally drilled a hole into our concealed pipes in the wall. He immediately texted K and told him to fix it.

7455002294_45a3d361e8_z.jpg

And within the next hour, K proudly announced that it's fixed. He got his people down to weld it back immediately. :P It was really fast and I suppose we wouldn't even have known if the husband didn't drop by.

An excited me rushed down after work to see how it looks like after the hacking.

7455003236_17c898337d_z.jpg

Here's our kitchen without the wall now. Debris has been cleared and curbs extended with screeding for flooring too.

7455005936_c30bdd53de_z.jpg

View from service yard to main door.

7455004426_0b15f85909_z.jpg

I'm squeezing my sink/hob/2-door fridge on this side, so I can have full counter space on the other side. I guess I'm used to having a cutting space in between the sink/hob as the place I rented in Sweden had a one-side kitchen. I usually cook a dish and prepare the ingredients at the same time - I find that it really saves time.

Day 24

7455008368_0b15f0efcc_z.jpg

They are finishing up the flooring, it was fast!

Day 25

No pictures from K! ;) I guess he's busy and the curbs and shower screens will be up soon. All of the major works have been completed and we're only left with doors, shower screens, lights, windows for service yard and painting.

We're trying to arrange with the carpentry guy to come down for measurements this weekend. I'm most worried about this, as K is not doing carpentry for us since MIL insist that we use a relative. *cross fingers* Initially we got K to quote for everything, but end up taking out the carpentry to appease everyone. :unsure: Let's hope everything will continue smoothly.

Managed to drop by Balestier's lightings.com.sg to get lights after work and spent more than 2 hours choosing lights. The sales person was so patient, service was good too. Balestier lights shop served us water.. There's also a 15% discount for Phillips items now, so I guess we had a pretty good deal.

Agreed! We went to Tradehub21's branch and the service there is similiarly good. Their supervisor from the warehouse next door even showed my hubby how to install one of the lights, change bulb etc to curb hubby's curiosity.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. :dribble:

thanks thanks! :D

Agreed! We went to Tradehub21's branch and the service there is similiarly good. Their supervisor from the warehouse next door even showed my hubby how to install one of the lights, change bulb etc to curb hubby's curiosity.

wow i thought i was just lucky..really appreciative of good service these days.. :thumbs up:

Gorgeous new home! Love your choice of colours and materials! :D

Could you share with us the contact of K?

Thanks!

thanks thanks! i didn't choose any colors, they are mostly white walls and wooden flooring.. PM-ed. :P

Everything looks to be coming well together. congrats!

One can already imagine the sunlight flooding in, on the warm wooden base and colors of your personal touches that makes a house a home!

Any intention on adding some greenery? i would think some by the windows will create so much more life n bring colors...along with some gentle curtains..

im as much as a scandi/retro/indus lover too, but finding it hard to knock down the combinations of the many inspiring images i have collected for the mood!

Luckily mine is coming only in April-june 2013, still some time!

Yours gives me hope for that perfect balance of peace , life and colors in a hdb!

Everything looks to be coming well together. congrats!

One can already imagine the sunlight flooding in, on the warm wooden base and colors of your personal touches that makes a house a home!

Any intention on adding some greenery? i would think some by the windows will create so much more life n bring colors...along with some gentle curtains..

im as much as a scandi/retro/indus lover too, but finding it hard to knock down the combinations of the many inspiring images i have collected for the mood!

Luckily mine is coming only in April-june 2013, still some time!

Yours gives me hope for that perfect balance of peace , life and colors in a hdb!

wow many thanks for your very kind words..you've just described what i envisioned in words..do u happen to write for a living? :P

i don't exactly have green fingers but may plant some herbs for cooking..and buy fresh flowers to place them in vases..will probably get white semi see through curtains to keep the living/dining bright..

i started with pinning images (on pinterest) of homes I liked, then sieved out what was possible for the flat based on the layout (and practicalities)..

April/June is pretty soon, especially since HDB seem to hand over flats faster than expected nowadays! good luck and enjoy the process.. :D

Hi,

Did u conceal all your aircon trunkings?

hey..

my aircon trunking went through the rooms..so it's not visible along the corridor..it is only visible in the MBR towards the air-con ledge..

Week 4 concluded.

Can't believe it's been a month since we've started renovation! :D

Very happy with progress so far. Almost all works are done. We're only left with painting, shower screens/doors, plumbing and lights and carpentry..but plumbing and lights usually come when the carpentry comes in..so i suppose things will come to a standstill till my carpentry is in..i'm hoping that it'll be done in 2 weeks but i've a feeling that we'll be delayed by carpentry - we are only discussing carpentry with the relative tomorrow, after which carpenter will come do measurements before manufacturing..no idea why both ain't done the same time.. :dunno:

7479559816_202a236fcd_z.jpg

worksite.

7479570498_2129ef66b1_z.jpg

View from entrance. The whole place look so much brighter and bigger after the walls were knocked down!

7479574242_6611aa4e72_z.jpg

Kitchen.

7479577128_b2a9ca9af0_z.jpg

Living room. The recess wall will be covered by 'wood planks' with a 'hole' in the middle..

7479580508_15c76a1bee_z.jpg

View from the other end of the living room.

Week 4 concluded..cont.

7479586696_3ebe2475db_z.jpg

MBR toilet with mosaic curb for shower screen up. Waiting for shower screen.

7479591856_eb530a8717_z.jpg

Common toilet.

7479596782_6db3a2d480_z.jpg

I love the curb!

7479600662_44933ce371_z.jpg

From common toilet to service yard.

7479605442_11524d7435_z.jpg

View from service yard.

Week 4 concluded..cont.

7479609632_e3fe8593aa_z.jpg

The side where my washer-dryer/sink/hob/fridge will be in a row.

7479614802_49ae487c14_z.jpg

The cement screed wall in the kitchen.

7479619222_7e2311dd59_z.jpg

My lovely brick walls.

7479623422_eae329c66d_z.jpg

View of the living/dining from the door.

7479565842_ef6855ecb6_z.jpg

It was a hot hot sunny day!

With this, I guess updates will get less frequent as not much will be done till carpentry comes in. It's been really exciting, but very tiring too. Can't wait to see the result and add in our furnishings. It's going to take months for us to decorate our place like hanging up our puzzles, photo frame wall etc. I don't know how people finish their renovation in 4 weeks and move in immediately! We will only move in at the end of the year and will be taking our time to clean up and deco the place slowly. :P

Hi theitsybits!

The reno really is looking great! I am very impressed with what K is doing. Would you be able to PM me the costs that you have budgeted for and spend so far on the reno?

Thanks!